• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Jam-I feel the same exact way. I keep trying to get into Brawl but there is always something that pisses me off and makes me hate it even more again.

Best example I can think of-I was playing Samikay online yesterday and we were both trying to kill eachother when we were at high percents. I threw my Marth Fsmash out and it missed him but his pit Dsmash hit me. Yeah, thats right...pits d smash. Thats ********.

Its not even THE GAME thats bad...its the people who play brawl that make me despise it....the campers. All it is is waiting around for something to make a mistake...and than punishing. The priority levels on certain attacks are just ********. A diddy f tilt beats out tooooo much, snakes anything, all of mk's moves are broken, robs nair and bair, gaws key, ikes jab, olimars smashes, DDD's grab range, kirbys grab range...theres just too much crap that goes on in that game that should not be happening.

Cat Fight-I know enough to realize that Brawl is nothing compared to Smash 643 or Melee. If you honestly havent realized that Brawl is just full of campers....you're in denial. Heck, when you were at my house and you were playing online...didnt all you play was campers? Pit and Wolf camped quite a bit against you sir....pay close attention to matches and watch them...its all shielding and waiting for someone to make a mistake. Neos Marth plays the same as well...he waits for you to make a mistake...and then ***** you.

Yeah, teams was toooooo fun guys. That actually made me enjoy playing.

Seriously Though-Ask yourself this question

What was Nintendos Goal when they made Brawl? (What did they strive for? What did they want to achieve?)
They did not want to make Brawl competitive and they succeeded. Think about Tripping. Explain to me why tripping was inserted. Why else would Sakurai want to put that into a game? Why are online rankings non existent? Why is every single character in that game pretty much even and fun to play as? I rest my case.
This is kind of an old topic but....

There was an interview with Sakurai someone posted and he was hinting that Brawl is slower because they put wifi in and it couldn't handle the data transfers. Of course tripping is stupid and camping is annoying but I think as people become more skilled and find more depths in the game, the aspect of annoying camping will dicipate and be easier to get around. I think Nintendo's goal was to make money just like it was when they released 64 and Melee and I think Sakurai's goal was to make a new game, something different and he did it the way he wanted. Try to think of it as like a band's new album. A good band will really never release an album just like the last one they had because they want to try new things and are also probably sick of that album.

Garrett the whole point of competition is to win so if that's what Neo or anyone feels is the best way to win they do so but that doesn't mean it has to stay that way. The gameplay will evolve. You like to play it with people for fun every once and awhile right? Then just do that if it's going to get you frustrated. No one said Melee was going to end competitively and after all any game's real purpose is to have fun.

I hate Olimar too ha :0( He's so annoying.

Jake I'm down. Do you want to meet up tomorrow to play at some point?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Oh yea! And guys!
Remember when I posted about tripping being removed?
Yea?
That takes about 2 minutes to set up.
Sheesh.
*coughs something about a new standard*
-DD

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Daz would you want to meet up tomorrow to play during the day maybe? Anyone? I have nothing to do until like 6 or so.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Lets all go to Poffy's house!
Or Alex's!
:[ Where ever that dashing, handsome, generous man is.
-DD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
T_T I got a speeding ticket for $142 going 45 in a 30. :(

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I finally saw The Dark Knight today. There aren't superlatives strong enough in the English language to express how good that movie is.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm feeling a little ill all of a sudden.
T-T Wahhh...
I think I'll go on wifi...
-DD

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Lets all go to Poffy's house!
Or Alex's!
:[ Where ever that dashing, handsome, generous man is.
-DD
i would probably
Daz would you want to meet up tomorrow to play during the day maybe? Anyone? I have nothing to do until like 6 or so.
You all should come over tomorrow....I get out of work at 2PM. Driving back from Rocky Hill late at night (Alexs area) is depressing because at night there is construction which takes a good 30 mins alone to get out of....! Call my cell...you all have my number. I'm down for Melee and Brawl teams? I was playing with Cog, Jam, Noodles, and myself today in teams for Brawl and it was actually very fun....camping is minimized....yum.

I'm feeling a little ill all of a sudden.
T-T Wahhh...
I think I'll go on wifi...
-DD
Good to hear you finally saw, now I don;t have to worry about spoiling it for you as I do everything else.

I'll play with you.
Yes, lets do TEAMS!!!!? Teams are fun in Brawl.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
No, definitely not Neil.

Wow, Brawl almost broke my Wii tonight

Modest, Jam and DD-When we got locked up the 2nd time while trying to start teams up my Wii froze and my TV made a loud beeping noise...and i was forced to restart my Wii. I had to do a friggin hard reset haha haha

Also-Jam showed me tonight that not only are the iceys really good, but they are really gay...about as gay as snake and MK. Chain throws by them are ********. I'd rather get chain throwed by DDD as Bowser at Pokemon Stadium against the tree.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Modest, Jam and DD-When we got locked up the 2nd time while trying to start teams up my Wii froze and my TV made a loud beeping noise...and i was forced to restart my Wii. I had to do a friggin hard reset haha haha
Has this happened to anyone else? When my laptop was in repairs, I used the Wii's internet channel, and there were times when the thing would freeze completely. I had to unplug the power source just to reset it. EDIT: No beeping noise, though.

And yes...learning to hate the Ice Climbers is a growing pain of someone learning competitive smash >_>

Top Bottom