• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
I think that just goes about proving it to be more than irrefutable fact, also hilarious
present your rational, since this isn't the "ness/lucas" thread, and you can't just say "THIS, PERIOD" here =P

great video bernard LOL

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Uhm just because it's mostly safe doesn't excuse it... and about a thousand other reasons...

I'm not against it, I just find it hilarious when stoners try to justify it using "it's from the earth" bull**** lol

edit: . . . @ papito

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
reasons cog? =D, i can't say i agree with the "if it's natural it's ok" idea, cause there are unnatural things that are bad for you =O, but, i don't see ANY harm in pot, whatsoever. but please post reasons if you don't mind, as this would be an interesting topic for SMASHBOARDS. er, POTBOARDS YEAHUZ

edit: to clarify, the QFT was @ alcohol being bad XD

edit2: cog what's your aim? =D

Papito

Smash Journeyman
weed doesnt do anything bad to your body. thats just **** the government makes up to scare you into not smoking as your growing up. the only thing i can think of is probably people with asthma from the rolling paper, or dutch leaf. for them i recommend a vaporizer wich gives you the most natural high very nice

Papito

Smash Journeyman
wow! lol thats the same exact one my friend has!

yo it works bangin and the stickier the trees the longer it lasts, and like i said its the healthiest way to get high.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
ahah, this was a recommendation from one of my more...experienced friends XD, so great stoners think alike maybe. but good to hear. most likely i'll just be hittin the purple out of the hookah for teh huge parteeeeez tho. i only have one coal left tho >.<

edit: but i do have a brand new unopened pack of grape shesha(sp?) :D. ps. anyone know where to find hookah coals? or where i can find functional ones, at least?

Brookman

Smash Hero
reasons cog? =D, i can't say i agree with the "if it's natural it's ok" idea, cause there are unnatural things that are bad for you =O, but, i don't see ANY harm in pot, whatsoever. but please post reasons if you don't mind, as this would be an interesting topic for SMASHBOARDS. er, POTBOARDS YEAHUZ

OWWW my lungs

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master

my aim's Floryn2 but I'm NEVER EVER on...

cannabis smoke contains more toxins than cigarette smoke. (like A LOT more)
imparements with cognitive functions, memory, attention, risk of emphysema, ect ect.
Plus there's my friend's brother Josh. Josh smoked A LOT of weed and he turned into a frucking ****** because of it. He was obsessed with it and it made him want to do nothing more than sit in his room and smoke up.
Weed is for hippies.
Weed lessens your inhibitions, thus you are more likely to 1) have sex with an STD machine of a girl, 2) drive your car into a river 3) think jumping off the roof is a good idea
You buy weed from people who buy weed from people who buy weed from REALLY BAD people. Usually.

No more bringing up alcohol or cigarettes...they have nothing to do with the nature of weed, except how it relates to its legal status and cultural taboo-ness.

I don't buy the gateway drug argument.

I have smoked up before and will probably do it again albeit like 3 more times in my entire life probably.

thats just **** the government makes up to scare you into not smoking as your growing up.
they thought it up at Area 51 too

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Cog just summarized some of the points from the sites I linked to. On top of that, there is an increased risk for throat and lung cancer, just like smoking cigarettes or other tobacco products.

You're inhaling chemical-filled smoke down your throat and into your lungs, and certain chemicals then move into your brain and alter your mental status. There's no way you can say it's not harmful at all just using that little concept. Studies have also shown that it can be addictive.

I'll admit that it's almost harmless if you use it very sparsely, and it's probably much better with those crazy filter things you guys are talking about. Though if you do it regularly, then you should know what you're getting into.

No offense to those of you who smoke. I've heard both sides of the arguments. Right now I'm siding with medical research (partially because my girlfriend just finished nursing school and has told me what she's learned). Also, most of the "weed isn't bad for you nor addictive" arguments have come from people who smoke and it's "what they've heard" or it's their opinion, with no real evidence to back it up. This might not be where you guys are coming from, but at the moment that's what it sounds like.

BUM163

Smash Lord
Every wednesday and thursday is training grounds at web2zone. from melee to brawl, to tekken 5 to street fighter, come to play and train with other players. Fridays are brawl weeklys which every week has been 40 plus. You have any questions pm me here or hit me up on aim which is oni163.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Have the weeklies gotten any better? A couple friends of mine went to a few weeklies and said they sucked.

What time is "training grounds"? And does it cost anything?

Aesir

Smash Master
Alcohol isn't a drug

LOL
Really? pretty sure it is, since a drug is categorized as a substance that alters normal bodily functions. Alcohol does this when enough is consumed. Furthermore alcohol also carries the dependency risk many other drugs share.

How is it not? now who's being blind one.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I think that pot is acceptable if you do it every now and then. Seriously, sometimes its just nice to feel stupid, useless, laugh a lot, and have a good time. In some countries Marijuana is actually prescribed as medicine. Some cancer patients use it I believe not 100% sure.....I think that alcohol is a lot more dangerous to get addicted to. It can tear families apart, increase violence, a high cause for car accidents, can kill you if your level of intake is too high, etc.

I also strongly believe that smoking weed more than lets say two times a week....is ****ing stupid of you. There is no doubt about it. Two people that I know personally have either A-had near death experience due to drugs or B-Died from ODing with drugs.

My friend Ryan who I attended Middle School with...died on March 11th of this year due to an overdose of heroin. He was with some friends....did some drugs...and his so called "friends" let him to die and did not have the right state of mind to take him to a hospital. It was rumored that they purposely left him there to die and that they did not care.

My brother was living in Texas for two years and prior to this...he only really did weed and cigs...no big deal, right? When he went to Texas and realized that weed was no longer soothing his appetite for his "high" he and his girlfriend decided to to heroin. I was really ****ing pissed off and upset with him at first...

but if you think about it for a sec. If you constantly do a particular drug (doesnt matter what it is) you are going to want more.....sooner or later. You may start out smoking once a week....then 3 times a week....then 7 times....etc etc..After a while that drug does not do it for you and you need MORE. Thats exactly what happened to my brother. He started off by just smoking weed and cigs...and then it grew.

You know we all say as children that "I'll NEVER do this in my whole life!" or "I'm not having sex until im married" (Girls say that one haha) or "cigs are gayyyy" and guess what? As we get older we tend to be broken down and give things more of a chance whether it be to peer pressure or interest.

I find that people who emphasize their lives on drugs and try so many different ways of smoking or dong those drugs are just funny....you are wasting your potential to do something else that is actually...constructive. Once again, I support smoking weed every now and then....its fun sometimes...but making a habit out of it is just sad.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Drugs can be pretty constructive too, Im pretty sure some of the best Music, Art and other things have been created while under the influence of something LOL.
Not that i really support drugs or anything (cept alcohol) i just feel like playing devil's advocate LOL

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
vid please?
I can't seem to find the original vid I saw for the fight, but I did find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SePmkhBKPiw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkyssTEWlHc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U87Gc_tZGCM

I definitely remember the character combination being Level 1 Crono/Level 16 Robo/Level 4 Marle so this guy has a similar vid anyways.

Also, live action Death Note movie screening all around the country soon: http://www.fathomevents.com/details.aspx?eventid=719
The live action movies are surprisingly
really good

Laijin

Smash Hero
I think that pot is acceptable if you do it every now and then. Seriously, sometimes its just nice to feel stupid, useless, laugh a lot, and have a good time. In some countries Marijuana is actually prescribed as medicine. Some cancer patients use it I believe not 100% sure.....I think that alcohol is a lot more dangerous to get addicted to. It can tear families apart, increase violence, a high cause for car accidents, can kill you if your level of intake is too high, etc.

I also strongly believe that smoking weed more than lets say two times a week....is ****ing stupid of you. There is no doubt about it. Two people that I know personally have either A-had near death experience due to drugs or B-Died from ODing with drugs.

My friend Ryan who I attended Middle School with...died on March 11th of this year due to an overdose of heroin. He was with some friends....did some drugs...and his so called "friends" let him to die and did not have the right state of mind to take him to a hospital. It was rumored that they purposely left him there to die and that they did not care.

My brother was living in Texas for two years and prior to this...he only really did weed and cigs...no big deal, right? When he went to Texas and realized that weed was no longer soothing his appetite for his "high" he and his girlfriend decided to to heroin. I was really ****ing pissed off and upset with him at first...

but if you think about it for a sec. If you constantly do a particular drug (doesnt matter what it is) you are going to want more.....sooner or later. You may start out smoking once a week....then 3 times a week....then 7 times....etc etc..After a while that drug does not do it for you and you need MORE. Thats exactly what happened to my brother. He started off by just smoking weed and cigs...and then it grew.

You know we all say as children that "I'll NEVER do this in my whole life!" or "I'm not having sex until im married" (Girls say that one haha) or "cigs are gayyyy" and guess what? As we get older we tend to be broken down and give things more of a chance whether it be to peer pressure or interest.

I find that people who emphasize their lives on drugs and try so many different ways of smoking or dong those drugs are just funny....you are wasting your potential to do something else that is actually...constructive. Once again, I support smoking weed every now and then....its fun sometimes...but making a habit out of it is just sad.
Honestly.
From my personal life experience.
Black people(and hispanics) don't really do anything beyond weed ever since anything else costs a **** ton of money. This is true because they are the ones who are usualyl without a lot of money. And even still, because of lack of money..they normally just don't do any other drugs. lol.
It is usually the people who have money who buy heroin and coke and all that expensive **** and those who hang out with people who like to "experiement". And those people usually have money too.

Top Bottom