• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
This is the best pikachu I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7hIYYI9T8k
Thats because you have not played good Pikachus yet. I've played Pikachus that move like this. A good Pikachu will move around while spamming the Neu B and his fair because of how well Pikachu moves in the air with the B attack and the pretty much no lag from the the fair.

Pretty much every character in Brawl can be good.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I enjoyed Sunshine more than Galaxy and the graphics (lol wii graphics?)/gameplay/music were the exact same to me. The design of the game was much better and wtf is "everything else"? Galaxy starts off slow as a snail, you get like 3 stars in the first 2 hours.

The rest of the game is extremely linear compared to Sunshine, thus completing it felt more like a boring chore than the regular adventure/platformer marios.

Galaxy wasn't that good. A handful of the levels were fun as expected, but Sunshine was still a better game overall, at least for someone trying to experience everything both games had to offer.
First of all I'm not a Sunshine hater like a lot of people, I thought it was good, but limited.
If you can't see a difference in the graphics or music I don't know what to say, since there was a clear improvement. As far as gameplay I will take the gravity changes or flying bits over um spraying grafitti off a wall.
And again I really don't care if a game is linear as long as it's GOOD. I mean jeez Mario 3 must suck balls because it's all so left to right linear and look even the stages are in a numbered order LULZ. I don't get it. Even most of the throwaway tiny planets in Galaxy showcase sometimes brilliant design.
And it's not like Galaxy is completely linear...there is a ton of optional and semi secret/hidden stuff that you can do.

Type one magic the gathering qkq vintage. all cards are legal except 3 and the gametype is purely metagamed
what's banned? I'm totally vintage magic... I used to play that game constantly from like 1994-1999.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
papito, have you ever played yu gi oh?
lol, no ive never played those type of card games, but like i said a bunch of my friends play yu-gi-oh and magic all the time you should play them.

My fox/falco moonwalks are pretty sweet yo
i know i saw, we should play again playing you that day made me go home and start playing the game with my brother more.
I'm gonna go to Hawaii with PC and Kip for a week

for a Brawl/Melee tourny

which one of you noobs wants to come too? :D
ill go i gots mad money.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Pretty much every character in Brawl can be good.
meh, more like every character can be good, but some are still better than other. snake and metaknight for example, you tier ***** :mad:
what's banned? I'm totally vintage magic... I used to play that game constantly from like 1994-1999.
the "ante" cards are banned. chaos orb, falling star, etc

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Resident Evil 5
Metal Gear Solid 4
Soul Calibur IV
Cross Edge
Tatsunoko vs Capcom

*whine* I need PS3. :"{

Luckily my bday is relatively soon. :"D

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
First of all I'm not a Sunshine hater like a lot of people, I thought it was good, but limited.
If you can't see a difference in the graphics or music I don't know what to say, since there was a clear improvement. As far as gameplay I will take the gravity changes or flying bits over um spraying grafitti off a wall.
And again I really don't care if a game is linear as long as it's GOOD. I mean jeez Mario 3 must suck balls because it's all so left to right linear and look even the stages are in a numbered order LULZ. I don't get it. Even most of the throwaway tiny planets in Galaxy showcase sometimes brilliant design.
And it's not like Galaxy is completely linear...there is a ton of optional and semi secret/hidden stuff that you can do.

Banned

Any ante card
Chaos Orb
Falling Star
Shahrazad

One per deck.

Ancestral Recall
Balance
Black Lotus
Burning Wish
Channel
Chrome Mox
Crop RotationDemonic Consultation
Demonic Tutor
Dream Halls
Enlightened Tutor
Entomb
Fact or Fiction
Fastbond
Frantic Search
Gifts Ungiven
Grim Monolith
Imperial Seal
Library of Alexandria
Lion’s Eye Diamond
Lotus Petal
Mana Crypt
Mana Vault
Memory Jar
Mind’s Desire
Mox Diamond
Mox Emerald
Mox Jet
Mox Pearl
Mox Ruby
Mox Sapphire
Mystical Tutor
Necropotence
Personal Tutor
Regrowth
Sol Ring
Strip Mine
Time Spiral
Time Walk
Timetwister
Tinker
Tolarian Academy
Trinisphere
Vampiric Tutor
Wheel of Fortune
Windfall
Yawgmoth’s Bargain
Yawgmoth’s Will

correct me if i missed one.

Trademark, we should have a vintage MM for like $20.00 or more at a tourney we're both at.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
LOL Chaos Orb. I think I sold mine a while ago... I remember playing friendlies with it in a deck once or twice.
Remember that joke expansion? I totally forget the name but playing friendlies with those was fun too.

Edit: I think at one point or another I had most of those cards.... I know my step brother had all of them. He got into magic and spent his trust fund on like every card ever. I touched his black lotus once lol.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Tales of Symphonia has gotten very little love since being mentioned a few pages ago.

Also, playing Wario makes me feel like I could almost maybe not hate Brawl kind of.
First statement is true. ToS has the best RPG battle system ever. Second statement makes me happy. Zoso + Wario = good times.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
First statement is true. ToS has the best RPG battle system ever
I'd like to say that its close, but its broken with two or more players. And @ times I felt that 4 chars on screen was a bit much, but it was a VERY GOOD system and its the best I've seen in a while. I dont know why ppl compared its system to Star Ocean : Till the End of Time. That system had MAD flaws(but I did enjoy the story a bit more than ToS :p............ Im still a fan of the timed turn based such as FFX-2 and FF7 .

Aesir

Smash Master
SC4 is going to suck hard.

I say this because they've been following a trend for a while now.

sc1 amazing, sc2 pretty epic but not as epic as 1, sc3 LOL ru serius?

The trend is they get worse and worse with every game, so sc4 will probably be an abomination LOL.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
First statement is true. ToS has the best RPG battle system ever. Second statement makes me happy. Zoso + Wario = good times.
i think this is untrue (about the battle system) however now that i think about it i've never actually beaten ToS but i did love what i did play of it.... i should go buy it, today... actually i think i will, and whats this i hear about a tales game for the wii, i thought the only tales game was going to the xbox 360 Tales of Vesperia

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
post doubled

The trend is they get worse and worse with every game, so sc4 will probably be an abomination LOL.
well seeing as how they are using pretty much the same engine as in 3.. you logic seems to pan out... plus were do vader and yoda fit into the sc world they make absolutely no sense in that game..

Papito

Smash Journeyman

ive played all 3 alot and i really like the 3rd one if you get into it and learn everything you can become pretty nasty at it

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I agree with the sc4 statements of going to suck

I agree with any ToS saying it rocls

I should also point out that LoL is nasty and a half (legend of legaia, ps1 baby) and ties for my favorite rpg

Chun Li didt really get fixed imo

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Oh God my son just un-paused my game of Starfox 64 and got me killed. I was going for a score of 427 on Area 6. SIGH

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master

You never know, they might surprise us :)

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&

True.....beyond true.

Soul calibur III was funny....it was so bad it made me laugh.

I rented it for free because i used to work at Tommy K's in Hamden and god was I happy I did not pay a dime for it.

Cat Fight-Two things:

A-Link me to the Barrons Comic Book tourney this saturday so i dont have to look for it

B-Get a PS3 so I can **** you online in games and such. :)

Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns Of The Patriots will **** all next gen video games. Every single Metal Gear has been Solid (See what I did therE? :) ) and it is said to be the biggest size capacity game made thus far for the ps3. I wonder if Snake will be able to Mortar Slide in it? hmmm

I own every single Metal Gear ever made and have gotten every single cheat, dog tag, hidden codec cal, and basically everything out of every game on every difficulty. Even beat MGS2S on Euro Extreme. :) Im a HUGE Metal Gear fan.

Trademark-I was originally a Falco and Marth main in Brawl.

I literally use pretty much everyone in brawl and am quite good with them minus like Pit, DDD, Wario, Lucario, and Zamus.

noodles

Smash Champion
link was definatly the funnest character to use in that game

edit/ holy **** yess i wanna play that game (mgs4)

noodles

Smash Champion
yea and switching bomb to arrows allowed mindgames

for pof-http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165724

Top Bottom