• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I respect vegetarians. You guys have much more will power than I do. My wife has me eating alot less meat, which is probably good for me in the long run. And milk is the greatest conspiracy ever.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Every vitamin and mineral you get from milk you can get from leafy greens in greater abundance, and with about 90% less fat.

Cort

Apple Head
Huh.. what kind of leafy greens?

Funny thing is back when I cashiered I only saw black people buy collard greens and escarole and kale >_>

Which I thought was interesting.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
The Smash Affiliates & Killer Fleet Presents: Zenith - SEPTEMBER 28th-29th!

Feel free to put it in your sigs!

Venue info

The famous web2zone

54 Cooper Square
between 4th & 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10003
212 614 7300
www.web2zone.com

By Train you can take the 6 Train to Astor place OR the NRW line to 8th street. Walk to the Chase Bank and make a right and it is only 2 STORES Down.

* 4 Stock
* 8 Minute time limit
* Items off

Events:

Friday 6pm-11pm: $20 - low tier doubles

Saturday: 9am-all day
$20 - singles
$20 - doubles
$15 - ssb64 1v1
$20 - ssb64 doubles

Rules
Team attack ON
Life stealing is allowed

In the event of a tie at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins, otherwise the player with the lowest percentage wins. If both Players have the same percentage, the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. this determines winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Finals are best of five matches

Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.

In case more than 64 people come, Singles seedlings will be determined by pools – each player will be assigned to a pool, and each pool will play 2 Three (3) stock matches in a round robin. If a player wins a match, he must inform an official of how much stock he had remaining. Players will continue to play with each other until each player has played all of the other players in the pool twice. The lowest ranking players will be cut off from each pool, so much so until it meets the conditions of a 64-man bracket. All stages for pools are picked randomly, and all character selections will be double blind pick – both players must whisper their character choices for that match to an official, and then immediately select those characters afterwards.

Random Stages for Singles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi’s Story

Random Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium
Stages Banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Terminal Bay and Yoshi’s Island 64

Dave’s Stupid Rule Modified – The same stage cannot be played twice in a row during a set

Stage Strike Rule – Each player/team can choose 1 stage to remove from random select AFTER all players have selected their characters. Players may change their stage strike for each succeeding game PRIOR to a stage being chosen. (DO NOT ACTUALLY REMOVE THE STAGES FROM THE RANDOM STAGES LIST)

For the First round in a set, character selection for the round will be double blind pick (unless the players don't care). The stage select for the first match will be chosen by random select or may be agreed upon by the players. Random select will be used if there is any disagreement on stage selection.

For the next round, players first may choose to change their stage strike, and then the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match. All succeeding matches are played in the same manner.

Low Tier 2v2

Allowed Characters :

* Luigi
* Link
* Roy
* DK
* Pikachu
* Zelda
* Ness
* Young Link
* Yoshi
* Kirby
* Mr. Game & Watch
* Bowser
* Mewtwo
* Pichu
* One Ice Climber (must kill ice climber before battle begins)

4 Stock
8 Minutes

Same rules as Doubles

Smash 64

Tournament Rules

* Double Elimination
* All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
* 5 stock, 10 min Time limit
* Team Attack On
* No excessively STALLING a match! If caught doing so, you will be asked to stopped with a warning. If you continue to do so, you will forfeit the match.
* Ties broken by lives/percentage
* Items OFF

Stages/Characters:

Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Saffron City, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.
If a player plays Ness, he may demand a repick if Saffron City is selected as a random stage, however if the opponent is the loser he has the right it counter-pick Saffron City.
All other stages banned
First round stage is random unless players can agree upon a stage
Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go to random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
Double Blind may be called in the first match

You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.
You can buy a brand new first party controller here (http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs...encyPreference) or you can try and find a new or used controller at your local game stores or Ebay.

Let the Hype Begin

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484

Funny thing is back when I cashiered I only saw black people buy collard greens and escarole and kale >_>

Pretty much what you just named: kale, broccoli, spinach, and things like that. And my mistake, they don't have quite as much calcium as milk, but it's worth the trade-off in reduced fat content.

The whole "black people and collard greens" thing is pretty much a Southern thing, so that's where that comes from.

Cort

Apple Head
What about uh.. low fat milk? And the availability/convenience of drinking it.

o_O Anyway, I'm kind of tired, but not really.

I watched the Ocean's movies (11, 12, 13) and highly suggest 11 and 13. 12 was only okay.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I don't know if we'd be going to that even if we weren't going to chris' house. Why aren't you on aim?

trademark0013

Smash Champion
The four swordsmen and myself live in central CT.

Also, someone play smash with me please. I need to work on my pichu.

EDIT:
(and my samus... I suppose...)
finally another pichu main

i find that interesting myself. wtf is kale and escarole?
my thoughts wkaing up w/o my books :( or an iron :(

Cort

Apple Head
Connecticut Power Rankings -9/3/07-
Panelists: Cort, Brookman, shminkledorf, Aesir
Mission Statement: To create a healthy competitive environment in Connecticut which will help inspire players to get progressively better over time.

- 1. Cort (1)
- 2. Brookman (2)
3. shminkledorf (5)
4. _milktea (7)
5. Spawn (13)
6. Pipe (15)
7. JVSmooth (6)
8. Aesir (14)
- 9. Jam Stunna (N/A)
- 10. Budai578 (N/A)
- 11. MikeMoney (N/A)
- 12. Zettai Kurayami (N/A)
13. squaminator (10)
- 14. ErciChewman (N/A)
- 15. awsmsean (N/A)

Noteworthy Players that aren't active enough/place consistently enough to be considered for top 15 (no particular order):

Rep
NessKid
Silvadragon
Havoc
Lock
Nus
BlueDeath
FreddyP
trademark
2ndchance
MaxPwnz
MallSanta
Mario 64 Master
Papito & Bro
Dokkoise

CT Traitors T-T

V
SwiftBass
Mofo
Geos

This list is more based on tournament results more so than any of the previous lists, particularly who has beaten who outside of Connecticut in tournament. How active certain players are is also taken into account to their respective rankings, as players who are no longer active will be eventually removed.

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
Screw that,I'll add something useful.

10-11-12, there'll probably be debate.

Budai beat spawn in tournament, which no one else below him can say they did, while MikeMoney's bracket doesn't really show how good he may be.

Nus isn't there because he asked to be taken off this list, and we complied, Blue, Rep and Justin were taken off because they haven't been active lately, tournament wise.

Cort

Apple Head
Hooray, finally done re-editing everything.

If anyone else notices something wrong or wants to discuss the power rankings, please do so!

_V_

Smash Ace
Umm...what about Nus? Edit//Nevermind, I read Shminks post.

And Rep is better than a lot of people on there...him and I came in 2nd at CTcon in teams.

Otherwise, freaking exactly what I had typed out last night and then didn't post...good ****!

Cort

Apple Head
Nus asked to be removed.

Rep hasn't participated in a tournament in quite a while, despite his level of skill.

lawl @ CTcon

_V_

Smash Ace
Hahaha don't laugh :p it was fun! I was Cort all day :)

I miss Nus...we never played at the end of the summer :(:(:(

Team next time I am home? That is if milktea already has a partner...because we were supposed to team at VLS.

WOO Karate at 12...YES. One of my classes is Karate...it is amazing.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i like the ranking. the little arrows make me giggle.

i don't know what to say, since i haven't played everyone. i'll just say that i'm going to use the PR as my checklist of people i need to play if i haven't played them yet.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yay, I finally made the list! This seems like a pretty fair and accurate list. Why, may I ask, did Nus request to be removed? He's so awesome.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
^the only reason that's not funny to me is because it's already been done on the opposite side. the original slogan was from PETA and it was something like "for every animal you eat, i'll save 2" or something. so it's not that it's attacking vegetarianism...it's just not original.

now the t-shirt i saw that said "meat is murder...but i'm cool with that" is ****ing hilarious.

Top Bottom