• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

trademark0013

Smash Champion
i'm back to pad for a bit sadly. even tho i'm not used to the stick yet (no homo), i liked the way it handled (x2).

my mk button doesnt register at times, nor my h's. which are soooo important. i'll stick with pad into the summer. not sure if i should get a TE or mod. modding sounds more fun and maybe swift can help

on the plus side, i get to play pad viper :)

ThreeX

Smash Lord
i'm back to pad for a bit sadly. even tho i'm not used to the stick yet (no homo), i liked the way it handled (x2).

my mk button doesnt register at times, nor my h's. which are soooo important. i'll stick with pad into the summer. not sure if i should get a TE or mod. modding sounds more fun and maybe swift can help

on the plus side, i get to play pad viper :)
what happened to your stick? and was is it an SE?

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yea madcats basic. idk what happened, buttons jus wore out i guess

i also hate that phase where u kno what players are gonna do but cant stop it. lack of exp i'm guessin
yeah dude, you should just buy new buttons. Sanwa's are like.. 2.50 each I think? @lizardlick.com

Yeah.. bums online are annoying, if that's what you're talkin about... just try to bait **** out and let THEM kill themselves.

romannnn<3 nice sig btw.. too cute lmaooo

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
so other than mogwai who plays melee in Stamford/Greenwich area?

have you guys played zach buchbinder aka Book!
i'm about even with him in skill level

need some variety instead of constant rapeage i'd rather lose to a collection of people lol.

lol at all the street fighter discussion. sorta like the st louis boards spamming pokemon stuff.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
dif characters, but doesnt matter who i am.

and itll be random ish i didnt kno for the longest. for example, i didnt kno i had to block xups high till recently.

and i'll get beat by random things that i c, but cant stop cuz idk how. for example, i'll kno someones gonna command grab but ill get hit with hit cuz idk what can stop it. or i n jump, but f up a link when i hit him.

or someone will wake up dp and the same thing will happen. its jus little stupid things that work cuz i havent been playing the game long enuff, thats really it. its not like i'm geting tricked or anything

ThreeX

Smash Lord
dif characters, but doesnt matter who i am.

and itll be random ish i didnt kno for the longest. for example, i didnt kno i had to block xups high till recently.

and i'll get beat by random things that i c, but cant stop cuz idk how. for example, i'll kno someones gonna command grab but ill get hit with hit cuz idk what can stop it. or i n jump, but f up a link when i hit him.

or someone will wake up dp and the same thing will happen. its jus little stupid things that work cuz i havent been playing the game long enuff, thats really it. its not like i'm geting tricked or anything

yeah, against certain characters.. don't even go for links.. especially gief/t hawk. Just keep him out with normals... and make sure you're getting your anti airs, 'cause if you let them in.. that could be the match :\ Just stick with easy combos that you know you won't mess up. About that wake up DP bull ****.. yeah idk man, just try to bait it out.. dance around their body on wake up to bait that DP out, and if you get them to stop doing wake up DPs.. then you can start applying wake up pressure.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I dunno much about it, tbh.
But. I view it kind of like fan fiction. It just seems to me that these people are kind of desparate to apologize for brawl... it's like they're simultaneously saying it sucks and defending it. I just don't see the point of a SUPER SRS PROJECT to replace Brawl's physics/game mechanics with Melee's. Do you really want to play an L-canceling ROB that bad? It's always going to look like some weird freak frankenstein of a game that is somehow worse than both melee & brawl.
But, whatever. I just don't want to see any P:M or B+ or B- or whatever setups at my melee tournies :mad::mad::mad:
:3 I believe you are looking at it all wrong, but you are also entitled to your opinion that I find no problem with.

-DD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
One day I'll get the time to read through this thread... I really wish that 1/2 of the posts I haven't read yet were about street fighter so I could just ignore those.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
errr, I feel unwanted... xD uhh, yeah trademark with chun.. some matches require you to turtle. Her standing HP is ******** good, along with her standing MP. If a character jumps over your fireballs, jus try to standing fierce them in the mouth. I know that works against rog, that's what ****s on him anyways lol. Uhh.. for a punisher with her, i think you should just do close standing HK (it looks like a knee) then cancel it into ex legs, i don't know much about her though, sry dude. I guess i'll chill with the sf talk? lol trademark if want you can just hit me up on aim or some sheeeeeyat. People need to get 360 or i need to get a ps3 >_>

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
One day I'll get the time to read through this thread... I really wish that 1/2 of the posts I haven't read yet were about street fighter so I could just ignore those.
Well, they have been. If I didn't post there would probably be entire pages about SSF4. One after the next.
-DD

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
you guys can talk about whatever you want, but there is little reason for several of us to post while the topic remains on ssf4

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
you guys can talk about whatever you want, but there is little reason for several of us to post while the topic remains on ssf4
Lets talk about how ****ing sexy SleepyK is then.
Dayum. Its been way too long since we talked about that.

-DD

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Almost done with Playthrough 2 of Borderlands.

Allllright.

Once I get to the Vault, I'm turning right around and getting my level 48 T.K.'s Wave. I'll be so happy.

SleepyK

Lets talk about how ****ing sexy SleepyK is then.
Dayum. Its been way too long since we talked about that.

-DD
convo over.

now, for how sexy DD is.....
prepare for the next 40 pages to be filled

Almost done with Playthrough 2 of Borderlands.

Allllright.

Once I get to the Vault, I'm turning right around and getting my level 48 T.K.'s Wave. I'll be so happy.
the unique weapons scale according to your level?

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
the unique weapons scale according to your level?
Sort of. Basically, once you start the second playthrough, enemies levels become higher. So, for example, when you fight Nine Toes on the first playthrough, the Clipper that he drops will be like a Level 7 item, with minimal damage and stats.

Second playthrough, when you fight Nine Toes he's like a Level 30 enemy, and his item is equally buffed to match his boosted stats.

Once you get to the last boss in Playthrough 2, all other enemies levels reset again, and now Nine Toes is (I'm guessing), at least a Level 48, and so his Clipper will now be Level 48 as well.

I'm also looking VERY MUCH forward to a Level 48 Whitting's Elephant Gun. It probably does like 1200 base damage.

TL;DR DPM+FP Yeah, they scale according to playthrough.

SleepyK

i see. is level 48 the max level for weaponscaling (at least without expansion packs)?

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I wish i could play single player games.. 'cause i would definitely get borderlands :\ I can't stick with single player games ever since I got live. It's sad, 'cause that's all I used to do in ps2.

how long would you say the borderlands campaign is?

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
For unique drops like quest rewards and boss weapon drops (Sledge's Shotgun, Boom Stick, etc), yeah, but for rare weapons (Orange, Dark Orange and Pearlescent color) they can go all the way up to 61 (or 60 without DLC, like me).

For example:

I wish i could play single player games.. 'cause i would definitely get borderlands :\ I can't stick with single player games ever since I got live. It's sad, 'cause that's all I used to do in ps2.

how long would you say the borderlands campaign is?
Dude you can play Borderlands co-op on live or offline if you prefer. I have a co-op character file specifically for when I play with my fiance.

If you don't do the sidequests? You can get through the first playthrough of Borderlands in anywhere from like 15-30 hours depending on your skills. Doing all the sidequests in one playthrough could take about sixty hours.

Doing all the sidequests AND both playthroughs AND getting stuff after the second playthrough (aka Playthrough 2.5), and you could be looking at somewhere between 200-300 hours if you're really into it like some addicts. Oh yeah, and the three DLCs as well... can't forget those...

trademark0013

Smash Champion
man eff them hatin azz n*ggas. talk about this ish all day

i jus found out the beauty of her f.hk . so sexy. and i forget to hazanshu over fireballs. gotta keep that in mind. for punish i usually jus grab or sweep and start the mix up. tho she doesnt have a vortex so its usually str8 mindgames or unblockable in the corner.

u def need to get a ps3. lol
I wish i could play single player games..
only single player thing i do is manager mode in fifa or trials. lol.

o yea, cant wait to see all my negros tmrw equalsclosedparenthesis

Top Bottom