• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
ZoSo still.

I just remembered Tales of Symphonia 2 is coming out on the Wii.

Still not getting a Wii for it, but I'm definitely looking forward to that one.

I'm kind of with Jam. I feel that Nintendo really has yet to do anything new or interesting with the technology. They have a lot of great titles to their name, but you can only keep doing the same few things with spruced up graphics over and over for so many years. I kind of don't like newer games in general, though.
irony ftw?

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
>.> I would like to add Monster Hunter 3 to the list of WHY I WILL KEEP MY WII.
<_< After seeing Sakurai brutally **** Brawl...I can't say I'm looking forward to Kirby. Also, Sonic unleashed better have a Chao Garden. Thats the only reason I'd even play, I love those little guys!
x_x
-DD
-___-;

The Sonic Rush dev team is in charge of Sonic Unleashed for Wii. I would hope that's reason enough to get the game... since they're responsible for the only good Sonic games in forever. Alas, Chao Garden r00lz.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
However, good titles ensure quality. And I just mentioned a bunch that are out or are being released for the Wii that no one else seems to think of mentioning/know about.
Really? Because Super Smash Brothers Brawl was a good title :laugh: Titles are only as strong as the people behind it. When those people strive to target a new casual audience, quality is no longer ensured, no matter who is working on it.

I remember how badly I wanted to see War of the Worlds before it came out. With Steven Spielberg and Tom Cruise teaming up again, I was siked for another Minority Report. What I got was one of the biggest disappointments I've ever seen. This has happened countless times with other films such as Miami Vice and Spiderman 3. Just because it has a reliable title and the same people are making it, doesn't mean it will be any good.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
How is that ironic?
You said that you wish N would make new franchises and stop relying on all the old ones, and then right afterwards you said you didn't like newer games, though.

It's like... everybody complains about Nintendo just making a billion Mario games, but Zack + Wiki sold like... 34 copies total? There's resistance to new things.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
Are you going to tell me a movie is good because it has a 50 million opening weekend? And that if 50% of those people who saw it enjoyed it, that makes it a good movie? Because that's exactly the same scenario and I've seen countless awful movies perform outstandingly well at the box office. Sales don't mean a thing, they only increase the chances of a sequel being made. They do not ensure quality.
Box office sales for a movie opening weekend aren't really comparable to video game units. Even if you took the number of units sold two years ago when it was first released it's hardly reflective of how its doing now. From what I remember of the release, when I actually camped out lol, most of the general public knew nothing of the Wii and it was shadowed by the release of PS3 around the same time. However the public has been slowly catching on for two years now and the sales have not stopped growing. Clearly theres something about the system that people like, and are willing to drop 250$ on. Which is a far bigger investment than going out to the movies for the night and spending 10$ (assuming you are w/o a date, 30$ in that case).

I understand that just because a large number of people think something is great does not mean it truly is. What I argue is that the nature of it growing clearly demonstraits a good product. For all of those people who bought it, it was good for them (with the exception of you, khaly, and people want to sell them). Your opinion may differ if it's because you examine video games closer than the average person. If an elite movie critic says a movie sucks does that mean it's completely incapable of being a good movie?

^lol sorry I just woke and baked so I'm full of philosophy

also I'm playing brawl and mk online if anyone wants to join

Markstyle

Smash Rookie
You said that you wish N would make new franchises and stop relying on all the old ones, and then right afterwards you said you didn't like newer games, though.

It's like... everybody complains about Nintendo just making a billion Mario games, but Zack + Wiki sold like... 34 copies total? There's resistance to new things.
No, I think mike understood what you were saying, but you misused the word ironic.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Seriously, the Wii isn't a freaking waste of money. There's plenty of things to look forward to on the Wii... and they have some great titles/exclusive content out already.

MK Wii
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego SW Complete Saga
FF:CC My Life as a King
My Pokemon Ranch
Dr. Mario Online RX
Brawl
FE10
No More Heroes
RE4
SMGalaxy
Guitar Hero III (For those who are into that game)
Rock Band (Same as above)
LoZ: TP
Okami

Games to look forward to for Wii:
Sonic Unleashed
New Zelda
New Kid Icarus
New Castlevania
Guitar Hero 4
Tales of Symphonia: KoR
Fatal Frame 4
Animal Crossing Wii
New Kirby
Oboro Muramasa Youtouden (Odin Sphere development team **** yes!)

I even read somewhere that the director of SFIV said it's a "maybe" for SFIV to be on the Wii.

If you think Wii is a waste of money then you shouldn't have bought it in the first place...
Ok, you go through those games....but do they REALLY have any REPLAY value? Just look at all the games out for the wii right now....have you really gone through them multiple times? The Wii is just a fab system. Five dollars for a nes game? 10 for an n64? How stupid do they think people are? Well, they are stupid because so many people waste money alone on something they could just install onto the darn thing themselves if they just did the research.

The Playstation 3 IN THE END will be the best next gen system. That front runner band wagon xbox 360 is ahead now....but it will not be for long. Metal Gear is out in a few days (gets boner) so things are about to change.

You guys do know that the name of the new Xbox system is the 720, right? haha lamest **** ever.

noodles

Smash Champion
Will you be online around 1pm? I copied down yr Brawl FC for when I get home if you'd like to play still.

Also, for anyone who wants it: MK Wii FC = 0173-2093-7033
ill add you for brawl, ill also add you and dr for MK

edit/
MK
brawl
dr mario
guitarhero/rockband
new tales game (if its anything like previous tales games)

have tons of replay value probably alot more that he listed but those are all i remember

Brookman

Smash Hero
You're looking at this backwards (granted, I kind of said it backwards).

Basically, I just think Nintendo has been getting really lazy for about a decade now, so I don't like any of their recent titles.

Who am I kidding? I couldn't even sit through Metroid Prime.

No, I think mike understood what you were saying, but you misused the word ironic.
This is ZoSo at Mike's house.

Ok, you go through those games....but do they REALLY have any REPLAY value? Just look at all the games out for the wii right now....have you really gone through them multiple times? The Wii is just a fab system. Five dollars for a nes game? 10 for an n64? How stupid do they think people are? Well, they are stupid because so many people waste money alone on something they could just install onto the darn thing themselves if they just did the research.

The Playstation 3 IN THE END will be the best next gen system. That front runner band wagon xbox 360 is ahead now....but it will not be for long. Metal Gear is out in a few days (gets boner) so things are about to change.

You guys do know that the name of the new Xbox system is the 720, right? haha lamest **** ever.
You're coming across as incredibly narrow-minded. What else is new?

Have you played Resident Evil 4 ever in your life?

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
Will you be online around 1pm? I copied down yr Brawl FC for when I get home if you'd like to play still.

Also, for anyone who wants it: MK Wii FC = 0173-2093-7033
I just added you, and yes I'll be around till 3:00

______

A gimmick can be brilliant
lots of good things are gimmicks
now I'm not a terribly trendy person but I approve of what ever gimmick is in the controller or whatever
personally I think the Wii fit is a huge terrible gimmick though

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings

Okay, let's go through the list:

MK Wii
Infinite.

FF:CC My Life as a King
Infinite.

My Pokemon Ranch
Not exactly a game whereas you can finish it... I guess there is a max to how many Pokemon you can store and the goodies you receive, but you can never really beat it.

Dr. Mario Online RX
Infinite.

Brawl
Infinite in all aspects, almost.

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (FE10)
Most people will only play through the game twice... Once to beat it, twice to play hardmode/get Pelleas along with some secret items/characters... but if you actually want to play it to it's full potential it has infinite replay value due to all the possibilities it has for teams and what-not.

No More Heroes
Extremely high replay value... I found myself playing this for hours after I beat the game. Just lots of extras you can get, or may have missed in yr initial run. Plus, the boss fights are ****ing amazing.

RE4
I can't say the replay value is that high, although, it's the best RE in the seris thus far... And if any RE were to have the highest replay value I'd say it's 4.

Guitar Hero III
Infinite.

Rock Band
Infinite.

Games to look forward to for Wii:
Sonic Unleashed
New Zelda
New Kid Icarus

New Castlevania
No real info has been released on this but if it's anything like the DS games I'm sure everyone that picks this game up will clock in max hours.

Guitar Hero 4
Infinite.

Tales of Symphonia: KoR
I'm sure this game will have extremely high replay value just like the first ToS, so I'm not worried about that. I'll be playing this game until the next Nintendo console, probably - lol.

Fatal Frame 4

Animal Crossing Wii
Infinite.

New Kirby

Oboro Muramasa Youtouden
If anything like Odin Sphere it should have pretty high replay value. Even if it doesn't... Odin Sphere was like an 80 hour game. Also, it was one of the best titles for PS2...

Also, I went through FE9 for GC about 20 times. Only after completing it 15 times do you unlock the last character... And I didn't start playing it seriously until the 16th time... xD

Wii will be top for a long time, but I don't doubt PS3 will soon become its close competition. Hopefully this motivates Nintendo to do something differently...

I totally left out Metroid Prime 3... MP series is freaking amazing. I hope that rumor about them all being bundled together is true. @___@;

Brookman

Smash Hero
ZoSo again.

I totally left out Metroid Prime 3... MP series is freaking amazing. I hope that rumor about them all being bundled together is true. @___@;
Another port and/or lame, shortsighted sequel is exactly what Nintendo needs to spruce up their library right about now!

I mostly agree with the rest of your post, though.

noodles

Smash Champion
i forgot about RE4 i guess the mercenaries and stuff you can unlock after beating the game gives extra replay.it also has bonuses from both the ps2 and gamecube version on it

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
ZoSo again.

Another port and/or lame, shortsighted sequel is exactly what Nintendo needs to spruce up their library right about now!

I mostly agree with the rest of your post, though.
I'm simply stating I wouldn't mind seeing a bundle if it was at an affordable price. I don't doubt there being some sort of extra content in the midst, either.

Heck, there a plethora of collections out for PS2 now and everyone seems happy about them. MP collection would be very nice, IMHO.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I just added you, and yes I'll be around till 3:00

______

A gimmick can be brilliant
lots of good things are gimmicks
now I'm not a terribly trendy person but I approve of what ever gimmick is in the controller or whatever
personally I think the Wii fit is a huge terrible gimmick though
What's yr MK FC? :"p

I added your MKFC, Cat Fight. Add me...
Will do soon as I get home. =^__^=

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
You're looking at this backwards (granted, I kind of said it backwards).

Basically, I just think Nintendo has been getting really lazy for about a decade now, so I don't like any of their recent titles.

Who am I kidding? I couldn't even sit through Metroid Prime.
ahhh ok yeah I was looking at it backwards. I agree, except for Pikmin. Pikmin will save the universe, basically.

wait wait wait PS3 is going to be the eventual winner because of one game?

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Mike-Resident Evil 4 was one of the few games for the Wii that I loved.

Catfight-There are hardly ANY games for the Wii that are single player. Its a party system...thats what it was, is, and always will be. Nintendo is all about family play and it is 100% clear given the angle of all their advertisements. Brawl was never meant to be competitive and it was designed that way so that "everyone" could have fun.

By the way-I kind of love this song right now.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LAWyvMH_5S4

(disregard the video....its trash.)

Edit Mike-Called you and text you last night.....did you die? Anywho, went with my friend Jess and her friend Kelley (I like the way she spells it.) and yeah, it was a good night. :bee: Got her number and shes probably the most amazing girl I've ever met. For the first time in a while, I think I'm actually excited about something and am going to actually make this a relationship thing as opposed to a one nighter.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Mike-Resident Evil 4 was one of the few games for the Wii that I loved.

Catfight-There are hardly ANY games for the Wii that are single player. Its a party system...thats what it was, is, and always will be. Nintendo is all about family play and it is 100% clear given the angle of all their advertisements. Brawl was never meant to be competitive and it was designed that way so that "everyone" could have fun.

By the way-I kind of love this song right now.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LAWyvMH_5S4

(disregard the video....its trash.)
Way to completely disregard my post. You asked what games have high replay value, and I told you. So...

Now it's onto Wii one player games? Who cares if it's 1 or 2-3-4 players? IDK about you, but I get more enjoyment out of games that more than 1 person can play... But maybe that's just me looking for a competitive outlet in any game with more than 1 player, heh.

Why does a game being single player make it better than a multiplayer game? I don't understand.

Brawl may have not been designed for intense competitive play, but that does not mean it won't turn out to be a competitive game. Why else would we be having so many tournaments for it so often? People wanna play!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
My house currently has no AC. The main floor is 90 degrees. My room, being the hottest in the house, is over 95. I can only sleep because I have a box fan right next to my head blasting at top speed.

Aesir

Smash Master
Brawl may have no been designed for intense competitive play, but that does not mean it won't turn out to be a competitive game. Why else would we be having so many tournaments for it so often? People wanna play!
First rule of competitive gaming no matter how good a prequel is, the newer game will almost always outshine it. Simply because it's new it's fresh regardless if it isn't as good people flock to new when it comes to competitive gaming.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
My house currently has no AC. The main floor is 90 degrees. My room, being the hottest in the house, is over 95. I can only sleep because I have a box fan right next to my head blasting at top speed.
Ugh, I love summer. 90 degree weather is seriously the best. I can finally NGAF about how I should dress outside.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Ouch. Actually, I love the heat too because I can finally wear whatever also, just being shut up in a car that's 90 isn't too fun >_>.

Off to work I go! Toodles (I hate work).

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
window units are pretty cheap these days, I recommend one. My apt (2 br, 3 floors) has 4 installed XD

Ugh, I love summer. 90 degree weather is seriously the best. I can finally NGAF about how I should dress outside.
wtf cold > hot. you can always put on more clothes.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Oh noes, the argument ended before I woke up! I finally broke down and got an AC yesterday. I'm going to die when I go to work later. :(

thumbswayup

Smash Master
window units are pretty cheap these days, I recommend one. My apt (2 br, 3 floors) has 4 installed XD
I have a window right next to my bed. The problem is there are these very annoying bugs that come into my room by the dozen whenever I leave my window open to long. Seriously, they get in sometimes even when it's closed (I have no ****ing clue how). I don't want to wake up one morning and find my chest covered with them.

wtf cold > hot. you can always put on more clothes.
Agreed.

Top Bottom