• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
Yeah Geos won it, I sucked again today. HEHE I didn't even care or felt like playing, I registered late so momo gave me her registration! <3! WTF at crappy prize? No free pass for next year... lol. I watched the masquerade though, it was interesting. I will try to be there tomorrow to watch cosplay chess!

Good stuff EC for owning FC!

Pipe

Smash Cadet
JV is the man...Geos is too good.

I would have won if I had entered

>.>
<.<

...or something, haha.
didn't enter johns.

edit: yo squam upload onto youtube those vids where I threestock milktea, then she four stocks me, then I two stock her. that'll show you guys what's up..

MikeMoney

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts for a crappy tourny WOOT

Nus: C'mon nus...lmfao I love messin with you, Doule u-smash on teams was sex

V: Fails

Blue: I should have let you get used to the lag before you played me sorry ; ;

Geos: will have my children

Sean: rapist lol

ZK: jesus isnt that impressive XD

Kahly/Itachi: I **** that naruto/one piece/DBZ game

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Sorry Blue, but this is V's thread in actuality. Speaking of this thread, can anyone say update. Nesskid at number 3 still is kind of silly at this point. And I think there's been enough tourneys in the last 4 months to populate a new list. Or should we have a CT Rankfest, where everyone goes and round robbins and we keep track of everyones record, we could have it once a month and see people's change in skill first hand. And now for a typical line from an 80's tv show...it's so crazy, it just might work.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Hmm... There need to be more tourneys so I can see how I fair on that list.
*chuckles manically*

Brookman

Smash Hero
Feel free to organize whatever events you may please. The list, as it is right now is pretty dated, and if anyone took the initiative to organize such an event it would be helpful, to say the least. We could talk to DM about letting us come in for something like that. It's just hard to organize everything, but if you build it, they will come. We don't even really need everyone in CT to go, if we were to make two such events a month, like the Stratford tournaments, it would help a lot in determining where everyone stands.

Also, we wouldn't even really need to organize anything with DM, aside from making sure that they aren't going to be busy with any other gaming events/have a busy day/night in general so that we could just get together and have a few TVs without having to struggle to get them.

It can't be expected that we will have everyone at any event really. Everyone has a schedule and priorities that need to be taken care of before smash, coupled with driving distances for those in the far reaches of the state, but if we do have events scheduled and people actually show up to these than it won't matter. We don't even need everyone to participate. Those that do participate frequently will see a deserving increase in rank and general ability in the game, cause that's how you improve.

So let's do it, yea?

Brookman

Smash Hero
Talked with Dan (the owner of DM). All days/nights are alright except for friday, since that's open game night, or something, I can't remember. So you can all decide and ****. Also, he asked when we'd like to hold another tournament, so stew on that for a while too.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'd be great if we could find a place where we could hold large scale bi-weeklies or even monthlies. I've heard people are waiting for a gaming arena of some sort to be opened for something like that? I've been kind of wanting to attend any type of meetings with smashers to kind of get into the CT smash community, and I'm sure there are a bunch of other people moving in or who've been here and just haven't been able to, something cemented would give people an opportunity to show up and get known good or bad you know?

Aesir

Smash Master
PCGA is re-opening soon, I dare not talk to him about smash now though he's pretty busy getting his store up and running again. How far are you guys from vernon? its like 20 or so mins for me. >_>

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Dokkoise is one of the few that are accepted in the CT thread that aren't from new england. He is also coming to CT at some point I believe.
yep, i arrive in middletown on august 26th for college :D
i can't wait to steal a spot on the PR :p

srsly though, i needs a partner. i'll post new vids up of me sometime soon.
i like teaming with spacies, jiggly, and sheik...
so if you're interested, i'd like to make money with you XD

^disregard all of this, i suck and am from oklahoma, where the best player is mediocre on a large scale. if it helps anything i've beaten DoH and Smiles before. cort's peach would **** me though >.>

Top Bottom