• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
normally I can't stand that type of crappy flash animation comedy... but Mickey trying to sound positive while being completely defeated was pretty great.
Sums up my feelings on the video nicely.

-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Any of you CT dudes who enjoy rock music should consider checking out Caspian at Toad's in New Haven on Sept. 9. Disclaimer: only go if you enjoy having your mind blown through your *** so hard you explode into rainbows made of fire

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Any of you CT dudes who enjoy rock music should consider checking out Caspian at Toad's in New Haven on Sept. 9. Disclaimer: only go if you enjoy having your mind blown through your *** so hard you explode into rainbows made of fire
These guys sound pretty cool, and I generally like post-rock. Good suggestion! I might have to check them out next week.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
The lady made a declaration during her extended period between jobs that she'd make a point to watch every Star Trek series beginning to end. We finished TNG, and are trying to get through the more embarrassing spin-offs before ending with TOS.

It's hard to possibly ever top TNG, though.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
How about that page 1234? Anyone remember that?

Edit:
Scratch that, my only post on that page makes me look ****ing ********. Maybe because I'm reading it all out of context, but ****.
-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
The lady made a declaration during her extended period between jobs that she'd make a point to watch every Star Trek series beginning to end. We finished TNG, and are trying to get through the more embarrassing spin-offs before ending with TOS.

It's hard to possibly ever top TNG, though.
Be patient with DS9. Aside from the pilot, seasons 1 and 2 suck. Things start to pick up in season 3, and by season 4 they're kicking *** and taking names.

I'd make this comparison between TNG and DS9: TNG had better standalone episodes (The Measure of a Man, Yesterday's Enterprise, The Drumhead, Best of Both Worlds, etc.), but it was firmly locked into the "new adventure a week" model, to its detriment. DS9, on the other hand, has some pretty involved story arcs, and while most of the standalone episodes don't reach the quality of TNG (although my favorite Star Trek episode ever, Far Beyond the Stars, is actually a DS9 episode), when the arcs are taken as a whole, I think you'll find the semi-serial nature of DS9 more enjoyable.

I didn't like Voyager. I stopped watching when they introduced Seven of Nine, and was totally flabergasted by the series finale.

And LOL Enterprise.

EDIT- And to secure my Star Trek geekiness, I have this tab open in my browser.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Speaking of which, RedLetterMedia's review of Star Trek '09 was pretty good.

otg

Smash Master
Speaking of which, RedLetterMedia's review of Star Trek '09 was pretty good.
I'm so excited for this, I saw the trailer for it yesterday, gonna watch it today when I get home from work.

Also, to whoever it was (I wanna say it was Budai) who suggested I check out Damiera, good ****. I'm really digging M(US)ic, tho my only complaint is that a lot of the songs have the same feel/sound the same. I'm completely obsessed with the opening track "Immure" tho. Soooooooo good.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I'm so excited for this, I saw the trailer for it yesterday, gonna watch it today when I get home from work.

Also, to whoever it was (I wanna say it was Budai) who suggested I check out Damiera, good ****. I'm really digging M(US)ic, tho my only complaint is that a lot of the songs have the same feel/sound the same. I'm completely obsessed with the opening track "Immure" tho. Soooooooo good.
I don't think I suggested them, seeing as I've never heard of them myself. I did suggest some other bands though. Now that you've mentioned them I'll have to check em out!

otg

Smash Master
I don't think I suggested them, seeing as I've never heard of them myself. I did suggest some other bands though. Now that you've mentioned them I'll have to check em out!
I thought it was you or someone else, my fault. There are only like 2 or 3 people on the boards who listen to this stuff, so I figured I had a good shot at guessing :laugh:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Cort just repost the original picture, the middle finger is fine haha. I don't know why that got editted out, its a social thread i've seen way worse mah dude

Top Bottom