• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
z spawn isn't gay in tournament except in Sheik dittos. :(

Papito

Smash Journeyman
Theres always a Brawl of any competitive game.

Look at Soul Calibur! XD

They should just name it MvC: Brawl.
play me in some soul calibur i bet ill change your mind. all the soul calibur games are good no where near brawl comparison. if anyone doesnt like it, it is because you suck.

Played papito in melee today..... Got wooped..... He'll be good training for my tourney xD
you have alot of potential, and your mad cool.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Theyll make it like brawl and add tripping to it.
Funniest thing you've ever said haha haha haha haha haha thats awesome.

play me in some soul calibur i bet ill change your mind. all the soul calibur games are good no where near brawl comparison. if anyone doesnt like it, it is because you suck.
I have to say that Soul Calibur I and II are INCREDIBLE and very fun while III is garbage. What you're saying is like the noobs perspective of looking at the Melee VS Brawl debate. "Well....since I sucked at Melee....i'll compete in BRAWL and be REALLY GOOD because people really care about skill level in Brawl!" haha I think its lame how people rate how much they like a game by how good they are at it. Thats like the emo approach to life...its stupid. "Oh, i suck at life....so im going to end my life" translates to-Well, i suck at this video game so im not going to play it.

Khaly is right....SCIII is basically Brawl.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
lol @ Papito, btw Jam you coming to my tourney?? Even if it's late like last time, seeing you there would be mad cool.
What's the date again? I'm fairly certain I'll be working, I only have like one Saturday off all of next month.

Also, I've been thinking about holding a charity tournament sometime in the fall. Would people attend a tournament where all proceeds go to the Red Cross?

EDIT- Yeah, I'm working on that date, Runicwings. I'd very much like to attend (as well as attend PoF's tournament), but there's money to be made.

noodles415

Smash Rookie
i ruined my 100th post lol. either way i wanted to change my name to noodles for awhile now

edit: *1000th

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
I only have like one Saturday off all of next month.

EDIT- Yeah, I'm working on that date, Runicwings. I'd very much like to attend (as well as attend PoF's tournament), but there's money to be made.
Awwww you can't give up pimping your hoes for ONE day? And come to my tourney?
As for your tourney, I'd go.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
tell me why its bad and it better be credible. give me a jamstunna essay
I never played any of the Soul Caliber games competitively, HOWEVER, when SC2 came out my two best friends and I all bought the game. We played the living **** out of it. We banned grabs in our matches because we found them boring. We memorized every move set and specials there were and we would string together hits like crazy. Eventually, a lot of our matches came down to parrying back and forth, we once did 14 in a row! Keep in mind that's with us timing the attack after differently to throw the opponent off. Hell, even in my freshman year at college there was a guy who had SC2 in his room and I'd play with him all the time.

I'm not trying to sound like the best source for this, it's just opinion after all. I do think I'd do decently against you when I was in my prime. Now when I played SC3 for the PS2 I absolutely despised it. This was quite a while ago so I don't remember most of why I hated it, but everything felt awful to me. The controls, the movesets, the matches. I played it for a good 2 hours and then watched two of my friends play it for another 2 and it never really interested me. I mean I guess if I actually took the time to adapt to the game I might have enjoyed it, but it was just too boring and uninteresting for me to continue. Another thing, the friend I watched play it for the additional two hours was a strong advocate of SC3 and would always curse me out for hating it. He played it a few months in freshman year before realizing he was becoming bored of it. He later told me the game is just decent, but not anywhere good as 2 was.

Seriously, we played SC2 all the time. Entire summers on it and stuff. SC3 was just disappointing, exactly like Brawl.

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
i ruined my 100th post lol. either way i wanted to change my name to noodles for awhile now
So, to save the post.... You changed to another account? Very clever....

On another note, WHO THE HELL IS COMING TO MY TOURNEY!?!?!? Seriously, Im trying to pre reg everyone into the tourney I have so I can seed this thing easy, but NO ONE replied or PMed me SO everyone who is coming to this even if you THINK coming or FEEL like coming PM me because it's easier to delete someone from the tourney rather then adding a person to it, the program only allows a few SO PLEASE! For the love of little baby, 5 ounced two hour old Jesus, PM me and tell me whether your gonna bring a TV set and wii if you do you get a discount, it does'nt get better then that.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
ThumbsWayUp87 (10:55:22 PM): YOURE GOING TO CHUS

ThumbsWayUp87 (10:55:25 PM): !?!?!
!
Th3D0ct0rIsIn (10:56:08 PM): o.o what
ThumbsWayUp87 (10:56:18 PM): final biweekly?
ThumbsWayUp87 (10:56:18 PM): are yOU
Th3D0ct0rIsIn (10:56:25 PM): @_@ No?
ThumbsWayUp87 (10:56:31 PM): goddammit
Th3D0ct0rIsIn (10:56:36 PM): rofl
ThumbsWayUp87 (10:56:41 PM): i knew your comment wasnt in response to mine
Th3D0ct0rIsIn (10:57:23 PM): LOL THATS M2K
ThumbsWayUp87 (10:57:34 PM): LMFAO
ThumbsWayUp87 (10:57:36 PM): i need sleep

>_> I Lol'd.
Even when I change my avatar, we're still getting mixed up.
-DD

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
Scoops!
Hey, my wife and I are going to CTCon on Friday! Yay!
Yes!
Also, I've been thinking about holding a charity tournament sometime in the fall. Would people attend a tournament where all proceeds go to the Red Cross?
Depends on the date. Let me know in advance.

On SC3: I always loved the GC controller for SC2. When I found out SC3 was PS2 only, I lost interest.

Top Bottom