• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Khaly

Smash Cadet
stephen did the weirdest combo on me.
it was like, down throw, up smash, forward smash. LOL

then i killed him with a roll later that match. XD

Aesir

Smash Master
Sounds good, but so help me god if I have to sit through one more ep of pure flashbacks...
I think you're done with flash backs nothing but amazing here after, have you found out what happened to Kira yet? (assuming it's after the Athuran Kira encounter)

essentially theres a turning point in the series where it just goes from mediocre to pretty amazing.

Then again any gundam that reminds me of the MSG is just amazing in my mind.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I'm on the ep where Kira wakes up in Lux's home. Also, Asran is alive and Kaguri gives him that necklace. Don't tell me anything by accident, I don't want the best part of this show spoiled. After all, I've sat through 31 eps for it to get this good lol.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
what's the point of great musicianship if the music is not good? that song could be played in the background at J.C. Pennys all day.

*sets up anti zoso flame shield*
Ummm....George Benson rocks a lot and he is a great musician. End.

Anyone want to play on wifi?

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I just went through Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance....That game ***** all.

(heads downstairs to startup Metal Gear: Solid on the PS1)

I decided to play the games to prep for Metal Gear 4: Guns of the Patriots in a weird way....by going back in time starting with the S3 plan of Shadow Moses, (2) The Shadow Moses Incident, and then The Cold War with Big Boss (3)

:) :) I love this game!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Jam, it happens at the end of the first match, about 3 or 4 minutes in.
>_> Its not that bad either, because of the commentary.
And all the crazy ****e that goes down.
-DD

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
The only reason that the pit player won and the peach tripped was because that player felt the urge to move forward and grab them. If they were smart they just could have grabbed pit standing still like they did two times prior. What was the point of moving forward? All he wanted to do was grab Pit.

People need to realize that a trip is likely to happen in a match at least ONCE. Sometimes it happens a good 2-3 times during a 7 min ute match...but not likely. That is just another thing that players have to be aware of this time around. Good players are still doing well in tournaments (Cort, PC, Azen, M2K, OBM, etc) so obviously they can do fine with tripping. This is not aimed at anyone specific but I am sick of people crying about Brawl. Play it....or do not play it. That is all there is to it. Tripping is NOT a big deal. Its just a video game.

I do not see anyone getting pissed off about "broken" shielding, new air dodging, sweet spotting the ledge, etc. Doesn't that affect a players ability to perform well too? I'm sure you can say that....well they may trip MORE or LESS than me. But thats just my very point. Your opponent is in the same boat as you....just as worried about tripping...so there is no advantage or disadvantage. It IS random..but its not like you are the only one in the match who trips.

Yes, I agree that some of Brawl is really horribly done but overall it IS A FUN game.

Thats the whole point to playing games...to HAVE FUN.

Do you know why Smash 64 is a favorite game to people? Because it is FUN. There is NO DI in that game....but do people complain? No. They accept the fact that it is just a fun game. So what if you can Z cancel...it still does not erase the fact that you cant escape 0-death combos.....

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
From what Sliq told me, the Peach player was going to end the combo with a charged forward smash, and the press forward caused the trip.

She could have used the C-stick+Z to avoid that altogether but small tricks like that aren't (and shouldn't) be obvious to a player.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Tripping is NOT a big deal. Its just a video game.
I doubt you've ever played a match with a few hundred (or thousand) dollars on the line, so I'm sure it's just a game to you.

I do not see anyone getting pissed off about "broken" shielding, new air dodging, sweet spotting the ledge, etc. Doesn't that affect a players ability to perform well too?
Are you serious? All of those things are well within the player's control, as opposed to tripping which is a COMPLETELY random factor that can easily cost you a match. It's not the same. Not even close.

Yes, I agree that some of Brawl is really horribly done but overall it IS A FUN game.

Thats the whole point to playing games...to HAVE FUN.

Do you know why Smash 64 is a favorite game to people? Because it is FUN. There is NO DI in that game....but do people complain? No. They accept the fact that it is just a fun game. So what if you can Z cancel...it still does not erase the fact that you cant escape 0-death combos.....
What does this have to do with the rest of the post or the issue at hand?

Aesir

Smash Master
Tripping shouldn't happen at all it really adds nothing. I could really careless what he could have done fact is he got punished for charging a forward smash in a situation he really shouldn't have been punished for. >_>

/rant

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Well, again, he could have avoided tripping by C+Zing the smash attack >_>

EDIT: Actually, does that still work? I forgot if it works in Brawl...

Top Bottom