• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
freaking alton brown is spekaing at my school in a few hours

during one of m y classes

bbbbbb

do i skip or what

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
nonsense, cogsmooch, you're one of my favorite NE dudes that i never get to see

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
goooooooo see them

I skipped so many classes in college.

I also failed a few so maybe I'm not the best person to take advice from.
I got a few Ds but never failed, SUP!?

also, I don't regret any of my slacking off in college. I did well enough to graduate and post-graduation, no one gives a **** other than that I graduated from CMU in 4 years. GPA and other specifics have all really been irrelevant since then.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

also, I don't regret any of my slacking off in college. I did well enough to graduate and post-graduation, no one gives a **** other than that I graduated from CMU in 4 years. GPA and other specifics have all really been irrelevant since then.
I'm going into the gaming industry, hopefully, so GPA matters even less. They just wanna see the work you can do and how much they can squeeze out of you for as little pay as possible.

:[ Its gonna be a long road to the top.
-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
well gl with that ish.

I thought I was getting into CS for the gaming industry but working on games made me enjoy playing them less and I found the "work your *** off for a lot less than you can make doing ANYTHING else" mentality not terribly attractive either so I just bailed or sold out or w/e.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
nonsense, cogsmooch, you're one of my favorite NE dudes that i never get to see
You're right, I'm amazing. <3

...unless you plan on grad school/post grad etc. Then, yeah it matters quite a bit.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Post-Bachelor's degrees are basically a requirement for quite a few industries and professions, and they potentially open up your job opportunities as well. Average salaries for master's degrees are also higher than bachelor's. A bachelor's is like the new high school diploma in today's job market. sucks.

I like the idea of Grad School because you can completely focus on your subject of interest and tailor it to what you want to do etc. But I was pretty bad at disciplining myself during college so it probably wouldn't be pretty.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Post-Bachelor's degrees are basically a requirement for quite a few industries and professions, and they potentially open up your job opportunities as well. Average salaries for master's degrees are also higher than bachelor's. A bachelor's is like the new high school diploma in today's job market. sucks.

I like the idea of Grad School because you can completely focus on your subject of interest and tailor it to what you want to do etc. But I was pretty bad at disciplining myself during college so it probably wouldn't be pretty.
a bachelor's in Computer Science is still really ****. Bachelor's + 2 years industry is pretty comparable to Master's in terms of salary, + you've spent the last 2 years making money rather than spending it.

l2pick profitable majors IMO

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Yeah it's all very heavily degree-dependent of course. It's funny, when I graduated high school (at an unnamed year), practically everyone I knew was going into CS because it was the hot industry at the time, and right around when we graduated, the bubble burst and there were no jobs. It's come back a lot since then obv.
I wish I was remotely interested in something profitable.
*dejectedly kicks my liberal arts degree down the street*

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
well gl with that ish.

I thought I was getting into CS for the gaming industry but working on games made me enjoy playing them less and I found the "work your *** off for a lot less than you can make doing ANYTHING else" mentality not terribly attractive either so I just bailed or sold out or w/e.
>.> Yeah, I'm doing art side stuff. Games have already been ruined for me so I figured the damage has been done, might as well make the most of it.

Plus as art I can do plenty of side stuff, like I already do.

Yeah it's all very heavily degree-dependent of course. It's funny, when I graduated high school (at an unnamed year), practically everyone I knew was going into CS because it was the hot industry at the time, and right around when we graduated, the bubble burst and there were no jobs. It's come back a lot since then obv.
I wish I was remotely interested in something profitable.
*dejectedly kicks my liberal arts degree down the street*
I feel like this is referencing some sort of ".com bubble" Pre-2000. But I'm too young and have no idea whats going on. :3

-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
FINE, NEW TOPIC:

In order to go to Pound I have to miss out on a Hipster Bingo bar crawl with my friends where you dress like hipsters and have a bingo card to track Hipster paraphernalia that you see while bar crawling. I'm pretty bummed about it :(
I want to see a sample card.
This sounds like fun.
-DD

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
So JCZ is saying that the explosion of posts/views on the Project M thread, now that it's officially released, is on its way to overtaking the 'legendary' CT thread.

I think this calls for some spam.

Top Bottom