• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
What boggles my mind is how Spawn is never here and how much I miss him.

:(
I was in Waterbury at 4am-7am getting my wisdom teeth out through MoM. I thought of you <3. I figured you wouldn't want me over bleeding/all drugged up on novacaine/*****ing about my tooth.
we should just smash all day
then play smash eventually.

so i found out this weekend that the battlegrounds (where the last vls was, and other tourneys) closed.
i am super upset :[
Wait the one in Vernon where I held my tournaments? WTF HAPPENED!??!!?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
so spawn to answer your question:

I do not know if I am going to zenith yet. Have lots of stuff going on right now so like its tough to juggle things. Smash is def on the backburner for a bit.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I've unfortunately been in the same boat as Bernard, but I would sincerely like to change all that if I could. Smash is just too much fun to not play for months on end.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
That's sad that the Vernon one closed down. :(

Also Swift: I'm going with Bolt I think. He said he's pretty sure he has room for one more person so I'm taking up that spot.

Gas needs to go down geez. Makes me want to smash less since driving everywhere costs so much $$$.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
That's sad that the Vernon one closed down. :(

Also Swift: I'm going with Bolt I think. He said he's pretty sure he has room for one more person so I'm taking up that spot.

Gas needs to go down geez. Makes me want to smash less since driving everywhere costs so much $$$.
may be down for this. Will keep you updated

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'll wait til my car dies lol.

Swift: I think I'm using the last spot for Bolt's car but idk. Sorry man.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Alright. I feel like driving out to New Britain tonight. Will there be heads anywhere there? Student Center? Bernard's Dorm? Anything? Also, Thomas, you should Facebook message me your #.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I don't really get what is going on in the movie based on the new trailer.
Like...
All of a sudden, the government was keeping a secret that the moon was full of robots similar to the ones who invaded the planet and ***** face two times already? And from what it appears they built teleportation gates to the moon or something? And now these robots, who I'm not even sure of their affiliation but I guess I have to assume are Decepticons, and their pet worm, are taking over the planet, and there isn't any Megatron in sight?

And Shia Labeouf is ripping some poor blonde *****'s weave out? What the **** is up with that?

:|

-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Did anyone else notice that like 15 of the shots from Transformers 2 are in this movie? How ****ing unoriginal. COME ON give me something new, and the trailer does really really blow. It just screams a lack of interest from the people who made it. The guy cutting the trailer musta been like "oh god all this footage is terrible, but the movie's gonna make a billion dollars anyway. meh the trailer doesn't matter then they're gonna pay me no matter what" *throws together random assortment of clips without any sense of pace or timing or awesomness* All in a hard day's work!

Maybe they're trying to make Unicron here with the planet being a transformer maybe? I have no ****ing clue

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Poop comes from food.
It's a tough job but someone's gotta do it
Lol.

Maybe they're trying to make Unicron here with the planet being a transformer maybe? I have no ****ing clue
See, that's what I thought too, but they would be destroying the world, not "taking it over".

Also, wtf at Optimus saying to Sam, and I may be paraphrasing, "Yo, we gotta bounce, this is your ****, so take care of it, aight?"

I just want to know the plot of the movie at a level greater than "robots fighting for Earth's fate, and 20-something year old's falling in love in the midst of it."

-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I just want to know the plot of the movie at a level greater than "robots fighting for Earth's fate, and 20-something year old's falling in love in the midst of it."

-DD
but... that's exactly the plot. like, all of it. guaranteed. it has to be ambiguous enough to make you wanna see the movie anyway.

just watched it so that I could have some context and I've seen way way way worse trailers but I don't even really wanna talk about it because I think dissecting trailers defeats the whole purpose of them, which is to dangle something shiny in your face and make you wanna take a swipe at it.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
TF2 didn't have a plot. From the trailer of 3 all I got was that robots are being spawned on the moon Uruk'hai style and attacking earth, stupidity ensues. Get ready for another cringeworthy attempt at a love story. Maybe Shia will go to robot hell this time instead

Octave

Smash Ace
Alright. I feel like driving out to New Britain tonight. Will there be heads anywhere there? Student Center? Bernard's Dorm? Anything? Also, Thomas, you should Facebook message me your #.
Hmm I'm glad I periodically remember that this site exists... It's quiet without Poffy and I'm not too big on movies so movie chat bores me.

I'll send it to you, though I think it's on my profile.

Edit: It is on my profile. n00b

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I write this post as a look back on my smash career thus far, and shout outs to everyone and stuff.

I feel this is only natural, as I am now CT #1. huehuehuehue.
CT Power Rankings said:
User Name_____Posts
DarkDragoon___4,261
Cort__________4,260
Cort, it was fun being #2 while it lasted, and I'm sure if you posted more this post would be days, weeks, or possibly months away from now.

First off, shout outs to Silas/Brookman/Axelslam/Khaly/Mark/ErciChewman for being the first people I ever really played with and gave me the first big boost of skill in this game, from "What the **** am I doing?" to "Well okay I kinda get it but what?" Lots of time spent with them, lots of laughs and teams and yeah.

Shoutouts to 4Swords - Jam, Turnip, Hazy, JVSmooth - You guys were my first crew, and although we never got to play THAT much at the time, it was fun chillin' with you when I could! And Turnip, even though I'm 99% sure you won't see this, your Peach has forever influenced the way I play that character.

Shout outs to Lil/Patric/Joey for being Asian and fun people whenever I see them, albeit some of them are more rarely seen than others. Although I can always count on seeing you guys at cons. Hell yeah Asians.

Darc/Dazwa/Banks/Th0rn/Larx/Boxman - You guys are awesome, and should visit WPI again. Next year there should be plenty of room, and a kitchen where I will possibly make delicious foods. Banks, you're the one that got me into Sheik (read as: got me into winning tournament sets), and I'm always watching what you do when you play because I wanna move and control the stage like you do.

Spawn/Aesir/Awsmsean, you two guys made a lot of trips to play with me, and we had some great times eating all of my food. Demetri, I still have your ID somewhere, if you even need it anymore, rofl. Marc you've been the biggest influence on my Sheik and one of my best friends through Smash. I always watch how you play too, because one day I hope to be as blatantly homosexual as you are.

Budai - Legit dude. I only knew about WPI because you mentioned it to me, and now I'm ****** face over here. You're been a big plus to my life, essentially.

KevinM/HaileyM/GotPho/Yedi/Zoso/RyuCloud - WPI CREW YEAYUHZ. Too good guys. You guys are all personally responsible for the huge boost in skill I've gotten in only months time. Although I still **** up plenty of times when it comes down to it, I can pull off some amazing stuff now when I don't, and it is 100% thanks to all the time we've spent playing and laughing and dying of laughter and driving around and eating food and yeah.

Mass Peepz - $Mike, Mafia, ArcNatural, Chatroulette Tom, CogSmooch, MattDotZeb, KyuPuff, Andy - Sorry about last Friday not coming together, it was sorta my bad on that. We still do have to play more though. $Mike is going to be a CTer soon, but still. It'll happen. Cog, you're an old hipster man who I still have a Christmas present for. Stop by in Killingworth sometime and get it, or go to MassMadnesses.

Noodles - Used to see a lot more of you, and your Fox was gettin' real pretty. Dunno where you went bro.

Cat Fight/-Nana-/The Dragon - Playing Brawl with you guys back in the Brawl days was good times.

Slox/Bolt - You kids got pretty solid real quick. Awesome.

SolidJake - You're a baller dude man, and that forest is super thick and dangerous. I wish you'd stop reffing StarCraft matches and get back to being a TO for a REAL game.

[Speaking of StarCraft] Roman - I miss you.

Spife - You were just here all weekend, what the **** else do you want?

Mogwai/Niko/NY Area people - You guys are all awesome and good and fun to be around. Yeah.

HAB, Papito, G, and Octave - You guys are fun to see at Central when I make it up there, and at tournaments when you make it to them. Octave I love that I was actually able to pull at least ONE person into competitive melee from XHS, even if you're not super-serious about it at the moment.

SEXY - I still remember to advert my eyes when you're showing me your phone's screen.

Toasty/Thumbs/Sleepyk/PockyD/Laijin - You kids from outta region are all cool, although I don't think I've met all of you yet.

Prince Of Fire - Lol I love trolling your facebook and reading how history repeats itself on SRK's CT Thread. It really helps brighten my mood if I'm bored.

Notable Events:
CTCon '08 - Lollevator. Where I crafted an unbreakable bond with my broest-of-the-bros smasher buddies, as we trolled the living **** out of people trying to ride the elevator to their room in the hotel from 1 to 3am. SUCH GOOD BURGERS I'D EAT THEM OFF THE FLOOR MAN. Also managed to land me Sandra while at this con, shoutouts to smash wingmen that helped me out the entire con. Except she'd go on to be the reason I didn't get better at Brawl, but whatever - it's Brawl.

CTCon '09 - Good times, yet again. Although not as good since I was working volunteer stuff a lot, but helping some smashers out with ticket prices was always good.

AnimeBoston '10 - God I hated this con. Smashers are what made it worth it though, especially Spawn staying the entire weekend and trainrides and technofun. And VGO. But damn volunteering there sucked.

CTCon '10 - That con where I was with Ryann and didn't play much Smash, but still had tons of fun running around and volunteering with Smashers, who incorporated a large chunk of the volunteer team, and pretty much ran the con.

RoM3 - Awesome national tournament, and it was great seeing people like Lil, Cort, and SleepyK again after a while. I forgot to enter, but at least I wasn't too busy playing pools to watch HaileyM nearly take a set off of Lucky, and hype it up the entire time.

BullHeaded - Awesome tournament, and I forget why I loved it so much...I sucked *** and got wtfpwn'd by Kyupuff.

MassMadness Series - Especially recent ones where CT has started to represent! These are the notches on the wall I make to compare how much I've grown. Close the damn door in the winter, though. Holy ****.

Hall Of Gaming Series- Fun tournaments, and we get a solid mixture of NY, CT, MA, ME, Sonic, and IHOP all in there. These are the tournaments where I really like to see how I've been improving against the people I played with more back in the day.

So, I'd like to close this with a tally of my Smash Career thus far:

Friends Made: Too many.
Tournament Sets Won: Too few.
Money won in scrub tournaments or money matches with blowhards: ~$200
Money lost entering numerous actual tournaments and money matches with people who kick my **** in: ~$300
Laughs had: Still laughing.
Tears shed: All from laughing.
Hours played in melee total since starting ~3 years ago: ~25,000 hours.
Regrets from doing this: None. Smash and the Smash community are the best things to happen to my life, and have shaped it more than anything else has these past few years.

Thank you all, and lets continue ****ting on Michael Bay.

And inb4cortdoubleposts.
-DD

Top Bottom