• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

S l o X

Smash Champion
d aaaaaaaa mmmmmmmmm nnnnnnnnnnn .

/

niiiick, you don't HAVE to wear a costume . . . right? especially when it's your first time going . . . right? :D

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
is pof=garrett? as in garrett Decrosta?

"I love vidjo. Lol. Last I heard brawl is horrible and the money is balls for melee. Play melee for fun or play street fighter. Sf is fun and last I heard smash has never compared to 1700 people for a tournament and 20k for prize money. I think the smash scene is becoming the biggest joke. Ever since brawl came out smash has died in terms of fun and... See More good compeition. The high tof brawl is a ****ing bat flying around hitting you with a sword and mele is jigglypuff floating around doing dumb moves to rest you. Wtf? What fighting game in the world has a 1 frame move that's broken and alows for more pressure with little to no lag?"

is what he just posted on M2k's facebook status.

not that I care, I just find it funny that ya'll are ripping him so hard and so unanimously.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Honestly, why the **** would you play a game you don't enjoy? If you aren't having fun, don't ever pick up a Gamecube controller again. (This is basically for everyone, ever. I don't understand why people play games they don't enjoy. I CAN understand raging when you loss tourney matches but when you claim the game is unfun / boring and you still play, then that's just stupid.)

Not even gonna comment on the comparison made between EVO / MELEE.
/
DD ! Definitely gonna try to go with you guys next year, if you guys go . . . next year.

edit: pof just says completely moronic things. i still do appreciate what he's told me in the past though, confidence boosters > stupid unnecessary comments anyday of the week.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
name search is awesome

and we were fine in sf4. actually, last time i played u, u rage quit because i had ur ibuki on lockdown with sagat. u quit, sent me a msg saying "that was ****ing stupid". then like an hr later posted some bs about going out. yea right....

after u made that long post some days ago, u deleted me from facebook and psn. ur trying to reach out to me huh?

when i say anything negative about u, its def with reason. but logic doesnt work on you because ur brain works in a lesser say than most people, so i just get off cuz its easier and more entertaining.

speaking of that post u made a bit back, u go even with everyone? really? swift doesnt **** u? i dont 3/4 stock you in marth dittos doing nothing but fthrow>fsmash? mikemoney doesnt run circles around you? mogwai doesnt shoot u?

o wait, thats right, ur definition of "going even" is only getting 2 stocked. i guess.....

and then u said all these ppl respect you? plz. those ppl u posted dont give a dam about u. actually, last time i talked to most of em, they were very adamant in their dislike of you....

theres so much more i could say and i'm petty enough to keep going, but when do our posting sessions ever continue? u usually pus out and say things like "i have all this stuff on you jus you wait....." what stuff?

and an btw, ur pretty bad at sf. ur game can be broken down just as easily as ur smash game. examples: on ur wake up, for the most art u jus mash jab.
during opponents block strings u jus mash jab or dp
when u jump or are being attacked with a grappler all u do is buffer 360s/720s
u roll to command grab with abel, which is very scrubby

*foresight* : trade i'm better than you.

no. more experienced, sure. know combos, why not. more technical, who isnt?

but better? smarter? pfft. u havent said one intelligent thing about anything in the x years i've been around you.

TL;DR

garrett, you're bad a videogames. you def didnt try and find any common ground with me, but rather deleted me from fbk and psn. and ur just an idiot.

your turn.
No, I literally did leave. The girl that I was hooking up with from Bridgeport came over and she can't stand it when I play SF. She just went on my computer and went on FB when I did it all the time. lol. When I first got the game she didnt give a **** but after a week or so she got pissed. I literally taught her how to do ryus corner EX BS Ultra setups. You honestly think would care within the first like week or two of the game that you beat me? I suck at SF? Really? Than why do I good at the tournaments I go to in Mass with players such as Lucky D, (amazing Dhalsim) CP, (New Englands best Ken, who I shaved a match off of almost.) Inthul (The pad fei long player) and asiantom (The best Vanilla Gen in New England) ? Please, you beat me on wifi like twice in your entire life when I was picking random characters. Not to mention I perfected you twice in a row with Dudley round 2 and than ****ing Gen round 1. (I also nearly perfected swifts cammy twice in a row and nelson is witness to this.) Ever hear of learning? Yeah, ive been doing that so please know what you're talking about before you say things. If you want, i'll link you to my tournament placings? It's on tonamento.com

I deleted you on psn on facebook? Yes, I did do that. You know why? You clearly showed a HIGH amount of disrespect towards me so why should I socialize with you? Its clear you dont like me. Maybe you're looking into things a little bit too much man? I didnt do that simply because i ****ing hate you or anything childish. I did it because there is always a constant flow of drama between us. Honestly, I dislike you BECAUSE YOU'RE A TOOL TO ME. I'm not one to make hastey judgments about someone.

In terms of melee:

Let me break down everyone in CT in a few lines

Mike $-Offensive powerhouse. Shut his offense down and make him play defensively. Relies on constantly pressuring you and ending the match as quick as possible.
Noodles-Defensive king. Relies on making you approach him and will rarely ever make the first move until he sees a mistakes
Spawn-Fantastic edge game. Dont go off stage or your dead.
Aesir-Hot and cold player. Dont let him get hot and get in his head.
Cort-The best all around player in CT
Awsmsean-Same as Aesir. Piss him off and he'll start laughing and saying hes not trying.
Mogwai-Probably the best all around competitive mentality next to Cort and SPAWN. Even though I hate saying this, Mogwais solid.

If I was DEDICATED to Melee and actually went to tournaments on a normal basis I could be pretty good.....but i never did....and never will. Melee and fighting games are something I do on the side. They aren't a priority for me anymore. I'm 22 and its time to start growing up and getting my priorities straight. Even when I WAS playing Melee, how often did I go to tournaments? Definitely not often. No offense but at the last two tournaments that you and I particapted in...I did better than you. It IS tournament.....Jams cookie one and pound. Both the last two events we entered in together. It was a fluke and I got lucky? A win is a win.

In terms of pussying out: You say all this stuff to me on the internet but when you talk to me in person let me ask you something, who is nice to you and tries to socialize with you? Definitely not you. You can be the bigger man all you want online and stuff but when push comes to shove I put my foot forward where it ****ing matters.

Anyone can friggin talk **** about someone on the computer and say blah blah blah but pretty much all of you can't do it in person because im nice to all of you. I've tried for so long to be respectful to this community and pitch in accurately but it all channels back to "he posts like an idiot so hes a ******."

SPAWN, Aesir, Dark Dragoon, Jamil, etc dont like the way I post too but when push comes to shove they know im a respectful and nice person in real life.

This definitely goes for Darc, Dazwa, Zoso, Mogwai, and pretty much everyone. I've never been an *** to anyone in real life.

And believe me Bernard I know the two examples you're going to bring up"

The time I yelled at Sean: He deserved it. I told you guys to be quiet like 6 times and he didnt listen and it was like 3 am and my parents were sleeping or wanted the house quiet. It was called for.

Marc in drive thru: have you ever done drive thru with marc? Hes hilarious. I love marc and he knows i love him. no homo.

In regards to swifts last post:

No, SRK wont hate me mainly because.....everyone there is awesome and I respect them. :) I havent met one person ive had a problem with yet. Everyone is eager to learn, help people learn, etc. My tournament experiences have been awesome and the scene is kickass.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Within the Wallingford/Cheshire area if anyone is looking for a fellow CT smasher. Ever since DM closed, they haven't updated anything as to where they're looking to relocate. I miss ESTICLE!

trademark0013

Smash Champion
lets c what to do here.....

SF stuff:

it definitely wasnt a week or two after the games release when all that happened. it was a good while after. but in any event, u perfected me twice and i made u rage quit so truce on that.

however, u dont consider it toolish of you to brag about beating swift and making him get upset or w/e? i mean that happened about a week or two before we played. u freakin sent me a txt mad excited about it. so in actuality, you jus contradicted yourself by saying u dont care and all that jazz.

melee: u didnt place better than me at pound. we both made it out of round one and got knocked out of round 2. jams tourney..... if that was the one where i lost to mdz then sure. but u def dont go even with me in friendlies. u always say the same thing: "i can beat ur secondaries." gj on that. peach? even sheik? naaaa

as for breaking everyone down..... lol? that came outta no where and didnt prove

those times def had nothing to do with anything. i've mentioned them months ago to you and ur just now replying?

but let me bring u to this time then: when we first met, you asked, "what music do u listen to? lemme guess, RRAAPP??"

(me: i listen to everything)

"o, well i jus figured....."

i'm pretty sure that interaction sums up the kind of person you are.

and i;ve defended the **** outta you hard during that whole "obama will be shot in a year" thing so dont come at me with all this i'm always mean to you bull****

and ur right, i dont like you, as most ppl here dont. but because i dont like you i'm suppose to talk **** to u every time i c u? alright if thats what u want....

think about every time i've posted about u. the majority was u posting something and me responding. do i go out of my way to be a tool to you? no, not at all. do i call you out on ish u type? yes. there is no constant flow of drama. its u say something, i respond, thats the end of it.

ur not one to make hasty judgements? every post u ever make is either 100% something is good or 100% something is bad. i've mentioned this to u b4 homie. and in all srsness, all what u said about u changing and all that is def part of me if its tru. a few months back after a post i made about u you sent me a msg on fbk thanking me for helping u realize stuffs.

ummmmm anything else while i'm here......

he posts like an idiot so he must be ********...... u seem to think that posting doesn't reflect personality or personal ideology. in which case u are very wrong. u post like a tool, thats how ppl are going to c u. when u give your opinions on things, those opinions are yours. theyre not of your "posting self" as u seem to imply.

CONTINUE?

__ yes __no

ZoSo

Smash Champion
but let me bring u to this time then: when we first met, you asked, "what music do u listen to? lemme guess, RRAAPP??"

(me: i listen to everything)

"o, well i jus figured....."
LOL GET IT BERNARD CAUSE YOU'RE BLACK?

As much as I've been trying to stay out of this, I think this highlights an important element of Garrett's personality, which is that he'll say anything if there are no consequences. He's much less bold in person and if he does happen to get called out on something, he'll play it off like he was joking.

Just an observation. Not really interested in participating in drama.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
POF types a lot of words for someone who quit smash, swf and the CT thread and thinks they're all dumb.
Dave brings up a really good point. The internet emboldens a lot of people through virtual anonymity. Weird thing is, pof like....actually admits it.
there's a new at&t commercial that looks like cog stars in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOl4OzcyKK4#t=0m21s
SO many people have said this to me! I can see it. And that commercial is awesome.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Where are you pulling these supposed racist comments that you think I've said to you in the past?

I said the obama thing. Agreed. Definitely.

Lol and tim himself laughed at my performance. It was clearly a joke and I thought you realized that. Did you think I was trying to be cool with you or something? Nope.

Yes, actions on the internet are a basis for interpreting how a person is...but they aren't everything. I've met people on the internet who suck at aim/fb/ and say dull or ******* **** but are awesome in person.

My opinions are strong but I know that they are not factual. everyone just thinks I think they are factual.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
ur opinions are stong but they re not factual... wtf does that even mean?

u said it the first day i met u when we got in ur car, no homo

wat performance? u vs his cammy in sf? so u txted me all hyped about beating him and its suppose to be a joke? a joke that i'd get right away, even tho i wasnt there?

ur rly not making any sense right now

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I suck at SF? Really? Than why do I good at the tournaments I go to in Mass with players such as Lucky D, (amazing Dhalsim) CP, (New Englands best Ken, who I shaved a match off of almost.) Inthul (The pad fei long player) and asiantom (The best Vanilla Gen in New England) ? Please, you beat me on wifi like twice in your entire life when I was picking random characters. Not to mention I perfected you twice in a row with Dudley round 2 and than ****ing Gen round 1. (I also nearly perfected swifts cammy twice in a row and nelson is witness to this.) Ever hear of learning? Yeah, ive been doing that so please know what you're talking about before you say things. If you want, i'll link you to my tournament placings? It's on tonamento.com
uhh.. I hate to bring up a post that is old.. but I was just reading through the thread and I came across this... POF, honestly... don't try to brag about your placing at Pauls. First off, pretty sure you didn't play ANY of those named players. At Wallcade, you got sent to losers by Will (a dudley player) and in losers... I'm not sure who you played... But you beat my friend Sessh. He told me you're complete ****. He railed your ibuki... and when you went T hawk, all you did was pretty much condor dive. He doesn't even have ssf4, or did he know T hawk at all. Not to mention, he was so annoyed from not being called into a match for about 3 hrs, so he said **** it. He didn't know how to punish ****, and he's not a garbage player, he beat Paul that tourney, and beat asiantom at the tourney 2 weeks after.

That sounds like a **** load of johns, but honestly.. idk how you are now, but you were *** at Wallcade.

edit: now I kinda feel like an *******.. B( whatever.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
to be honest.. I really don't know :[[ I kinda lost interest, and got really got into street fighter. ily though

but that one time we did meet at PoF's (lol) will be in my memory foreverrrrr. Between our doc vs falco matches.. and the murts going completely crazy.. **** I kinda wanna start playing melee just because of the murts, do they still play?!?@! D:<

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
uhh.. I hate to bring up a post that is old.. but I was just reading through the thread and I came across this... POF, honestly... don't try to brag about your placing at Pauls. First off, pretty sure you didn't play ANY of those named players. At Wallcade, you got sent to losers by Will (a dudley player) and in losers... I'm not sure who you played... But you beat my friend Sessh. He told me you're complete ****. He railed your ibuki... and when you went T hawk, all you did was pretty much condor dive. He doesn't even have ssf4, or did he know T hawk at all. Not to mention, he was so annoyed from not being called into a match for about 3 hrs, so he said **** it. He didn't know how to punish ****, and he's not a garbage player, he beat Paul that tourney, and beat asiantom at the tourney 2 weeks after.

That sounds like a **** load of johns, but honestly.. idk how you are now, but you were *** at Wallcade.
I switched to a lower tier character? (near makotos placing probably) How is that saying I'm bad? Did he play Ryu? Ryus my worst match up, I ****ing hate that mu. I probably did do some dumb stuff in that mu. Also, everyone was ****ing new to the game and didnt know how to punish half of the **** yet. How is that an excuse? lol.

Also, isnt Ryu like one of the best and easiest characters in every single SF game aside from like 3S? Throw fireballs, cr mk, and see what they do. Pretty much the same match up for every character generally. How could he not know how to punish w ryu? Fireball? Tatsu? All of his moves cover the screen with ease.

Take note that SSFIV is my FIRST SF game i've looked at high level wise. I DID NOT play SF4 that much until the end. I'm not really that good, but im getting better. I will be the first to say that I'm not great but I'm not complete trash at all.

Nice try to get on the hate train dude.

While you're tying to bash me I saw your match that day VS Nicole (blanka player)....You almost lost a round or two there buddy. Seriously though, its a new game and no one knows what works anymore..........I think some random BS happened.

I had no idea that Seths U2 doesnt go through kens u2 till like a month ago...

or that Ibuki can slide under bisons EX psycho crusher. Whatever.

Honestly, I think you're a cool guy and i've always thought so. No disrespect.

Trademark-In the grand scheme of things you just think im a racist and thats a good 70% of the reason why you hate me. Honestly, it ALWAYS stems back to "that time i was racist" no matter what example you use.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Trademark-In the grand scheme of things you just think im a racist and thats a good 70% of the reason why you hate me. Honestly, it ALWAYS stems back to "that time i was racist" no matter what example you use.
always huh? no i'm just using that time because its a solid argument. i outline my points time and time again. if ur going to respond plz do so to all of them and dont jus pick and choose.

in the super grand scheme of things, i dont like u for the same reasons everyone else doesnt. i'm jus petty enuff to respond when u get super out of line or when my name is mentioned.

i honestly think u really dont understand y ppl dont like u tbh

S l o X

Smash Champion
lol mike$ is stupidly offensive

i played noodles before i played mike$ and i got *** ***** because of the completely different styles. being in control > getting ****ed up.

i love connecticut (just not how gay our scene is)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
now im rly done. garret you can say whatever you want now. Dun worry im not gonna respond or anything or defend........Im not gonna play this game anymore. We're not cool and I dun respect you as a person or a player in any shape or form. If you see me, you dun know me. lets keep it simple.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Top Bottom