• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

_V_

Smash Ace
I am fat and ugly...

Woo...hopefully playing with Rickety and WayChuDat tomorrow! Maybe AznLep and Zephyr at some point too.

Lil, PC, and Cort did you guys stay with any of them while in San Diego? They all live in my area :)

Cort

Apple Head
I met Azn Lep a few times, he's a pretty cool guy.

Rickety I hear is overly nice to people and Way seems like a really cool guy too.

You'll fit right in Steve, cept I think you're the only white guy :)

_V_

Smash Ace
:(:( we didn't get to hang out before I left!

Seriously...party when I get back. August 20th I will be back in CT, so sometime after that. CT smasher party + any other people that would want to go :)

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Good tournament guys

1. zoso (zelda/sheik, like a ***got) ($3,000)
2. mike $ (fux) ($1,500)
3. brookman (fox) ($300) <--that sucks
4. swift (lost to zelda with marth)
5. Trade (lost to zelda with sheik)
6. random level ICs (got jv 6'd by swift and beat trademark)
that ICs didnt beat me but it might as well have. one sided crowd johns
Holy crap, Pipe is the man and I miss him. I remember meeting him, it was pretty epic. His Fox is nice.

(unlike ALL of my characters in Melee.)

After thinking about it long and hard I finally figured out whilke I am truly horrible at Melee- - - -
i stopped reading after this since its going to be an obvious john

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Oh my God, I hate the Wii. For so many reasons. The only way they can even begin to make up for all the crap they've given us with this sub-par system is by putting the original Smash Bros. on the Virtual Console.

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Oh my God, I hate the Wii. For so many reasons. The only way they can even begin to make up for all the crap they've given us with this sub-par system is by putting the original Smash Bros. on the Virtual Console.

Yes, I agree....the Wii is a piece of crap.

Aside from Brawl, RE4, and Wii sports, its a waste of $250.00

And yes! I've been wondering the SAME thing myself. Why isnt Smash 64 on the virtual console????? who cares about the rights and all that ****? Buy it Nintendo!!!! You can afford it! You would think that after the success of brawl they would be smart and release it shortly after...but no, Nintendo sucks.

_V_

Smash Ace
I think Wii is fun...I have had more fun playing it with tons of different people than any other system.

It is user friendly and inviting.

Ok, so by this I mean...girls always want to play, but it is still a lot of fun.

I agree though...I don't think I have played any 1 player game since Galaxy...and that was just out of principle.

OH...I play Strikers every once and a while. I enjoy that game :)

Edit//I own and still have yet to play/beat Metroid and Zelda lol

Edit2//There is only 1 Snake on the San Diego Brawl PR's o.O http://community.livejournal.com/sdsmash/

And there last Melee update has a Ganon as number 1...I love this place already :) Ganon is too GOOD!

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I've had a lot of fun with Galaxy, Brawl, and Super Paper Mario, and I STILL need to play No More Heroes, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, and Zack & Wiki. Maybe some day. Plus my Gamecube was acting up. Wii gets a Dazwa seal of approval.

Speaking of Wii, I can't wait for E3. They should be unveiling Kid Icarus Wii considering there's been leaked artwork for the game by Retro (Metroid Prime people).

EDIT: And I'm still waiting for the Earthbound VC release after it got an ESRB rating with "Wii" listed as a console. I've heard there are some legal disputes with some songs in the game as well as the Runaway 5 being blatant ripoffs of the Blues Brothers. =( hurry up nintendo.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I've had a lot of fun with Galaxy, Brawl, and Super Paper Mario, and I STILL need to play No More Heroes, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, and Zack & Wiki. Maybe some day. Plus my Gamecube was acting up. Wii gets a Dazwa seal of approval.

Speaking of Wii, I can't wait for E3. They should be unveiling Kid Icarus Wii considering there's been leaked artwork for the game by Retro (Metroid Prime people).
Aren't all of those games (with the exception of Zack and Wiki) nothing more than glorified Gamecube games? Should you really have to shell out $250 + for a Gamecube with waggle?

The Wii has good games, but I am just so underwhelmed at what they've done with it. Would it kill Nintendo to pour tons of money and resources into a AAA brand-new franchise with mind-blowing graphics (for the Wii, relatively speaking), amazing story and top-notch production values? You know, like how they used to?

And V put it perfectly: people who don't want to play videogames play the Wii. There's nothing wrong with that, but Nintendo seems to have forgotten the people who DO want to play videogames.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Brawl alone was worth the 250 for me. Plus, the whole Gamecube being somewhat broken thing. Plus, I got it as a gift. Here's hoping to something story driven at Nintendo's E3 presentation and not ending it with something like WiiFit again >_>

Brookman

Smash Hero
ZoSo here.

Metroid Prime 3 is really good.

Nothing else on the Wii interests me, hence I still don't have one.

Garrett: Plenty of people still play Melee, but I can understand why you'd want to focus on Brawl.

*resumes ****** Chrono Trigger*

noodles

Smash Champion
it'll be awesome if they add it on wiiware with online play and such, thats what i thought they were gunna do for docter mario

edit/ *after seeing doctor mario

Markstyle

Smash Rookie
Yes, I agree....the Wii is a piece of crap.

Aside from Brawl, RE4, and Wii sports, its a waste of $250.00

And yes! I've been wondering the SAME thing myself. Why isnt Smash 64 on the virtual console????? who cares about the rights and all that ****? Buy it Nintendo!!!! You can afford it! You would think that after the success of brawl they would be smart and release it shortly after...but no, Nintendo sucks.
Agreed, but you could probably add Twilight Princess to the list because it is pretty cool. I have a Wii, but I don't own brawl (probably never will waste the money cuz Alex has it). I got the Wii for Wii sports and the only sports I play are bowling and boxing.

This was the same thing I went through with Gamecube. I own one and the only game that I've ever played longer than one day with it is melee. I loove my smashcube.

PS I must tell you the most hilarious Wii sports story. Alex and I got high and we were bowling, he took a huge swing and the wii-mote went sailing towards the wall and all the snapped on pieces came off, but it still worked. I laughed so hard that I was crying and I think I may have rofl'd for a moment as well. GG Alex

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Seriously, the Wii isn't a freaking waste of money. There's plenty of things to look forward to on the Wii... and they have some great titles/exclusive content out already.

MK Wii
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego SW Complete Saga
FF:CC My Life as a King
My Pokemon Ranch
Dr. Mario Online RX
Brawl
FE10
No More Heroes
RE4
SMGalaxy
Guitar Hero III (For those who are into that game)
Rock Band (Same as above)
LoZ: TP
Okami

Games to look forward to for Wii:
Sonic Unleashed
New Zelda
New Kid Icarus
New Castlevania
Guitar Hero 4
Tales of Symphonia: KoR
Fatal Frame 4
Animal Crossing Wii
New Kirby
Oboro Muramasa Youtouden (Odin Sphere development team **** yes!)

I even read somewhere that the director of SFIV said it's a "maybe" for SFIV to be on the Wii.

If you think Wii is a waste of money then you shouldn't have bought it in the first place...

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Aren't all of those games (with the exception of Zack and Wiki) nothing more than glorified Gamecube games? Should you really have to shell out $250 + for a Gamecube with waggle?

The Wii has good games, but I am just so underwhelmed at what they've done with it. Would it kill Nintendo to pour tons of money and resources into a AAA brand-new franchise with mind-blowing graphics (for the Wii, relatively speaking), amazing story and top-notch production values? You know, like how they used to?

And V put it perfectly: people who don't want to play videogames play the Wii. There's nothing wrong with that, but Nintendo seems to have forgotten the people who DO want to play videogames.
kind of a silly arguement. you can easily say "glorified PS2/1 games" or "glorified Xbox games" with any sequel stuff put out on microsoft or sony's console. point is they are on the wii and only on the wii....so if they're GOOD (as you say) and they're only on Wii...WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
I'm with Daz, the wii has enough good to great games on it that it's definitely worth it.

I would absolutely love a new innovative franchise, though. Or freaking Pikmin 3. plz.

LOL @ terrorist fist bump wtf fox news

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
budai and noodles I added your MK codes
2020-0825-3085

The Wii is a horrible system.
recent numbers say 9.5 million sold in the US alone
20 million worldwide
even if 50% of those people fully believe that their Wii was a waste of money and that it sucks; that's 10 million people who disagree with you
(^^ indirect appeal to the people - argumentative fallacy, yet effective : ]

thumbswayup

Smash Master
budai and noodles I added your MK codes
2020-0825-3085

recent numbers say 9.5 million sold in the US alone
20 million worldwide
even if 50% of those people fully believe that their Wii was a waste of money and that it sucks; that's 10 million people who disagree with you
(^^ indirect appeal to the people - argumentative fallacy, yet effective : ]
Are you going to tell me a movie is good because it has a 50 million opening weekend? And that if 50% of those people who saw it enjoyed it, that makes it a good movie? Because that's exactly the same scenario and I've seen countless awful movies perform outstandingly well at the box office. Sales don't mean a thing, they only increase the chances of a sequel being made. They do not ensure quality.

noodles

Smash Champion
its not ALWAYS laggy, well at least not too bad. unless your playing with anyone. but when you cant go anywhere or have people over its a good choice :D

Brookman

Smash Hero
ZoSo still.

I just remembered Tales of Symphonia 2 is coming out on the Wii.

Still not getting a Wii for it, but I'm definitely looking forward to that one.

I'm kind of with Jam. I feel that Nintendo really has yet to do anything new or interesting with the technology. They have a lot of great titles to their name, but you can only keep doing the same few things with spruced up graphics over and over for so many years. I kind of don't like newer games in general, though.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Are you going to tell me a movie is good because it has a 50 million opening weekend? And that if 50% of those people who saw it enjoyed it, that makes it a good movie? Because that's exactly the same scenario and I've seen countless awful movies perform outstandingly well at the box office. Sales don't mean a thing, they only increase the chances of a sequel being made. They do not ensure quality.
However, good titles ensure quality. And I just mentioned a bunch that are out or are being released for the Wii that no one else seems to think of mentioning/know about.

EDIT: Although, I would like to see some new innovative franchises rather than spin offs like Super Mario Sluggers and the like. It's depressing.

Did you guys know King K. Rool is in that ****? WHERE WAS HE IN BRAWL? >:"O!!!!!!!!!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Seriously, the Wii isn't a freaking waste of money. There's plenty of things to look forward to on the Wii... and they have some great titles/exclusive content out already.

MK Wii
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego SW Complete Saga
FF:CC My Life as a King
My Pokemon Ranch
Dr. Mario Online RX
Brawl
FE10
No More Heroes
RE4
SMGalaxy
Guitar Hero III (For those who are into that game)
Rock Band (Same as above)
LoZ: TP
Okami

Games to look forward to for Wii:
Sonic Unleashed
New Zelda
New Kid Icarus
New Castlevania
Guitar Hero 4
Tales of Symphonia: KoR
Fatal Frame 4
Animal Crossing Wii
New Kirby
Oboro Muramasa Youtouden (Odin Sphere development team **** yes!)

I even read somewhere that the director of SFIV said it's a "maybe" for SFIV to be on the Wii.

If you think Wii is a waste of money then you shouldn't have bought it in the first place...
>.> I would like to add Monster Hunter 3 to the list of WHY I WILL KEEP MY WII.
<_< After seeing Sakurai brutally **** Brawl...I can't say I'm looking forward to Kirby. Also, Sonic unleashed better have a Chao Garden. Thats the only reason I'd even play, I love those little guys!
x_x
-DD

Top Bottom