• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Power Rankings discussion UPDATED,BRAWL RANKINGS UP

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
magic is hardly ever balanced period lol my name has mana in the name

i was going to bring my 1.5 deck to this but i didnt kno if anyone would play i didnt know the place was a magic store too (revival of melee im talking)

if any of u guys play magic bring ur 1.5 deck (so its fair) to a mass madness or big tourny so we can play

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Chewman, we should totally do that except meet at someone's house who's in between us so we don't end up driving hours upon hours lol. I'm free all week if anyone wants to play. I think I'm going to get drunk with Papito and play.

Papito, when are you free?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
is connecticut starting their own magic the gathering power rankings

because it doesn't look like it

it doesn't look like power rankings at all

:mad:

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
3rd edition? really? there was no "3rd edition" They didn't start using number until 4th edition, which is curiously the 5th core set:

Alpha
Beta
Unlimited
Revised
4th Ed.
etc
Anyone who played back in the day when I did, referred to Revised as "3rd Edition" >_> and thank you for naming the sets, I've only owned every card in the game at some point or other from beta to Odyssey block. Yeah, it's like that =P

And yea, The Deck was gay, but then they printed more cards and it suddenly wasn't as dominant cause there was necropotence and ****. Some of the funky French 5 color agro builds could also play against it, but they cost a **** ton more money than The Deck with all their Moxes, Dual Lands, Time Walk, Ancestral, etc. and ultimately were at a slight disadvantage.
You didn't understand when I said THE DECK. THE DECK was the original dominant deck in type 1(the only type at the time lol) invented by Gary Wise. After that THE DECK just referred to whatever the new dominant deck was when newer sets came out, kind of a nick-name. THE DECK originally had all the moxes and everything in it, so I have no idea what you're talking about. And Necro wasn't a dominant deck until around 1999 in Type 2. However "white weenie" could counter it quite well. I should know, I top 8'd in the East Coast Divisional that year with Necro.

I had forgotten that Memory Jar actually was legal for a little while. It was just banned before the first Grand Prix where it would've been legal.
Memory Jar wasn't banned. It was restricted shortly after. And type 1 was never the format in a Grand Prix anyway >_>

ATTENTION DAZWA: LOOK BELOW O_Ov
Spawn, come play Melee with me for realz on thursday. Let's get Evan...and you too Mogwai!

Aesir

Smash Master
Sick **** there Eric.

I liked type two during Rav and Time Spiral. =\

Then again my favorite deck was in that cycle so that might be why.

<3 Perilous Storm.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
If this thread gets closed, I don't know how I'm going to play people besides Aiser.

To all the people talking about Magic- do it in Beast Coast Tea Room or just put some melee/brawl related discussion in there.

I wish Mike$ hadn't choked and over b'd off the side of the stage vs Big D so he could've made it into brackets and shown how good he is.

Soul Eater is way too good.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
big D is maddd good. he's **** with like, everyone.

spawn, come to my place and i'll drive us to mogwai's on thursday. That's right mogwai, i just invited everyone to your place without asking. So be ready.

Also, for the mods, this:
wikipedia on M:TG said:
Awards:
1994: Mensa Top Five mind games award
Bet you didn't realize M:TG = Smash.
mindgames son.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Anyone who played back in the day when I did, referred to Revised as "3rd Edition" >_> and thank you for naming the sets, I've only owned every card in the game at some point or other from beta to Odyssey block. Yeah, it's like that =P
I always referred to it as Revised, this is the first I've heard of it being called 3rd edition. I'm very impressed by how large your mtg ***** is, but please don't talk down at me like I don't know what I'm talking about.

You didn't understand when I said THE DECK. THE DECK was the original dominant deck in type 1(the only type at the time lol) invented by Gary Wise. After that THE DECK just referred to whatever the new dominant deck was when newer sets came out, kind of a nick-name. THE DECK originally had all the moxes and everything in it, so I have no idea what you're talking about. And Necro wasn't a dominant deck until around 1999 in Type 2. However "white weenie" could counter it quite well. I should know, I top 8'd in the East Coast Divisional that year with Necro.
I very much understood what you meant by THE DECK. All I really recall about it was like, 2 serra angel, 4 WoG, 1 Ancestral, 1 Time Walk, 1 Ivory Tower, 1 Library of Alexandria. Anyway, I thought that the deck only played 2 or 3 Moxen (I still think this is the funniest way to pluralize Mox) and only tundras in the way of duals (and I don't remember Wise's list having a lotus... not sure), but I was really playing competitively at that point, so the decklist isn't burnt into my skull. Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I remember reading the report on the win @ Worlds with that deck that put it on the map, and it seemed to me that the French deck that it was up against would've been perfectly fine in game three but for ivory tower + Library of Alexandria (two restricted cards at the time) bringing Wise's life total completely out of reach and feeding him non-stop answers.

Memory Jar wasn't banned. It was restricted shortly after. And type 1 was never the format in a Grand Prix anyway >_>
I was talking about when it was about to rotate into type 2, not type 1. If you need to brush up on your ancient history, Buelher talks about it at the top of this article: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtgcom/daily/rb97

ATTENTION DAZWA: LOOK BELOW O_Ov
Spawn, come play Melee with me for realz on thursday. Let's get Evan...and you too Mogwai!
So that this post isn't just defending my MTG Masculinity, I might be able to do Thursday.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yes you are Manalord. <3 89.1 will always be the greatest station ever haha. We gotta hang out again next tournament I see you. We'll **** some Canadian tournament lol.

I think I should be the best in Brawl. I just jv4 stocked (that's right mother ****ers not taking a single hit the entire match) my brother in Metaknight dittos. He's 12.

I didn't Plank once for the record.
I have a burning desire to get better also. Good thing I have spring break all week this week. The aim discussion is going to be beast.

Lol, I just beat my brother without killing him once. It said that he had +3 kills and I had +0 but I won lol.

Edit: Smash64 is so bad online now. Everyone speaks Spanish and they don't have the item switch cheat.
>=P Try doing that to my brother! Haha!

D: I wanna get better too!

my friend's uncle used a sealed beta box as a down payment for a new car. LOL
GGs economy.

Edit: Well ****! My surgery is on April 3rd. T-T No NY Trip with Sandra...
-DD

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
I meant no offense Mogwai. But it was I who felt you were talking down to me when you decided to name the sets, and being an ex-pro I didn't take that lightly, so that's when I decided to pull out my (rather large) M:TG pen!s ;) It's all good though, I think there was just some misinterpretation, after clarifying, you seem to know what you're talking about. Now...

Evan-can you play thursday!? I'll drive you and spawn to Mogwai's if need be!

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I might be able to do thursday. What time were you thinking?

Yay for randomly checking the boards on my phone while at work and there being something for me to respond to. Or something.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
I believe Mogwai gets home around 6ish(amiritemog?), so I figure spawn can get his *** to my place anytime he likes, then when you get outta work, just come over and we can carpool to mogwai's.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
T_T I guess I'll drive to Milford if my mom lets me. I definitely want to go to Cort's one of these days too. And Dorf's. So many people to play, so little time!!! T_T

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Is there a thread for Jam's tournament? Link me if there is pl0x~
-Nick

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I believe Mogwai gets home around 6ish(amiritemog?), so I figure spawn can get his *** to my place anytime he likes, then when you get outta work, just come over and we can carpool to mogwai's.
yea, 6ish
This sounds like a good time, and I think I'll actually be able to make it for the whole evening. I'm thinking I should bring another setup if we get more than 3 people? Or maybe someone can bring a TV and another can bring Wii/GC/melee/whatevs.

I'll let you all know by sometime tomorrow.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Sorry Spawn, I forgot to check my schedule for thursday so i could text you the answer to the question you had. I'll definitly find out tomorrow and let you know when you can come over. mah bad.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
It's cool man. I'm not doing anything due to spring break. No rush brah.

Edit: LOL @ Pc's that was so much fun. Best quotes I've heard ever.

"Spawn you've got a pretty face." "Shut up Spawn, you're like the biggest creeper I know." Haha, <3 Chris.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
dude, nick, your surgery is on my birthday </3
I KNOW!

I'm having it done in hartford though, so come visit me~! I'll have my laptop and we can play smash in my room LOL.

I think I'll host a smashfest LOL!

-DD

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Wow, I forgot to look for this thread. LOL. The old thread is garbage now son.

Noodles-Can ya link me to that Brawl match up chart thingy? I can't find it.........

I also think it would be extremely simple to do the Brawl power rankings.

Noodles, Icy, occasionally moon doggie and myself (MM) are the only real competitors.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
Chewman, we should totally do that except meet at someone's house who's in between us so we don't end up driving hours upon hours lol. I'm free all week if anyone wants to play. I think I'm going to get drunk with Papito and play.

Papito, when are you free?
definitely let me know when

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
sorry spawn :( spent my tournament winnings on whiskey at the diner. I apologize for anything mean/funny that i said hahaha. anyways on a more related note power ranking wise. Spawn beat QueenDVS spawn for number 1 !!! after Cort of course.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Chris, don't be sorry about anything. That was a magical weekend. You didn't say anything hurtful at all. Everything you did/said was incredible. I should be the one being sorry. I don't think I thanked you once for housing us ct'ers. So, I say thank you now.

Also, what I said about the whole, "Chris, it would've been better if you hadn't talked while you did that." I didn't mean that, I phrased it wrong lol. Everyone was saying how it would've been better if you had mimed that and I just wanted to agree with everyone except I said it mad weird LOL. Sorry bout that. No hard feelings. <3

I'm going to play Cort this week/weekend and be able to beat him after we play. Also, I am probably lying about this because we're probably going to get drunk and I'm not going to learn anything LOL.

Edit: Oh yeah, FL was laughing their *** off that I was like top 3 in CT the night before the tournament. I sure did rep CT well /almost beats Colbol and beats QDVS

In all fairness, QDVS and I both played terribly. It was a messed up tournament match lol. It's on camera because Shminkledorf recorded it.

Also, looking at the bracket... I had like the best bracket for a nonpro. I love Scar. Too bad I choked and messed it up lol. Alukard must've thought I was a guaranteed win for him considering how bad I got ***** by him last tournament.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
No, the best comment ever was him trying to not sound gay and saying, "I'm sorry, but the way the light shined on your face." LOL

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I don't mean to be a jerk but how in the heck can TeeVee be a panelist for Brawl? Hes been to like three tournaments and hardly ever posts.

Brawl Panelists-Noodles, Icylight, Moon Doggie. (The only problem is that Moon Doggie isn't that active on the boards either. You need a strongly active user.)

Melee Panelists-Aesir, SPAWN, Jam Stunna (Definitely should be these three because Jam is a very honest and upfront person, Aesir is as well, and SPAWN knows the most about everyones skill.)

I could have said Cort, Trademark, or Mogwai but Cort doesn't even care and I think those three are more than suitable and knows everyones skill the most.

I definitely think we could at least get the Brawl PR's done like....right now. Also, CTers have now begun to participate in Melee tournaments (trademark, spawn, aesir, mogwai, MikeMoney, Chewman, myself) and we can definitely begin to draw that list up as well. Let's get this done quickly and accurately and then go on to post about nothing because we all know we want to do that. I'm seriously sick of some of you posting random crap that is obvious spam. Good job Noodles making a new thread to try to get rid of that aspect. Just keep up with this thread and don't pull a V and slack.

Top Bottom