• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
LOL @ Cort's vid.
>_< Oh, yea, so I'm still really good friends with that girl that turned me down right? Well, we went on what everyone else would call a date today.
<_< She also told me shes going to CTCON.
T-T I think I might try again, only sound more pitiful, at a later date.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> Poffy, why is your avvie a Black Mage, and why aren't you playing MGS?
-DD

ZoSo

Smash Champion
lol @ thinking because I make one silly comment about one song that I don't know who George Benson is/appreciate him.
Then stop talking?

lol @ thinking I know nothing about jazz.
You don't. You're gonna have to trust me on this one.

lol @ thinking we will never see eye to eye on any matter concerning music.
Maybe, but I'm not willing to discuss this particular matter any further.

and finally
lol @ thinking I listen to shit.
Yeah, what do I know? I just listen to elevator music.

I have these kinds of silly debates with my friends all the time and none of us gets this angry...
George Benson is one of my personal heroes, so I get annoyed when pretentious hipsters make ******** comments about him. Maybe if you actually had a valid criticism of his playing or his music, I wouldn't mind.

I can tell you're a guitar snob Dave (not a bad thing in my book necessarily)
What does that even mean?

so maybe we can find some common ground in this: I saw Chet Atkins live. ? Also what kinds of guitars do you have?
Chet Atkins is extremely good and should be acknowledged by more guitarists. My main axe is a Yamaha RGX620Z. I also have a Godin Freeway Classic that I like more than the Yamaha in some ways, a junky $100 strat (I can never decide if I should capitalize "strat" or not) knockoff that is currently minus a bridge pickup, and a Seagull S6+ Cedar that I never play because it needs work and I've been spoiled by the action on my electrics. I use my dad's bass (it's some kind of Ibanez) to record from time to time and I have a baritone ukulele that I can't really find a use for but enjoy having around nonetheless. You play bass, right?

edit: WTF @ at that 64 combo. Holy fucknuggets
Indeed.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Woo!
Also:
I listen to Jazz too!
>_> But like with all other forms of music, I only listen, so you could throw names at me all day and I'd stare blankly into space.
Also;
Lol @ SmarmyPretentious Hipsters. I love that phrase for some reason.
-DD

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Black metal > Jazz.

Infernal hails m8. \mmmmmmmmmm/

...*Ahem*

Trade, wanna Smash sometime during the week? :"D

Otherwise I'm just gonna be playing lunatic story mode in SWR and breaking every computer I bring my ex-hd to. :"|

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
DD-I was at work, school, and basically traveling soooo much today between milford, new haven, north haven, and hamden back and forth.....

Now I will go finish up Metal Gear: Solid...I got to the Tank with Raven in like 10 minutes haha and watched ALL the cinematics.

I think I am going to play Smash tonight with Trade at my place. I realized that i will be able to get through the metal gears in like two days...so i think i can manage some smash time.

First im going through all of the games for the story.....then im going to go through metal gear 2 on Extreme mode to sharpen up on my aim and stealth abilities....not speed.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
It was very intelligent which is more then I can say about Black Metal :D
*EXTENDS FIST FOR POUND.*

I love me some metal and I love me some rock, but Black Metal is just a step in the wrong direction. Bands like Cannibal Corpse and Cradle of Filth just don't do it for me.

Smooth Criminal

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
It was very intelligent which is more then I can say about Black Metal :D
Mmmm, but of course! Intelligence is often the first thing I look for in a band hearing their music for the first time. A dead giveaway is usually glasses, or perhaps they are holding a book whilst playing the organ.

That, and what clothes they wear.

:"D!

*EXTENDS FIST FOR POUND.*

I love me some metal and I love me some rock, but Black Metal is just a step in the wrong direction. Bands like Cannibal Corpse and Cradle of Filth just don't do it for me.

Smooth Criminal
Lol wot... Cannible Corpse isn't Black Metal. Neither is CoF.

Cannibal Corpse is brutal death metal, not black metal.

DUH.
^ This.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Cradle of Filth blowssssssssss
I admit to liking one song from them, and it was an Iron Maiden cover (yet another band I'm not too particularly fond of). "Hallowed Be Thy Name." BEAUTIFUL guitar riffs and epic sound. Though Dani Filth's vocals are as obnoxious as ever, I'm able to actually stomach it (to a point. I'm very patient when it comes to the good bits).

It's kinda like Rammstein. I don't care for their lyrics too much, but they sound hella awesome.

EDIT: REGARDLESS...

...it still sucks. No johns.

Smooth Criminal

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Mmmm, but of course! Intelligence is often the first thing I look for in a band hearing their music for the first time. A dead giveaway is usually glasses, or perhaps they are holding a book whilst playing the organ.

That, and what clothes they wear.
LOL.

I think Dragon Force is the heaviest metal in the known universe.
*facepalm*

Sorry, Steven.

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
I admit to liking one song from them, and it was an Iron Maiden cover (yet another band I'm not too particularly fond of). "Hallowed Be Thy Name." BEAUTIFUL guitar riffs and epic sound. Though Dani Filth's vocals are as obnoxious as ever, I'm able to actually stomach it (to a point. I'm very patient when it comes to the good bits).

It's kinda like Rammstein. I don't care for their lyrics too much, but they sound hella awesome.

Smooth Criminal
I think that cover blowed. Along with the other cover they made, Mr. Crowley.
I thought they just ruined the song.
/hatred/

Top Bottom