• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
oh well until they bring him back i still have Sophitia... she also dominates in the realm of @$$ kickage at least with me she does.... and for the record screw Cassandra

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
First of all I'm not a Sunshine hater like a lot of people, I thought it was good, but limited.
If you can't see a difference in the graphics or music I don't know what to say, since there was a clear improvement. As far as gameplay I will take the gravity changes or flying bits over um spraying grafitti off a wall.
And again I really don't care if a game is linear as long as it's GOOD. I mean jeez Mario 3 must suck balls because it's all so left to right linear and look even the stages are in a numbered order LULZ. I don't get it. Even most of the throwaway tiny planets in Galaxy showcase sometimes brilliant design.
And it's not like Galaxy is completely linear...there is a ton of optional and semi secret/hidden stuff that you can do.
I don't understand why you keep addressing Galaxy's graphics and compare them to anything on the cube, because they're almost identical. Graphics should never be a reason for why a game is better than another game especially when you're comparing titles from the gamecube and wii LULZ. Anyway, the music was better, I'll give you that.

Also, I'd take spraying graffiti off a wall, consistently good level design over ridiculously annoying physics, camera angles, and only occasionally good level design with an overall extremely linear design.

And uh >_> @ comparison to Mario 3, a completely different game.

EVERY SINGLE STAR in Galaxy was laid out in front of you. When I first got the game I kept playing until I got all 242 stars, and it took me about 8 or 9 days of playing somewhat generously <_<;. The 2nd 'half' of the game was a disappointment and felt like more of a chore than anything to a completionist.

It seems we're on different pages when it comes to what we look for to determine which games are better, but honestly I feel like I enjoy appreciate games more than you and that you only play them casually or until you beat them, and then they collect dust on the shelf. Atleast, from the perspective of a completionist, Sunshine > Galaxy. Though, both are fun games etc >_>

This reminds me of the Brawl vs Melee debate because to any casual player, Brawl is clearly superior to Melee. But when it comes down to the people that actually PLAY the games, Melee is infinitely superior.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I don't understand why you keep addressing Galaxy's graphics and compare them to anything on the cube, because they're almost identical. Graphics should never be a reason for why a game is better than another game especially when you're comparing titles from the gamecube and wii LULZ. Anyway, the music was better, I'll give you that.
OK replace "Graphics" with "Production or Art Design"... I prefer the art design of Galaxy.
Even so, sheerly from a technical point, Galaxy's graphics ARE better. I really could care less about them too (I only own a wii LOL) and the only reason I'm arguing is because you said they were identical.

Also, I'd take spraying graffiti off a wall, consistently good level design over ridiculously annoying physics, camera angles, and only occasionally good level design with an overall extremely linear design.
I guess we have different tastes then. That's fine.

And uh >_> @ comparison to Mario 3, a completely different game.
The comparison was only there because you harped on Galaxy being "too linear" as a bad thing. Nothing more.

EVERY SINGLE STAR in Galaxy was laid out in front of you. When I first got the game I kept playing until I got all 242 stars, and it took me about 8 or 9 days of playing somewhat generously <_<;. The 2nd 'half' of the game was a disappointment and felt like more of a chore than anything to a completionist.
I actually haven't beat it (or Sunshine) yet. I don't even own Sunshine. Again, sounds like dif strokes for dif folks. But that leads me to:

It seems we're on different pages when it comes to what we look for to determine which games are better, but honestly I feel like I enjoy games more than you and that you only play them casually or until you beat them, and then they collect dust on the shelf. Atleast, from the perspective of a completionist, Sunshine > Galaxy. Though, both are fun games etc >_>
All due respect, you don't know me or my game habits (outside of the fact that I like to go to smash tournaments) slightly well so don't make ***hole assumptions like that. I don't presume to know how much you enjoy playing video games and you don't know that about me either so gtfo with that statement.
I'm somewhat of a completionist too when it comes to games (stemming somewhat unhealthily from my OCD)... but I have too little $$ and too little time to devote to games like most people here. For various reasons (full time job, wife, pets ect ect). The games that I do devote myself too and beat I do so thoroughly and the fact that I've been competitive in smash for like a year and a half has made me analyze games I play even more.

edit: the more I think about it the more I think it's really presumptive and somewhat ignorant to say one enjoys a game more if they are in-depth completionist pros at it, if only because enjoyment of a game is sooooooo subjective.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
then post in the bladebreakers thread asking for one

make sure you check each option and list what you want for that sig

also lol @ "i enjoy games more than you"

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
It was a correct assumption though, m i rite?

It's the exact same thing as saying a tourneyfag enjoys Melee (or maybe even Brawl) more than a casual player because they actually go and play the game rather than mindlessly enjoy themselves for a few hours.

And with all due respect, don't call me an asshole if you're going to incessantly argue with me (as usual) about nothing, especially when I made a valid point that IMO wasn't disrespectful to you in the least.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
To me, the quality and level at which you enjoy games isn't subjective in the least.

And upon further investigation, replace every time I said "enjoy" on this page with "appreciate". Though I would put both of them side by side, apparently some people get touchy. :bee:

At least, how much you appreciate games isn't as subjective as how much you enjoy them.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
It was a correct assumption though, m i rite?

It's the exact same thing as saying a tourneyfag enjoys Melee (or maybe even Brawl) more than a casual player because they actually go and play the game rather than mindlessly enjoy themselves for a few hours.

And with all due respect, don't call me an asshole if you're going to incessantly argue with me (as usual) about nothing, especially when I made a valid point that IMO wasn't disrespectful to you in the least.
What was a correct assumption? The enjoying games thing?

See I don't think a tourney*** NECESSARILY enjoys Melee or Brawl more than a casual player (except when they win money, that's enjoyable lol). Maybe enjoy is the wrong word.... replace it with "appreciate" and I'm ok with that. And just because someone is casual doesn't mean their mindless lol

I wasn't calling you an *******, I was saying that specific statement was assholish. Which I think it was, as I already explained. Even Dazwa LOL'd at it.
Your points are totally valid, I just enjoy good conversation. IMO you are the one who made it personal by telling me what I feel. Not that I'm upset.

I argue with you incessantly? Um I know I probably "argue"/converse with people in this thread more seriously than most but ugh why does that have to be a bad thing. This thread doesn't have to be mindless spam 100% of the time...... and I could probably count the number of times we've argued on one hand. I don't even post that much.

EDIT: WTF LOL @ Paul's edit being what I wrote.

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
I can probably not count the number of times you randomly called me on the 100% factual things I've said using my fingers and toes

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
I think I broke 2.2k in starfox 64 but that was back in elementary school and I am pretty sure I was a lot better at video games back then. =(

I just googled, I dunno how old the score is but it said 2.7k+ for the world record.

I'm gonna come up with my breaker sig today. Remember when everyone went with a Blade Breaker name at that Mass Madness, too good. ^_^

ZoSo

Smash Champion
How much you appreciate something is invariably going to be tied to how much you enjoy it. Nobody's going to take the time to appreciate a game's finer points if they think it's shit.

I'm going to try to host a Melee tourney in the near future. Who would show up?

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
How much you appreciate something is invariably going to be tied to how much you enjoy it. Nobody's going to take the time to appreciate a game's finer points if they think it's shit.

I'm going to try to host a Melee tourney in the near future. Who would show up?
yes please.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I'm gonna start a list where I kill somebody every time they add somebody else to a punch list.

Dazwa is exempt.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I'm not even telling people they're on the list, we'll just be talking casually and the next thing you know you'll be waking up in a hospital a few hours later.

Top Bottom