• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Brawl's already dying, the attendance for the tournys in MD/VA has dropped with each one. There were only 23 entrants at the Sykesville tourny (normally they get 40-60), even I didn't show to that. I was at a small Melee smashfest in some guy's basement and there were 17 of us LOL. Melee for life.
the sykesville biweekly was a sykesville biweekly, not a critical hit. it cant even be compared. we didnt expect more than 25 people, lol

also just fyi i didnt run the timer out on a single person at sykesville so you dont really need to go around saying i did ^^

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
i want to play some peoples today
Got a car....? Near farmington ave....? Got melee and Brawl...? Then I'll be glad to practice with ya.
P.S I don't mind paying a little for gas money/ I have class at 6 and wouldnt care if I went a tad late, per say....
7:30 8 ish.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT! PLANK RAN THE TIMER OUT AGAINST A SMALL DEFENSELESS CHILD!

lolol jon

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Brawl will only be good when

Rob
MK
Snake

are banned...thats it. Playing a match with any character other than those three VS any character other than those three is perfectly fair and legitimate.

Rob is so broken that its unbelievable

The BEST recovery in the game (its better than MK's because he moves faster in the air and get away from trouble faster.)
-Supported DI and recovery through his Bair
-He has a dash cancel that makes him run and throw his Gyro...bullcrap
-The most broken sidestep in the entire game
-The hitbox on his nair and bair is ridiculous. Did you know that if you touch ROBS FACE when hes using the bair you get hit for the same %? Thats ********.
-he can edge camp with his laser and gyro
-his f tilt has more range than marths sword and can match up against a snake F tilt.
-He can recover after being spiked.

Snake-Do I need to explain this?

MK

Edge camping
broken tornado move
INCREDIBLE speed
lagless d smash
Multi hit f tilt that is very controllable.
great priority
can kill at low % with his upB
chain grabs heavy characters up to 30% (F throw)
NO character aside from ROB and GAW can even come close to matching him in the air.

GAW is not broken because Toon Link and Link do EXTREMELY well against him.

I would play Brawl all the time if those three characters were banned. They are all Bull****

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Despite me hating ROB, I think only Metaknight needs to be banned. Snake is beatable you just have to gimp him and shield A LOT. Of course, ROB's pretty annoying and gay as hell, but I don't think he needs to be banned. Once Metaknight is gone everything will just even out.

_V_

Smash Ace
I think I should be banned from Brawl :)

That is all.

Edit//By the way...the same crap has been said about Melee for years. It is just the nature of the beast with unbalanced games.

noodles

Smash Champion
theres ways around robs camping. metaknights ledge stall, if done right, theres really nothing you can do to stop it.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Snake can missile it! haha

Seriously though....just think about it....

ANY match without those three is FUN and there isnt any CRAP. With Sheik, Marth and Fox in Melee they are all definitely beatable. Marth destroys fox and falco and Sheik and Marth are about even.

It is not the same in Brawl. I personally think Snake owns MK in Brawl...just keep an u tilt fresh until
around 70 or 80 and then use it...and you win while meta doesnt kill snake AT LEAST until around 130%

Speaking as someone who mained both Snake and MK in Brawl I can honestly say I think they are both ********. and ROB is gay because he is the best defensive character in the game. The only reason why MK and Snake are top tier is because they are the only characters in the game who can actually attack and get away with it.

Snake sets traps so you have to worry about those first...and then he can attack you...that...or just tilt.

MK is soooo much faster than the whole cast that he can just spam his moves and never give you a chance to Shield Grab. Thats why I started to use Marth in Brawl...if you space with him well you can avoid that shield and punish routine and on top of that, marth isnt broken.

_V_

Smash Ace
That is what I meant. The top 4 characters beat eachother and that is it. Just like the top 3 you stated in Brawl.

Though, Fox technically ***** everyone...but I think PC is the only person that still uses him and does well >.>

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
I play Brawl when I'm bored. I beat the crap out of every game i enjoy on the ps3, im not going to play my DS at home when i can do something else, ( i play that when im at work or something) melee is not fun by yourself...and i beat the crap out of the 64 smash on the wii already.

Brawl is just a nice quick way to play smash without having to do any work.

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
Thats not possible to happen yet because Capcom needs to get a license for marvel and guess who has that license, the ones who made ultimate alliance, which is EA I think. So when that contract expires there will most likely be one but I dunno when that happens.

Top Bottom