• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Way to bury my reply to HAB
I was actually not unhappy with the Island, either part. I like also that they're experimenting with their formula, as it were, and trying to apply to it dubstep and whatnot...

But... Hold Your Colour didn't have one bad tune. Almost all of them would go off in a rave and even the ones that didn't had amazing technical value and the production was top notch. Obviously every tune isn't going to be a dancehall bomb like Slam or Another Planet, but I can bet that if they wanted to, Pendulum could make another tune that is as good or even better than Out There or Fasten Your Seatbelts (both awesome tunes, bee tee double you) with minimal effort.

Rob Swire is an absolutely gifted producer, and with the other guys on-board they could make DNB of legendary proportions. I appreciate that they're doing what they love, but I cannot help but feel like they're missing their calling.

I mean, have you HEARD the original dub of Tarantula, before it got pressed to vinyl? It was much darker, and the production rivaled most of their later work.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/olhkPdh-_IU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/olhkPdh-_IU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I was actually not unhappy with the Island,
*thinks you're talking about Lost*
either part. I like also that they're experimenting with their formula, as it were, and trying to apply to it dubstep and whatnot...

But... Hold Your Colour didn't have one bad tune. Almost all of them would go off in a rave and even the ones that didn't had amazing technical value and the production was top notch. Obviously every tune isn't going to be a dancehall bomb like Slam or Another Planet, but I can bet that if they wanted to, Pendulum could make another tune that is as good or even better than Out There or Fasten Your Seatbelts (both awesome tunes, bee tee double you) with minimal effort.

Rob Swire is an absolutely gifted producer, and with the other guys on-board they could make DNB of legendary proportions. I appreciate that they're doing what they love, but I cannot help but feel like they're missing their calling.

I mean, have you HEARD the original dub of Tarantula, before it got pressed to vinyl? It was much darker, and the production rivaled most of their later work.
*is disappointed*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuzlG4_9qd0
* 3 years ago :p

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I was actually not unhappy with the Island, either part. I like also that they're experimenting with their formula, as it were, and trying to apply to it dubstep and whatnot...

To be honest, and I feel a bit silly saying this, I've never listened to the entirety of Hold Your Colour. I really do have to get on that.

I dont think I've heard the original Tarantula.
I'm going to check it out right now.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Well let's see...

Clare (pregnant woman) conveniently having amnesia after being kidnapped, Charlie killing Ethan before they could find out anything from him, Shannon dying but it's only a hallucination from some concocation Locke made and used on Boon, oh and Charlie being dead but then coming back to life (that scene was a little ridiculous). I think there are more but these most recent ones are nuts. Also I've heard that the show ends without explaining a lot of things, which means the writers can put WHATEVER they want to happen without any consequence because they don't have to worry about explaining it later on. This is pure audience manipulation. A lot of the show is very good, as I said it's highpoints are great, otherwise I wouldn't keep watching, but some of the stuff just has me feeling manipulated and I'm angry at some of the twists instead of being able to enjoy them.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Well let's see...

Clare (pregnant woman) conveniently having amnesia after being kidnapped, Charlie killing Ethan before they could find out anything from him, Shannon dying but it's only a hallucination from some concocation Locke made and used on Boon, oh and Charlie being dead but then coming back to life (that scene was a little ridiculous). I think there are more but these most recent ones are nuts. Also I've heard that the show ends without explaining a lot of things, which means the writers can put WHATEVER they want to happen without any consequence because they don't have to worry about explaining it later on. This is pure audience manipulation. A lot of the show is very good, as I said it's highpoints are great, otherwise I wouldn't keep watching, but some of the stuff just has me feeling manipulated and I'm angry at some of the twists instead of being able to enjoy them.
Relax. If I told you what went on in Season 4 you wouldn't believe me. Lost changes fairly dramatically each season, and there's a full 6 of them, so let's not worry about what the ending "explains" when we're halfway through S1.
I will give you the Charlie moment, I remember feeling that was a little cliched. The rest of your complaints are invalid because I deem them so and I'm awesome.

S l o X

Smash Champion
@ prog, mogwai, and otg: for some reason, i feel like this song is for u guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6e7Tg6rSgI

no homo. lol

song is amazing tho, everyone should check it out

@ dazwa: yea inthuls purtty good. fei long is so booty tho. lol
Knaan - Take A Minute got me to download a bunch of songs of his. Still haven't listened to anything past that yet but I look forward to it.
-_- no mmtwenty but i hope to see some of you at No Johnathans next weekend.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well let's see...

LOL.
Don't worry about the ending. **** man.

Knaan - Take A Minute got me to download a bunch of songs of his. Still haven't listened to anything past that yet but I look forward to it.
-_- no mmtwenty but i hope to see some of you at No Johnathans next weekend.
I love your sig.
-DD

S l o X

Smash Champion
Once I find my Touch I'm definitely putting all my Knaan stuff on it.

Random: Haven't heard Wiz Khalifa yet, about to youtube him. If you listen to him, any song recommended?

Really need to get some new stuff on my computer / iPod.

@Nick / DD
:D Probably gonna keep that for a while. It's just too good.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Anyone want to play tomorrow? I'm sure its: 1) people busy with life 2) people going to Mass Madness (thanks >_>) but I want to play tomorrow.

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
so on am ore important note someone who is my friend should come play smash with me sometime LOL?!

cmon kids one time offer.
but probably not.

PS seeing smash players at magic tournaments is weird

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
picked out my new mp3 player
organizing, formating, and expanding all my music in anticipation
people should give me a ton of music suggestions
especially jake and swift, since they post often with stuff i've never heard and i tend to really like a small percentage of it
either quote this or post on my swf profile page so i can see it :D
panchymagogue

Top Bottom