• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Yeah, words can't begin to express what an enormous disappointment the Wii has been for me.

I knew from square one that Brawl would be the only TRUE solid game for the Wii.

Mario Galaxy=Mario 64 with Wiimote
Twilight Princess=Ocarina of Time with Wiimote
Mario Kart Wii? We all know it does not even compare to N64, GBA, DS, or SNES versions.
5 dollars for a nes game on virtual console?
10 dollars for an N64 game on virtual console?

Nintendo has gone sooooooooo downhill ever since the Gamecube came out.

The Wii will end up exactly like the gamecube....making like 3-5 good games and thats it

Gamecube good games

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Melee (Duh)
Mario Party 4 (Sooooo good with multiple peeps)
Mario Golf (one of the most fun golf games ever)
Rogu Squadron II or III (forgot which one was good, not the one where you walk around....)
Star wars jedi outkast

and thats about it.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
idk, u hopped on brawls wagon pretty hard.... :) cheap shot
Initially....yes. But not so much anymore. I like to play Melee more than Brawl but people generally are playing that now....at least in a public setting. Like all my friends who are not into the competitive scene dont want to play melee anymore.

So I just **** them all day....they usually want to stop playing in like 10 minutes. :laugh:

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
ewww 8pm Why?
work johns

alex- your 1337th post is coming up.

make it the epics.
kay

yeah people are still here
so far it's awsmsean, zoso, darc, milktea, sexy, DD, papito, 2 of papito's friends, and I, Axel

word son.
and we all have to leave around 9 or so
:/
not my post

yeah he said 8 LOL
whoops
not my post

alex, mark, and others, we need to play magic again and soon. i'm a fuxin fiend right now. reading up on the new meta game is giving me an e-rection. stax and chalice are two words that give me chills
that's hot. we will. post links to those cards?

I started playing yu gi oh again

I'm so fxcking good at it.
MM papito's friend alex?

>_> Uhh...wouldn't it just have like...more minerals in the plant?
You know, like, minerals you don't want to inhale...
._. Like Sulfur.

=D Good times @ Al0x's!
^-^ Great to get to know you better Lil/Darc/Zoso, and thanks for including me in on those team matches.
WE REQUIRE MORE MINERALS
yes, it's always good times at my house, people should notice.

what the **** is this talk that jake will beat papito? Ill tell you what ill fruckin beat him.
dayyyyyuuum

aw =(

Find a church they're usually pretty alright with those kind of things.
fo reeelz?

Yeah, words can't begin to express what an enormous disappointment the Wii has been for me.
well, i sure hope our matches aren't included in that dissappointment ;'(

good morning ct thread. thanks for coming last night people, wish you could have stayed longer, my sorrys, but i needed to sleep so i could be up right now ^.^, we'll do it again sometime on like a friday, so people can stay till sunday night, ja?

much love to all who attended, and anti-love @ khaly for saying he was gunna show and not ;D

off to my second day of work ^.^, laterz

edit:
updated punch list

trademark - 2(TP), 5
spawn - 1
dazwa - 2
poffy - 2, 1(TP)
laijin - 1
mike - 2(TP), 5
paul - 2(TP), 6
lil - 2
khaly - 1
DD - 1
jam - 3
-nana- - 9, 1(TP)
Moondoggie - 1
Mark - 1
noodles - 1
memphischains - 1
fluxwolf - 1
plank - 1
cogsmooch - 1
arod - 1
KevinM - 1

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
i'm gonna make a punch list punching people for every multiquote used

starting since forever

silas - 1 billion

trademark0013

Smash Champion
that's hot. we will. post links to those cards?
stax + crucible of worlds:
annoying yet beatable deck. kinda dead in the metagame now tho, so i'm not as nervous about playing it
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/Smokestack.jpg
http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardscans/MAG5DA/crucible_of_worlds.jpg

leyline of the void:
destroys most decks in t1 cuz most are GY heavy and barely any destroy enchantments. *shivers*
http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardscans/MAGGUI/leyline_of_the_void.jpg

i'm about to test out Hulk Flash right now, a new deck in the metagame. seems nice

thumbswayup

Smash Master
C3 was quite a suprise. m2k showed up and took first in singles and in teams with velocity. jesus christ he's picked up metaknight now too, just like everyone else. **** brawl, my teammate and I won one match in the set against m2k and velocity, but they ***** us the next two. The last match ended with me against both of them 2 on 1 and they killed me in the most insane way ever. Velocity was using G&W, so m2k up b'd me into velocity's level nine hammer. Yeah, I died at 30 percent.

M2k's metaknight is the gayest thing I've ever seen. He'll stand on one side of the stage in teams and spam d tilt, d smash, and forward smash so approaching him is **** near impossible. Oh, and don't even think about edgeguarding him, he uses up b quicker than any other metaknight. The moment he's off the stage and you even try to come close he up b's.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Gamecube good games

Melee (Duh)
Mario Party 4 (Sooooo good with multiple peeps)
Mario Golf (one of the most fun golf games ever)
Rogu Squadron II or III (forgot which one was good, not the one where you walk around....)
Star wars jedi outkast

and thats about it.
you need to play more good gamecube games.

also mario galaxy >> 64.

first post in like 4 days lol hi.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
The gamecube was a far superior system to the wii and that's the sad truth. I can name a dozen games deemed excellent by the general consensus:

Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Melee
Windwaker
Metroid Prime
Soul Caliber 2
Resident Evil 4
Eternal Darkness
Tales of Symphonia
Ikaruga
Super Mario Sunshine

That's 12, I can name a few more I just have to remember them.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
The gamecube was a far superior system to the wii and that's the sad truth. I can name a dozen games deemed excellent by the general consensus:

Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Melee
Windwaker
Metroid Prime
Soul Caliber 2
Resident Evil 4
Eternal Darkness
Tales of Symphonia
Ikaruga

That's 11, I can name a few more I just have to remember them.
The bold.

Also, Sunshine was good.
The Nintendo FF was ok
Viewtiful Joe
Paper Mario
Prime 2 also
All the REs, just not 4

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Melee
Windwaker
Metroid Prime
Soul Caliber 2
Resident Evil 4
Eternal Darkness
Tales of Symphonia
Ikaruga
Super Mario Sunshine

That's 12, I can name a few more I just have to remember them.
most of those came out years after the system was released, such as RE4, pikmin 2, windwaker, and more. the wii hasn't even been out for 2 years and is already getting some nice titles such as
Metroid Prime 3
Twilight Princess
Wario Ware Smooth Moves
Brawl
Mario Galaxy
and a lot more than im too lazy to think of right now

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Ummm...I think that gamecube sucked. I thought pikmin was kinda lame Windwaker was ok but nothing great especially for a Zelda game. Resident Evil isn't nintendo at all it's play station they just re-did them on it. It's one true claim is Melee which is obviously phenomenal. There's no way anyone would really stick up for GC that much if it didn't have melee. I like the wii plenty and also the fact that you can get classic games on the system makes it even better.

Oh yea good wii games:

Wii Sports
Twilight Princess
Fire Emblem
Wario Ware
Ultimate Alliance
Spiderman 3 was ok
Mario Galaxy
Brawl
No More Heroes
Super Paper Mario also ok
Prime 3

in two years? That's a lot of good titles.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
resident evil 4 was originally made for cube and no other systems. because capcom wanted more money they eventually ported it to ps2, but the cube version is universally agreed to be the better version

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
it would have to be in my homecourt, dont underestimate me

sorry i didnt mean to offend your boyfriend

you could get it too if you want excuse boy (cough) dyck rider (cough)
I know this is pretty late in this argument but...

You're a little too cocky dude. Sorry but I'm willing to bet Jake will beat you pretty bad. He's ranked high and places very well at tournaments plus I've seen him play and he's quite good. Not to say you have no chance but I wouldn't go around talking **** and insulting people when the odds are way against you.

Don't get your hopes up.

There's no such thing as a "home court."

Papito

Smash Journeyman
I started playing yu gi oh again

I'm so fxcking good at it.
you should play my friends they play alot.

what the **** is this talk that jake will beat papito? Ill tell you what ill fruckin beat him.
im pretty sure you can

Home court? Why not just have the match at the tourney in Wallingford? It's June 7th; not too far away.
i dont really go to esticle just to give up 30 dollars when i know there are people there that dedicate thier lives to smash. i could use the money for more important **** like gas or, goin on a date.

Home court?

Sorry Papito, that was stupid. Theres no advantage to playing on any television unless you are used to playing on Widescreen high def TV's...thats all. Do the match this week at Barrons Comic Bookstore (milford) or June 7th at the next Esticle.

I'm not a "D-i-c-k" Rider; I pay for my gas, groceries, insurance, and other things and just happened to be busy that day and forgot that my father had bought tickets for Stone Temple Pilots for my brother, my cousin, and myself. I was not willing to go play video games with you on a nice sunny day and waste a good 8-10 bucks probably on gas. I'm saying that Jake can beat you because he has been performing well. I might have not said that if I knew ANY of your tourney experience. Don't make me out to be the bad guy or some form of jerk, because although I may come off as it on the boards, i am not. And besides, Jake and I used to be on bad terms, what makes you think I'm playing "follow the leader" ? If anything, I'm the last person on here to be a bandwagoner.
if i remember correctly i told you i was giving you gas money to come down, but its not a big deal if you had something to do then you had something to do i understand. i dont think your a jerk i know your a good guy i was just tryin to mess with your head, see if i get you to come thru lol. and the whole excuses thing isnt just from that day its from other times too. and homecourt advantage isnt stupid i feel the most comfortable playing at my house especially for money, besides fruck that he challenged me, he should come play me.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
I know this is pretty late in this argument but...

You're a little too cocky dude. Sorry but I'm willing to bet Jake will beat you pretty bad. He's ranked high and places very well at tournaments plus I've seen him play and he's quite good. Not to say you have no chance but I wouldn't go around talking **** and insulting people when the odds are way against you.

Don't get your hopes up.

There's no such thing as a "home court."

whats wrong with beleiving in my self and, how is telling him not to underestimate me talking **** you know what you could get it too lol come down with him.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Wario Ware is mad fun and you know it.

Talking **** is calling Cort Jake's Boyfriend and telling people they can "get it" if they come to your house. I'll gladly play you at esticle if you go to that but I work 5 days a week and have bills to pay so I don't really feel like going out of my way to play you at your house @ 4.19 a gallon. Go to a tournament.

I agree with memphis this is mad stupid haha.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
people, do you not see the advantages that Wamu offers?
IS BRAWL BLINDING YOU ALL TO THE LIGHT?!

NO!!! **** YOU BRAWL!
where is melee when you need it

Top Bottom