• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Brawl really isn't any more campy than Melee. Melee is just fast camping.

Trade: I'd like to go, but I have plans.

_V_

Smash Ace
I think this has happened to me too...the beeping noise as well. I honestly could just be making this up, but my Wii was messed up for a while from dumb roommates droping it. I do believe it did that at one point.

Edit//But in Melee you can be Fox and retardedly attack shields <3 <3 <3 hahaha

PRlNCE OF FIRE

Smash Rookie
Has this happened to anyone else? When my laptop was in repairs, I used the Wii's internet channel, and there were times when the thing would freeze completely. I had to unplug the power source just to reset it. EDIT: No beeping noise, though.

And yes...learning to hate the Ice Climbers is a growing pain of someone learning competitive smash >_>
like every so often when i push the start button to play the game, right before the "wiimote's wrist band warning thing" it would just stay black and I have to hold the power button on the wii to turn it off. normally does it the first time after I don't use the wii for a while. I don't think I have good luck when it comes to electronics

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Good stuff Garret. I think the ICs are actually really terrible in Brawl. Their chaingrab is really the only thing that makes them somewhat competitive.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
V-Me? AKA everyday w his ganondorf! his ganondorf in melee is really good

more like remember your roy 20% kill? GEM

Dazwa-I actually do not mind fighting them in melee because Sheik destroys them with her dsmash and i am used to using Marth against them as well. In Brawl its super gay because then can chain throw anyone into anything. Ndudes Iceys are gay too.

and yeah, Wii system failures are ********...they happen too often to like everyone I know.

I keep getting better at Melee and i love it. The other day at Jams CCC meetup I played Tyrn....a Link player who used to beat me alllllllll the time. I played him with my Falco...and I was able the three stock him. Alex and Charlie up in Rocky Hill used to wipe the floor with my *** in melee everytime i went down there....I won a Marth ditto MM against Charlie the other day. He had a shwag controller...and was a bit of a legit John but after the set (2-0 victory for me) so im getting better at marth dittos at least....no? Alex still beats me but my *** gets kicked less and less and less each time I also used to SUCK with Captain Falcon....and could not control him...now I can and hes one of my better characters. dair to fairs is toooo good haha

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Dazwa-I actually do not mind fighting them in melee because Sheik destroys them with her dsmash
Until they learn to Wavedash out of shield, and then 0-death you =(. Marth is a good choice though, I normally went Marth against Iron Chief's ICs back in the day.

In Brawl its super gay because then can chain throw anyone into anything. Ndudes Iceys are gay too.
Wobbling was allowed in Melee...it's roughly the same thing as their Brawl chaingrab, even easier.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Dsmash can be easily punished with a synched grab.

We all know what happens next...

Although, I do think Sheik does way better against ICs than she is widely thought to.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Sweet. I want to visit really soon.

I don't have to work again until Thursday. It's a good feeling.

_V_

Smash Ace
Use Fox n00bs.

HAH >________<

Yay @ Dave! When we hear from Jake about a Smashfest, maybe visit that day? If he still does it. I am sure he wouldn't mind you going...obviously!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Sheik does do better than people give her credit for. She owns the ICs recovery. But one grab and the stock is pretty much gone, so I can see why no one likes fighting ICs with Sheik.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Garrett/Noodles/anyone else I'm down for tomorrow although I would have to be out by 530 or 6. A smashfest at Jake's would be awesome!

In Brawl when IC's chaingrab you with Nana's dair you can tech away from it but if not you may be in trouble. I've lost stocks with both of us at 0% to that before I realized you could tech it plenty of times.

I just played a show and I'm too exhausted. Goodnight CT.

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
Modest, Jam and DD-When we got locked up the 2nd time while trying to start teams up my Wii froze and my TV made a loud beeping noise...and i was forced to restart my Wii. I had to do a friggin hard reset haha haha
Weird. It was funny how DD didn't get the hint that you and Jam were going Red. Jam had a great idea. When doing teams, put the team color as a tag to let people know.
http://www.ghosteo.net/tex_hack/

Scroll near the bottom. Some are really cool, others...not so much.
Meat Grinder ROB, Metal Sonic, Louie, and Phazon Suit Samus are really cool.

Good games DD, Pof, and Jam.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Weird. It was funny how DD didn't get the hint that you and Jam were going Red. Jam had a great idea. When doing teams, put the team color as a tag to let people know.
T-T It was my idea first, it just didn't let me see your names...
-DD

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
So whose going to Pof's at 2?

^^ I never tried this myself but my dad always has a bloody mary to get rid of hangovers haha. Idk he says it works every time.

Top Bottom