• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Cort

Apple Head
I played Brawl for like 6 hours straight last night. Here are some guidelines:

If you played Melee competitively, you're going to not like Brawl at all at first. It's probably going to get boring after a few matches and you'll find yourself fearing for your life.

After a while of tinkering around with a good, not random feeling character, you'll like it a lot more. Lots more. The gameplay is NOT COMPARABLE to Melee's, except for maybe how good and gay Marth still is, but that's it.

Toon Link is really good and fun and he can Ken Combo. His dair is a meteor cancellable spike and his bair is linkable (and can lead to dair). All of his aerials are great, he has great tilts and shnoz too. Recovery is really good horizontally/vertically and with the sweet spotting system it's really hard to edge gaurd him. REALLY easy to camp with, my favorite character right now. I still have problems with Chris' Marth which can be really gay and stuff sometimes.

Most characters are really good and worth playing, as of right now anyway. I don't like Peach, she seems too nerfed (lol?) and can't really kill for ****. However there are a few characters that really stand out (Metaknight, Marth, Toon Link, ZSS (holy shnoz range and stuff with her smashes/over b/stunning gun.. really fun to play), ROB seems really good too, but I only played him like twice. DDD is really good too with his dair CG on every character that doesnt fall over from it, his tilts are amazing, aerials out of shield and his recovery is ******** and really hard to get used to. I really liked playing Snake just cause of all his explosives and setting mines and traps and stuff, all of his moves generally kill.

The game is really fun, after like 5 hours of FFAing and teaming, I played 1v1 with Chris and the game really came to life for me. It's fun, and I can see it becoming competitive I guess. Tripping is random and annoying as hell.

More later.

Cort

Apple Head
I Love Smashboards Times This Many

[------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Marth is god, that is why he is still really good. His Final Smash is also the best in the game. Peach sucks now because well, shes a stupid character. Alright, i'll just friggin go to Mikes....i'll give him a call..and then I MIGHT stop at your house for a little bit tonight Silas depending on what time it is, cool?

Did you get the Freeloader and patch the game Cort? I was thinking about doing that but didnt want to spend the 100+ dollars to play it a couple of days early...not worth it...i can wait...I find the ISO like 3 weeks ago but just never cared that much.

Khaly-I'll bring my DS but you need to purchase a couple of things first before you can DREAM of hacking the system and YES! brain age is the shiznit...that and Big Brain Academy own souls....

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
k so.

when i go to alex's i'm brining in the groove with 2 boot leg arse pads.
gamecube+game
myself.

The EB tourney is at EB Games at Buckland Hills Mall, Manchester, CT.
=D

and...
umm
yeah :D

I hope today will end up being good.
I had a really ****ty morning/afternoon
:[
but I hope I have a good smash day.
:D

Chubs

Smash Rookie
Papito it is true, the stores already have brawl, but they can't sell it to customers. DAMMIT! It was right across the counter...so close...yet so far.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Rawr.
I can't believe I had to leave Mike's before anyone got there T_T...
=( Ah well. I'll deal/be there next time.
<.< Good stuff at Alex's though, and I want the vids up soon. The good ones. Leave out those smarmy "4 Stock" ones. They suck.
v.v Everyone is at Mike's tho...
;o I beat his Mario
once
! Yea!

Lesson of the Day:
o_o My Mewtwo was actually better than all my other characters...except against Marths.
=/ Probably cause I put so much time into it, eh?

-DD

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Congrats KoreanDJ on winning the MA Brawl Tournament.

Sheik is top tier and KDJ is the best Brawl player in the world.

My friends and I were supposed to be in separate bracket groups, but they wrote my name down in the wrong place and had to play my friend who's about even skill level as me. He got me in sudden death. Then he went on to win 4th place ($50 BB gift card), which was awesome. Another one of my friends here got 3rd place ($100 BB gift card). Comp from NYC (Deadly Alliance crew) came in 2nd.

This **** today was so fun, really glad it happened to be at my school and I didn't mind being knocked out so early.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Nice Budai! Since it was 18+, I figured going up this weekend wouldn't be worth it, so I'll come up later this year :p.

Congrats KoreanDJ on winning the MA Brawl Tournament.

Sheik is top tier and KDJ is the best Brawl player in the world.
Meh, thats speculative, since there are 2 other people who got 1st place, and that No-Name Kirby who beat up Ken(That was true, right?).
>.> Hes just top 4 right now.

-DD

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Nice Budai! Since it was 18+, I figured going up this weekend wouldn't be worth it, so I'll come up later this year :p.

Meh, thats speculative, since there are 2 other people who got 1st place, and that No-Name Kirby who beat up Ken(That was true, right?).
>.> Hes just top 4 right now.

-DD
I know I can't definitively say that he's the best right now, but just after seeing him play Brawl in front of me I can say he is Godly. It was often the same way watching him play Melee (or Guitar Hero, for that matter, hah).

You have 4 options to come visit WPI. The only weekends I have free until school's out are March 22, 29, April 5, 12. Chances are I'll end up being busy on either the 29th or the 5th as well, so your best bet would be March 22 or April 12.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Also, tanks for teh good tymes Brookmanz. I had fun playing some new faces today and some old. JV good ****e brotha...team 50 ftw! Alex, thanks for having me over earlier as well, good ****. I had to leave though, I just can't smash for more than eleven hours at a time lol, johns.

good **** KDJ

Cort

Apple Head
lol @ Prince's posts

I played on a friends modded wii.

I didn't enjoy playing Olimar because his moveset is completely unfamiliar and random feeling, and I didn't take the time to understand the different Pikmin and what exactly they do. He was really good though, I just threw lots of **** <_< But I can definitely tell he's good

In other news, PC, Darc and myself won LOBSTER. I don't know why we're playing out the finals right now at 1 am... Spawn 2-0d Skler after some coaching from me =D

Hope everyone else had fun today.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Yeah, good times at Brookmans tonight guys. It was nice to meet Zoso, Axel, Khaly, KevinM, awsmsean, and Mark.

Was also good to get actual ****ing names as opposed to "hey im prince of fire man...how are you?" it tends to sound kind of lame.

We'll be in touch im going to friggin sleep now later guys5 gay work tomorrow at 10 ahh!

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
DD, vids will be up when i feel like doing them =D

Poffy, nice meeting you, your marth is interesting

erci, still can't beat your marth ;(, great matches tho man, lots of fun

it was great seeing you and gabriel jam! love that kid ^.^

all the rest of the people, you were at mikes house! yay! =D

good times people, gunna drive the EH kids home now tho ;x. ciao

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
Dear Mr. Brookman,

I believe I left my hoody and my controller at your house.
It's a gray Split hoody. And my controller is black, and there's writing on it, and the D-Pad is kinda orange-y, and there's a orange circle around the C-Stick.
If you can, next time you go to Alex's bring it over there, and I'll love you forever, even though I already do.

Love,
Stephen/Axel

PS. Arrange more of these smash meet ups.
kthnx

Top Bottom