• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
TOP 4 ARE FOX[JMan]/FALCO[DrPP]/MARTH[M2k]/SHEIK[KirbyKaze].

MELEE HAS BEEN REVIVED.

Good **** @ Dustin and HBox though.

LOL @ Mango beating Kage with Link.
-DD

S l o X

Smash Champion
In Order:
1/2 [Marth] M2K
1/2 [Falco] PP
3 [Shiek] KK
4 [Fox] JMAN

Mango put 240$ on PP
Ally (?) put 100$+ on M2K and Hax put $ Up on M2k
m2k wins game 1, looking like TO5 out there.
pp takes game 2.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
The real order:
DrPP
M2k
KK
Jman.

There was a $240 side bet between Ally and Mango. Ally favored M2k to win, and Mango favored DrPP. I think the side bet was just to get into M2k's head on Mango's part, or just to make some quick cash on a freak chance. lol..
-DD

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
some south carolina guy also won 50 in a sidebet from a cali player in the tourney thread. lulz.
haha it was a guy from here in SoVa, Rhan, who got $30 from Brian [formerly of the SuperRad variety if I'm not mistaken...aka WhiteG] from SoCal

he's actually honoring the bet

stream-chat was soooo hyped up! **** was craaaazy...crashed my browser several times LOL

Also: finally started watching Outsourced...oh man..hits home LOL

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
****ed up, yes. But that woman made it sound like the TSA agents took her kid and were going to **** him in the back.
Yeah, pretty much.
But you really don't know what they're doing, and once the child leaves your sight you SHOULD be flipping ****.
-DD

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
Yeah, pretty much.
But you really don't know what they're doing, and once the child leaves your sight you SHOULD be flipping ****.
-DD
See, and this is the problem. The woman decided to have a panic attack instead of doing anything productive. They said "We'll have to get the authorities involved" and instead of doing anything sensible decided it was time to yell at the TSA officer instead of agreeing. She also didn't talk to a supervisor which was dumb as balls yet she still goes on a tirade of "getting something done about this". Be pissed off, be whatever. Blog about it, go ahead but at least do something useful before you do. This way the only thing that happens is you get a bunch of people hatin on the TSA making their already stupid job even harder.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
ROM was awesome. I only made it to day 2 but I stayed for singles finals. Sooooo crazyyyyyy sjdl;fkaj;ls djfal;sdjf.

I took some videos on my phone's crappy video camera and posted them on my Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/budai578?feature=mhum

I was mostly trying to get the crowd since it was insane, but I also kept the TV and the players in the picture so you could kinda see what was going on. Also I got KK vs PP in winner's semi-finals which was ridiculous as well.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
ROM was awesome. I only made it to day 2 but I stayed for singles finals. Sooooo crazyyyyyy sjdl;fkaj;ls djfal;sdjf.

I took some videos on my phone's crappy video camera and posted them on my Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/budai578?feature=mhum

I was mostly trying to get the crowd since it was insane, but I also kept the TV and the players in the picture so you could kinda see what was going on. Also I got KK vs PP in winner's semi-finals which was ridiculous as well.
oh ****! post this in the video thread. crowd reaction is nice to see. i wish i could have been there, i was reading the livestream chat and rooting for PP after darc got eliminated :D

Laijin

Smash Hero

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
oh ****! post this in the video thread. crowd reaction is nice to see. i wish i could have been there, i was reading the livestream chat and rooting for PP after darc got eliminated :D
Crowd was great for these finals. Loved the Sheik-Upsmash pose. And every time either player was winning 4-2 stocks, a "4-stock!" chant would start. M2K chant leading to PP chant leading to USA chant. Stack it up!

When you gonna upload the matches from Hall of Gaming last week? Still wanna re-watch those Thorn/Swift matches at least.

Nice avatar, btw!

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Let's say I was hosting a Smashfest in Stratford this Saturday, who'd be interested in stopping by?
If I didn't have like 3 other things I'm doing Saturday then I definitely would. Hell if it starts early enough (< 3pm) or ends late enough (> 12am) then I could maybe stop by.

<-- Lives in Stratford.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Let's say I was hosting a Smashfest in Stratford this Saturday, who'd be interested in stopping by?
:o possibly

When you gonna upload the matches from Hall of Gaming last week? Still wanna re-watch those Thorn/Swift matches at least.

Nice avatar, btw!
teams and some singles will be up today (tuesday) while like another half of singles will be uploaded wednesday. it will definitely all be up before turkey day. i blame youtube, sets at 1080p take over an hour each to upload.
and thanks! there's an oklahoma tournament i'm helping TO...OHSNAP 6: Smashing Mad...so we've all snagged sprite avatars of ffvi characters for added hypage :D

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
LOL nicely done Cog

ALSO OMG NICK CAGE WOW

AlsoAlso:

Happening to profit from a tournament is okay but trying to profit or gaining a rather substantial profit from a tournament is not [though there are exceptions, like Pound 4].

When I had a big house tourney, I used (some of) the profit (after providing catered Pizza/Lasagna and endless sodas, plus making breakfast) to make the payouts bigger...*shrugs*

It usually means funds were used very efficiently but if like...half of the venue fee ends up being profit, I just think it's good to give some back to the players [in the form of a service or increased payouts]

edit: my reasoning for ^^^ is because it means one of two things happened:
1) you overcharged
2) you had an unexpectedly larger turnout

on that note, I always had a rule for venue fees, much like for payout spreads, that they would change if the attendance hit a certain magical number [meaning people would get a partial refund if we got enough people]

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
thanks guyzzz
it looks a lot better than that but I can't get it to export in the highest quality for some reason. probably cuz I'm so old and technology confuses me.

There was a $20 venue fee for ROM? held in a toy/vg store? um.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
thanks guyzzz
it looks a lot better than that but I can't get it to export in the highest quality for some reason. probably cuz I'm so old and technology confuses me.

There was a $20 venue fee for ROM? held in a toy/vg store? um.
If you are a business you can't be giving up the back of your store for over 20 hours on a weekend without some kind of compensation. It's the price you pay when you can't get your events sponsored.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
If you are a business you can't be giving up the back of your store for over 20 hours on a weekend without some kind of compensation. It's the price you pay when you can't get your events sponsored.
so it cost $3400 to rent the back of a game store for 3 days20 hours?

Forgot to ask, what kind of camera did you use?
Canon 7D. Trust me it looks so much better than that. I will re-upload when I figure it out.

Top Bottom