• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I didnt do the chores.

If I go it'll mostly be to chill with Jake. So, count me out for the rankfest... and if anyone needed a ride from me.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Due to the fact that brawl looks potentially good, and most likely a true successor to melee.

We want to give melee a good farewell.

Whitemage and I have decided to close it. with the most Epic Viva la smash ever.
Were calling it.
Viva La Smashtaclysm

Prepare.
We will need hype.
because it will be the perfect venue. with housing provided with the venue.

And as always. i will be putting a spin on things, to try to add some entertainment.

I believe there is a stage. and i plan to use it. in full effect.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Blue, that is the best news evar.

So I've been reading that thread in Melee discussion (items vs no items, some doof bumped it) way back from 2002...it's quite an interesting read. Although I'm not finished with it yet, I'm beginning to worry about brawl and whether or tournament players are too stuck in an anti-items mindset to give items a shot in tournament play. The only real argument I've seen against items so far is the exploding crate/capsules and their inability to be turned off...and there hasn't been a mention of it in that thread. If Brawl has the option to turn off exploding capsule/crates...I wonder...

tourney***s >_>

Cort

Apple Head
there's still the aspect of 1 person getting randomly lucky all the time cause of the random spawn of items in different places

rub rub rub

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
but how lucky can you really get? a beam sword drops? you get a new moveset and a lame projectile... I mean with recovery items off all the luck in the world isn't going to stop the most skilled player from winning IMO. I think removing all randomness from the game is as destructive to a compeditive community as keeping everything set in stone. Being able to adapt to different situations is a very strong skill that isn't exercised enough in melee.

Items are not some amazing momentum turner that people make them out to be, most items are weak and just as easy to get around as the character's core movesets. In fact... an effort to balance items among characters seems to have been made.

*shrugs*

My... lessthanthree cents. *drum solo*

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
1. Control more of the map, and you get more items. Turn off items that interrupt attacks, as well as anything that requires no skill to use outside of grabbing it (healing, Invincibility Star, etc.), and items become very reasonable. Jimmer beat me to it >_>

2. If anyone was interested in getting Blue Dragon, and hasn't yet, DO GET. It's like FFX meets Dragon Quest, in a good way.

3. Viva La Smashaclysm sigs, milktea? >_>

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
so
if you havent heard
i put my wow character up for $1200 on craiglist.

here is my first response.
"Hello,My Name is ABRAHAM I have been searching for this for a very
long time and i will Love to make a fast purchase of this item so i
will like to know if this Item available for sale Ok try and get back
to me with the condition and let me know if Its Availiable Ok....And
do you accept check as a means of payment for the goods?. Please let
me know via email ASAP.......as I am Interested in the Purchasing the
Item Urgently.
Regards
ABRAHAM"

sketchy rofl?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
so
if you havent heard
i put my wow character up for $1200 on craiglist.

here is my first response.
"Hello,My Name is ABRAHAM I have been searching for this for a very
long time and i will Love to make a fast purchase of this item so i
will like to know if this Item available for sale Ok try and get back
to me with the condition and let me know if Its Availiable Ok....And
do you accept check as a means of payment for the goods?. Please let
me know via email ASAP.......as I am Interested in the Purchasing the
Item Urgently.
Regards
ABRAHAM"

sketchy rofl?
It's probably a little kid who doesn't have the $1200 (at least not legally - he could steal his parents' credit card or something).

Brookman

Smash Hero
v_______________________________________v

I am on a new computer of my own finally. Time to do all the illegal **** I've been holding off on for so long now.

Top Bottom