• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
someone in the ok thread just bragged about a friend punching a guy who caught someone making out with his wife. uber facepalmin' right now. i hate this state. 3.5 months.

ffvi

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
So I added a coworker to my FB and not seconds later did a friend post about Kpop.

My coworker knows next to nothing about me LOL.

So much gay **** on my FB

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
So I added a coworker to my FB and not seconds later did a friend post about Kpop.

My coworker knows next to nothing about me LOL.

So much gay **** on my FB
Yo, how do you feel about Big Bang's new MV? Like idk if it's just me, but I'm not digging it at. Maybe if I listen to it more, it'll grow on me.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Well, I actually really like it. It's not in my TOP TOP Big Bang songs but I still like it.

Plus the MV is going back to a "Story" MV rather than a choreographed + weird clothing MV.

Which I like choreographed ones, but I'm glad they're mixing it up now.

Plus GD has his old hair back.

So many things I like have happened with the release of the MV so I'm a bit bias.

Edit: HazyGoose I'm ****ing dying over here.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
I did like that they did go back to the story MV path as well. I enjoy those much more.

Word! GD's hair <3

I'll probably like it the more I hear it though.
I just started listening to all their old stuff all over again. I forgot how much I liked 'em.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
LOL

PoF i saw your post on SRK about wall's tourney. He has sf weeklies every saturday. You should come.. real good competition, and it's right in my city :]

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
rofl totally stealing that Snape pic.

Excellent, I was thinking of buying the dvd of the complete series on amazon cause I always wanted to see it. Love those guys.
It's funny, I bought the box set blind just based on good word of mouth. I watched the first episode and it wasn't what I was expecting at all so I just let it sit unwatched for like 3 months. Then I watched the rest and was like OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lmao @ the Snape pic

I heard this exact text being aired on the radio this morning in an advertisement while I was driving into work, read aloud by an announcer.

http://www.bushnell.org/index.cgi/44169

FTA: "The drama of love, murder, and hope on Catfish Row springs to teeming life in a dazzling 75th anniversary tour of George Gershwin’s Porgy and Bess coming to The Bushnell June 8-13 in a brand new production with riveting choreography and glamorous costumes. Approved by the Gershwin Estate, produced by veteran opera impresario Michael Capasso, General Manager of New York’s Dicapo Opera Theatre, and in association with noted producer Willette Murphy Klausner, (Three Mo’ Tenors). Porgy is directed by the brilliant African American Charles Randolph-Wright (Mama I Want To Sing).."

Please, someone tell me that I'm not insane for having physically hit the brakes on my car when I heard this announced.
Huh?

rofl totally stealing that Snape pic.

It's funny, I bought the box set blind just based on good word of mouth. I watched the first episode and it wasn't what I was expecting at all so I just let it sit unwatched for like 3 months. Then I watched the rest and was like OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
HAHA well I have seen 10 or so minutes of the show in various clips and it seemed funny enough. I ordered it last night but there's only 14 eps though so that saddened me.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Seb, the bolded sentence is this:

"Porgy is directed by the brilliant African American Charles Randolph-Wright (Mama I Want To Sing).."

Brilliant African-American? Not brilliant African-American Director or Composer or whatnot?

Just... Brilliant African-American.

If you're gonna come up with a description of someone, does it not seem weird that they chose THAT as their description?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I knew you were referring to that, but it doesn't strike me as THAT odd. I wouldn't have noticed that if I heard it on the radio, but I guess now that you pointed it out it does seem off, but not enough to make me slam my brakes

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
LOL

PoF i saw your post on SRK about wall's tourney. He has sf weeklies every saturday. You should come.. real good competition, and it's right in my city :]
I plan on going when I can. I've been starting to play with the New London crew. (Brian, Ryan, Scott) I play w Scott like once a week. He's been making me better.

i jus played a scrubby ken for like 3 hrs.

its one of those situations where u learn everything, yet nothing at all. lol
You learn nothing except how to punish random ultras and shoryukens. Sometimes its hard to punish Kens shoryuken on wifi because it really doesn't have that much ending lag. That, and Dudleys LP one.

I just went on a 17 game winning streak online. Gettin off.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Prom blows if you have 0 coordination and are embarrassed to dance. It took me until college to learn that reasonable dancing requires setting pride aside and making an *** of yourself and not caring about it.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I went to an all guys high school. So basically at my prom, most of everyone's dates didn't know anyone but the person who brought them. We didn't have a king or queen either.

I dated a girl who was a few years younger than me and ended up at another prom when I was 20. That one sucked.

Also MacGyver's mullet is and will always be the greatest mullet to ever grace mankind. That guy and Billy Ray Cyrus ain't got nothing on Angus.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
so i'm broke as hell
and prom's in 2 weeks.
i have $60 left to my name
tickets are $75 (yeah i know, lol)
and tux rental for another $80+ (guessing)
Prom is not worth it. Not ever.
So glad I'm not going to Sandra's. She can go alone and I'll be happy as a pig in ****.

Prom was .. interesting

The kid on the far left with the mullet, was Prom King LOL
LOL HOLY ****.
Mad swagger brah.

-DD

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
It's hard to see in this picture, but the guy in the back is actually dressed as Peewee herman.

Technically he was my date.

We jumped on a trampoline together.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
My prom was terrible, but I still recommend that you go. It's one of the last cultural touchstones left.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
My first prom got me my first official girlfriend so it ended up being pretty legit lol She wanted to smooch my cog if you know what I mean. (HOLD HANDS)

Prom blows if you have 0 coordination and are embarrassed to dance. It took me until college to learn that reasonable dancing requires setting pride aside and making an *** of yourself and not caring about it.
drinking helps too. I only dance minimum half-drunk (mostly at weddings). I'm so white. But our proms weren't about dancing anyway.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Our senior prom stopped allowing underclassmen when a sophomore won Prom King. Of course, that's more of a testament to how terrible my class was.

Or did you mean do they still have separate junior and senior proms?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
walkman x
cowon s9
samsung p3
zune hd
ipod touch

no idea which to get. 32 gb video/wifi/touch screen/long battery were the only requirements. i'm still using a sony hd5 from 2005 that is terrible with today's specs. i have no idea what to choose. i'm a sony fanboy but the walkman x is the most expensive. also while the touch is the least expensive, you HAVE to use loltunes to organize your music :\
any suggestions? does anyone own any of the first 3? i've heard really good things about the p3, and apparently the p9 is the most "bang for your buck," but i honestly am so far behind in my mp3 player technology that i'm pretty lost here.

edit: apparently the s9 and zune are both missing real wifi, they just connect to their stores. -2 points each.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
walkman x
cowon s9
samsung p3
zune hd
ipod touch

no idea which to get. 32 gb video/wifi/touch screen/long battery were the only requirements. i'm still using a sony hd5 from 2005 that is terrible with today's specs. i have no idea what to choose. i'm a sony fanboy but the walkman x is the most expensive. also while the touch is the least expensive, you HAVE to use loltunes to organize your music :\
any suggestions? does anyone own any of the first 3? i've heard really good things about the p3, and apparently the p9 is the most "bang for your buck," but i honestly am so far behind in my mp3 player technology that i'm pretty lost here.

edit: apparently the s9 and zune are both missing real wifi, they just connect to their stores. -2 points each.
Just get a 120GB ipod. LOL. I never have to worry about space, lack of songs, or anything.

I think the ipod touch is the biggest gimmick ever. Why not just buy the phone then? Theres really no point in buying that product when if you like it in the first place, just get the phone which is 5x better because it is modable, you can make calls, and text people.

Although itunes sucks and is a horrible program the 120GB ipod is the best thing on the market now IMO.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
there's a 120gig zune. how is that not superior?

also, i don't have a smartphone, and i don't really like carrying around my laptop since it's a larger one with shorter battery life. so killing 2 birds with 1 stone and grabbing an mp3 player that has internet and video capabilities seems like a good deal. and then i can save 300 dollars and not buy an iphone especially considering i already own a phone. so yeah, thanks for the input, poffy, but i know what i want from an mp3 player so i'm debating between the models i listed.

found out zune hd has wifi so the only difference between that and the sony product is that zune can play flac but the walkman is drag-and-drop so i don't have to deal with bad software bull****. hmm.

Top Bottom