• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Dokkoise I'm just got back up here and also don't have a partner, I main samus, but can pretty much do whatever you, or our potential team may need. If I had to rank myself I'd say I'm up there with a lot of the power ranked CT players. Cort C.Falc eats my samus though...

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
Feel free to organize whatever events you may please. The list, as it is right now is pretty dated, and if anyone took the initiative to organize such an event it would be helpful, to say the least. We could talk to DM about letting us come in for something like that. It's just hard to organize everything, but if you build it, they will come. We don't even really need everyone in CT to go, if we were to make two such events a month, like the Stratford tournaments, it would help a lot in determining where everyone stands.

Also, we wouldn't even really need to organize anything with DM, aside from making sure that they aren't going to be busy with any other gaming events/have a busy day/night in general so that we could just get together and have a few TVs without having to struggle to get them.

It can't be expected that we will have everyone at any event really. Everyone has a schedule and priorities that need to be taken care of before smash, coupled with driving distances for those in the far reaches of the state, but if we do have events scheduled and people actually show up to these than it won't matter. We don't even need everyone to participate. Those that do participate frequently will see a deserving increase in rank and general ability in the game, cause that's how you improve.

So let's do it, yea?
word up niga looks like
Ct is goin to step it up:cool:

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Brookman, lets just pick a date at DM for a few weeks from now and whoever wants to rep themselves and be active in our community will go, if they want to get on the list or stay on it. If too many people post saying they can't make it, we could just change the date, but at least lets get something going so people don't just shrug this concept off. So yeah, if only a couple good known players can't make it, then we can have another event not too long after. Then hopefully we can keep these things comin regularly. I think this idea is like Guinness...BRILLIANT!

Brookman

Smash Hero
Cort is ascending well, I am on a different stair case though. As far as the local, CT oriented events go we should/could do one this coming saturday/ the following saturday. As long as more than 2 or 3 people go it would be worth it for whoever went, unless those people went together...then they should have just stayed and played at home. We'll see how **** goes.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Alright, well just make sure people have enough notice to post if they can or can't make it, or if they're like me, and they need to request Saturdays off, unless it's at night, i can do Saturday nights.

Other people beside me and brookman, start posting and man up for CT PR bichezz. Say if you're interested.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
Would this make a super cute couple? http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/NusCirtap42888/071507_15531.jpg

lol, brookman won't be at these meets. >_>
omg, lewl. i think i'm going to print this out and enjoy myself later..
aaaagh.. geos... <3

@MikeMoney
Hmm... that stupid ******** game... you keep pushing circle and you win.
If they block, keep pushing circle until their shields break, and win.
Its like.. wtf.

@Nus
... lets play together <3

PS: Both of your foxes **** me.
PPS: RRRRAAAAAPEEEEEE
PPPS: RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPEEEEEEE

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Dokkoise I'm just got back up here and also don't have a partner, I main samus, but can pretty much do whatever you, or our potential team may need. If I had to rank myself I'd say I'm up there with a lot of the power ranked CT players. Cort C.Falc eats my samus though...
we'll def. have to try out some team matches on my early arrival :D
i hope to at least get a few hours in with some people before september.
the only thing is i heard no one drives :\
i won't have a car since i'll be there for college, so bleh. but, i can always pay for gas.

also to the people who seem to be setting up monthlies/etc.

i run the Oklahoma PR, cohost the monthlies, ran OHSNAP1 and 2 (our state tourny with people from kansas, texas, and arkansas coming/taking our money), and have housed OOSers for those things...
that said, i can do brackets/help organize/call places/do whatever is needed when i get there. looks like a good smash community, so i'm willing to help out whenever i can.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Why not just get everyone to show up at Capital for a power ranking showdown? We already have the space.

And Blue, say it ain't so! :(

_V_

Smash Ace
I won't be around this weekend...I am visiting my roommate (leaving Thursday, coming back Sunday).

I guess you guys should take me off the Rankings...I mean, my family is moving to CA and I will be in NY for the most part. I'd like to still help out though. I think I have played almost everyone in CT, so I could help judge the rankings...the only people I never get to play are Dorf and Milktea.

I don't think we will be moving until I go to school (hopefully), so I should be here through August, yay.

Blue!!! That is sad :(:( So far away!

_V_

Smash Ace
Edit button is not working x.x

Stupid double post...

I would like to attend as many CT events as possible before I leave for school.

Classes starts August 29th, so I'd leave a few days before that...someone schedule some stuff!

Brookman

Smash Hero
How often can we hold events there and how many people can we fit in there? That would be absolutely perfect, maybe we could alternate areas to give a break topeople coming from the farthest reaches of CT. It would be a good alternative location, any of the pro-smash lan centers we know about, that is. Like I said, if you build it they will come. At least some people could, maybe? Not coherent, train of thought derailed for the moment. I'll post more later.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
How often can we hold events there and how many people can we fit in there? That would be absolutely perfect, maybe we could alternate areas to give a break topeople coming from the farthest reaches of CT. It would be a good alternative location, any of the pro-smash lan centers we know about, that is. Like I said, if you build it they will come. At least some people could, maybe? Not coherent, train of thought derailed for the moment. I'll post more later.
There are two rooms. One room has two TVs, and the other has one, and they can easily hold 20-30 people (there aren't that many chairs though). The rooms are open Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM-7:00 PM. We can have events there all summer basically.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Jam, we would need a lot of set ups just to get this done in a few hours, round robbins take a long time, everyone needs to play everyone, and I think it should be best of five to be fair, I mean beating someone once doesn't proove anyone is better than anyone, maybe even go five stock. We could discuss these terms later, but either way, gonna need a lot of tvs. How many setups can be facilitated? What days are available? And what kind of time frame?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah, the TVs are a problem, but not as big a problem as not having a building. If the IT department is still around during the summer, I can get up to six more TVs, but there are NO PROMISES that I can get those TVs.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
@ Erci: I don't think we should have one event to decide power rankings, of course there will be people that can't make it etc. and theres also the fact the people are always improving. I just think the CT community should have more frequent events even if it's just monthly smash fests, and the placings and brackets should be used as a way to rank the players. Of course thats probably how it works now anyway.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
just don't be like arizona and update your PR every 2 weeks >.>

i think for OK we started the PR with a round robin, and ranked by wins...
i like the ranking system a lot better though. i don't see what's wrong with it, even if a few things are not EXACTLY how they should be it creates a rivalistic (word?) atmosphere.
of course if things are just screwed up then the panelists suck. but that's why you choose the right people.

Cort

Apple Head
Gaming Etc would also need a buttload more setups.

DM is the best place to play. It's fairly in the middle of CT also.

Top Bottom