• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Lol.
P:M's thread is getting huge, but we have YEARS on them. ****, we went weeks with several new pages per day. They'll be at this pace for a day or two, then quiet back down until their next breakthrough.

And if you have a Wii& a copy of Brawl, give P:M a shot. The demo is really nice.
-DD

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I may very well try it, but honestly I play Melee so infrequently that learning two games at once would be mindboggling.

And I know so many heads who are gonna basically give up Smash when they get their mitts on MvC3 though...

Which'll be, like, tomorrow?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
:[ If Smash dies from MvC3 I'll be a sad panda.
>_> Other fighting games just aren't as fun...

-DD

shanus

Smash Hero
So JCZ is saying that the explosion of posts/views on the Project M thread, now that it's officially released, is on its way to overtaking the 'legendary' CT thread.

I think this calls for some spam.
our thread is barely over 1 yr old, we're almost there :D

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Naaaahhhhh.
We have almost 4x the post count. :p It will slow down within a week.

Plus my powerlevel in this thread is amazing.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
err, im comparing viewcount, not posts
xD Well that's easy to beat us in. We have like, 20 people who look at this thread semi-constantly.

:p P:M has like, 200+ people constantly watching, plus all the Reddit/GAF/Digg/GoNintendo/etc.

CT Thread isn't legendary for the view count though. Just the sheer age and post count.

can someone link me to that thread, pl0x
DAMMIT STOP GIVING THEM VIEWS!

Nah, jk
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260812
-DD

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread this thread

shanus

Smash Hero
xD Well that's easy to beat us in. We have like, 20 people who look at this thread semi-constantly.

:p P:M has like, 200+ people constantly watching, plus all the Reddit/GAF/Digg/GoNintendo/etc.

CT Thread isn't legendary for the view count though. Just the sheer age and post count.

DAMMIT STOP GIVING THEM VIEWS!

Nah, jk
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260812
-DD
yeah, we won't be topping this crazy postcount any time soon. yesterdays demo release post count was absurd though. 100 or 200 pages in a day i think

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
yeah that's the only view they'll get from me. but they are no where near our post count. which is good. but they're like 10k views away from us :|

man i'm 13th in state (when it comes to post counts and excluding non-CT'ers)
it's really funny seeing khaly up there (9th)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
yeah that's the only view they'll get from me. but they are no where near our post count. which is good. but they're like 10k views away from us :|

man i'm 13th in state (when it comes to post counts and excluding non-CT'ers)
it's really funny seeing khaly up there (9th)
You post from Brookman's account all the time too. Lol

Yayyy! 140 posts to match Cort!
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
^_^

TF2 had a few seconds of good action, too. Hell, it probably had a few sequences of a few seconds of good action. In between two hours of a monkey rubbing his AIDS-poop in your eyes. It's gonna suck balls, man. Michael Bay got his start in advertising (ever seen his amazing Aaron Burr commercial?) and he's a master at cutting trailers. Remember the Pearl Harbor teaser? Thing gave me goosebumps. We know how that turned out.

Also yeah I saw zoom ins on people looking off-camera awed/scared aka the Super 8 commercial. That alien really ****ing hates trains, huh? He's all like FUUUUUCKKK TRAINNSS!!!
eta: I'm really excited about it tho lol
To be perfectly honest I found the action in TF2 to be weaker than the action in the first. It was stupid and the fact that I had to sit through the rest of the movie for it made it even worse. Like seriously, that clip from TF3 is already cooler in action value than all of the **** in TF2. I don't think you realize how much I despise Michael Bay LOL. I've liked TWO of his movies and ****ing want to castrate that talentless prick for the cinematic train wrecks that comprise the rest of his career. Holy **** it makes it even worse that most of my friends and even respectable people (like Chris Nolan!!! WTF!!!!) love his work! That's right! CHRISTOPHER ****ING NOLAN LOVES MICHAEL BAY MOVIES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHhh

*regains composure*

All that aside, I'm going to see the movie regardless because I grew up watching the show and part of me just wants to see Optimus Prime kick *** (and not in a terrible way like TF2) with a somewhat decent plot. And really, even if the movie sucks (I'm totally prepared to hate it) at least the worst is over than TF2. Really, it is NOT POSSIBLE for it to be worse. That dumb ***** is gone so I don't have to sit through acting that rivals nails on a chalkboard in annoyance.

And on a more positive note, yeah Super 8 looks amazing. JJ Abrams has risen in awesomeness. I really like the guy, he knows how to make a fast paced, entertaining movie. Plus we're gonna get another great score by Michael Giacchino

and hahahahah @ the Aaron Burr commercial, just watched it again. I remember seeing that as a kid. I can't believe he made that

fine, let's talk music.

that new pop song that's like, "BABY YOU'RE A FIREWORK! GO AND SHOW EM WHAT YOU'RE WORTH" is the worst thing since Party in the USA.
hahahahaha, that video is pretty incredible. and frankly, I'd rather listen to that song 10 times a day than hear Firework again, jesus christ that song is awful.
Did you honestly just say something Katy Perry made is worse than something MILEY CYRUS made?!?!?!! BLASPHEMY!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
It's Spawn AND Shminkledorf's birthday?

I gotta go gift shopping at the package store...

EDIT: Speaking of alcohol, I was looking back at posts from about a year ago and Drunk PC Chris Balls are STILL on Facebook? Really?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I'd like to make my own Hipster bingo card. Imma work on that asap.

I don't think you realize how much I despise Michael Bay LOL. I've liked TWO of his movies and ****ing want to castrate that talentless prick for the cinematic train wrecks that comprise the rest of his career.
I'm going to see the movie regardless
does not compute, dude. does not compute in the slightest.

EDIT: Speaking of alcohol, I was looking back at posts from about a year ago and Drunk PC Chris Balls are STILL on Facebook? Really?
lmfao awesome

edit: get that mother****ing project M **** out of here. ***** please.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
So a picture of my cousin's son (who's 6) got in their local paper and she posted it to facebook. It's a picture of him holding a Star Wars book and it quotes him saying "I love the movies. My favorite part is when Luke Skywalker kills Darth Vader." I started to type out a comment making fun of him because that never happened. Then I took a deep breath and re-examined my priorities in life.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Facebook censorship is NOT what it used to be.

You just need to be discreet with your ball-showing-ness. Or maybe just male?

Sure it's cool and harmless to let your balls hang out in a Facebook picture but god forbid there's the slightest bit of sideboob and nipple action from an awkwardly-angled shot someone snapped of your friend's sister at the beach. Oh noes, Facebook team, take that down before somebody faps to it and it ruins their life.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Not gonna lie, I kind of wish I did.

Just watched the Firework video. I love it when massive pop stars try to play the "embrace the outsider" card. Hilarious. Also that song is awful. Talk about diminishing returns, Katy.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Did you honestly just say something Katy Perry made is worse than something MILEY CYRUS made?!?!?!! BLASPHEMY!
>_<

I quoted that video tarmacker posted of some guy dancing to Katy Perry's Peacock on Chat Roulette, lol... I was saying that Peacock (Katy Perry) > Firework (Katy Perry).

Also, who the **** cares? They both blow.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
So a picture of my cousin's son (who's 6) got in their local paper and she posted it to facebook. It's a picture of him holding a Star Wars book and it quotes him saying "I love the movies. My favorite part is when Luke Skywalker kills Darth Vader." I started to type out a comment making fun of him because that never happened. Then I took a deep breath and re-examined my priorities in life.
what could possibly be higher priority than ridiculing your 6 year old 1st cousin once removed for being quoted as saying that his favorite part of star wars was something that didn't even happen? I can think of nothing nobler or more important than that.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I retract my previous statement.

Tina Fey WAS hot, during the, like, first half of the first season of 30 Rock. Then they started dolling her up and trying to make her look good.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Bahahaha.
I would have done it anyways, simply for the fact that it wouldn't be the kid reading it, and hoping the parent's have the sense of humor/knowledge of basic Star Wars plot/ending.

Also, I must admit, my usually srsmode-poster friend from college put this up and it's just astoundingly funny to me as an honorary black male... kinda.

http://littleknownblackhistoryfacts.tumblr.com
Is...is this real?
-DD

Top Bottom