• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
from mago:
S: Akuma, Boxer, Ryu, Dictator, Sagat,
A+: Juri,Rufus Dudley, T.Hawk, Rose, Abel.
A: Chun Li, Cody, Ibuki, Dhalsim, C.Viper,
B+: Blanka,Seth, Dee Jay, Guile,
B: E.Honda, Fei Long, Cammy, Zangief, Gen,
C: Gouken, Ken, El Fuerte,
D: Makoto, Hakan,Claw
E: Dan, Guy, , Adon, Sakura

Adon and Guy bottom tier...

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
MvC3 aims to knock down the wall of complicated controls and open up the field of strategic fighting to all comers. This means fusing the accessible controls of TvC with tried and true MVC2 gameplay.

• The game has simplified launch attacks which are universally performed with one button, the Exchange button. This can also be pressed along with certain directions to slam opponents into the ground, leaving them susceptible to combos. Players can also hit the Exchange button in midair to tag in other team members on the fly. You can also counter exchange moves by guessing the correct exchange move to input at the same time as your opponent.
tried and true
BTW RPS NOW

S l o X

Smash Champion
Those two lists differ so much....
All that matters is that Dan, the best character in the entire series, is placed at the lowest tier. That way, when people use him in tourney, people freak out. I'm telling you, this is how Daigo is going to wreck Jwong.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yeah.. lol @ these little theory tier lists. If juri is going to be A+.. chun li should be in there also.. she's a dominator in super. Dudley should probably be lowered also, just down to A or somethin. Also, I don't know how I feel about Bison being at S? whatever. Here I go with that theory fighter, wall of text crap. Get @ me on xbl ---> Deeeeejay XL. screw you ps3 owners.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
yeah.. lol @ these little theory tier lists. If juri is going to be A+.. chun li should be in there also.. she's a dominator in super. Dudley should probably be lowered also, just down to A or somethin. Also, I don't know how I feel about Bison being at S? whatever. Here I go with that theory fighter, wall of text crap. Get @ me on xbl ---> Deeeeejay XL. screw you ps3 owners.
I really dont think Chun Li is top tier in super at all. Shes pretty good but her new Ultra does less damage than her old one so im happy about that.

I still think Dudley is really good due to his combo ability. Rufus, Rog, and Akuma are all still top IMO.

I think Bison is better in this game and PS3 is the system of choice for tournaments...not Xbox ring of death to every owner ever 360.

I still to this day think 360 is arguably one of the worst systems ever made in terms of reliability and exclusive games.

Every xbox owner that i know has had their system get ****ed up

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
speaking of which, i still know how to fix red ring of death issues.

ngage vs 3DO vs tapwave zodiac vs game.com

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I really dont think Chun Li is top tier in super at all. Shes pretty good but her new Ultra does less damage than her old one so im happy about that.

I still think Dudley is really good due to his combo ability. Rufus, Rog, and Akuma are all still top IMO.

about chun: Since when does having a strong ultra make you top tier? She got what she needed... she got a real good ultra, that actually does good dmg, idk what you're talking about. Ontop of it, she got a really good AA, and her standing strong is better.. Her zoning is still ****, along with her pokes.. she's a real good character in this game.

about dudders: yeeeah, so because a character can combo you means their top? You forgot to mention that dudders has no specials with invincibility, meaning.. no good reversals (besides ex. dp) Duds cannot deal with pressure at all, that's what he loses to. Sure.. when he gets in.. he's a beast. But certain characters have "get out of jail free cards" and can just bounce out of pressure, which brings you back to the footsie game. FYI dudley's footsies are mediocre.

-love u roman

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Good times with Zk, Noodles, and crew last night.

Since when does having a strong ultra make you top tier?
http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/

Sagat? Rufus? Akuma? Rog? Gief?

She got what she needed... she got a real good ultra, that actually does good dmg, idk what you're talking about.
Me either, you just said ultras that are not powerful don't make a character good.....

Ontop of it, she got a really good AA, and her standing strong is better.. Her zoning is still ****, along with her pokes.. she's a real good character in this game.
Agreed. I'm not denying the fact that shes good.

about dudders: yeeeah, so because a character can combo you means their top?
http://g4tv.com/videos/45620/How-To-Play-As-Dudley-In-Super-Street-Fighter-4/

2:20-2:35.

Have you played Ryu? Rufus? Sagat? Rog? How stupid easy is it for these characters to land an Ultra? Combo Ability into Ultra is important.

everytime i go on smashboards all i see is street fighter talk lol
Because its amazing. :)

I still to this day think 360 is arguably one of the worst systems ever made in terms of reliability and exclusive games.

Every xbox owner that i know has had their system get ****ed up
i'm pretty sure the worse system ever made was the ngauge
Good to know.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
360 is an amazing system, and it teaches responsibility.

Like your games? Good, don't be a ******* and knock the 360 around with a game inside.

Like your system? Good, don't let it overheat by excessively playing it.

Want to fix your systems without having to wait? Look it up online and take some initiative.

Oh yeah. And Monster Hunter Frontier. Aww yeah.
-DD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
360 is an amazing system, and it teaches responsibility.

Like your games? Good, don't be a ******* and knock the 360 around with a game inside.

Like your system? Good, don't let it overheat by excessively playing it.

Want to fix your systems without having to wait? Look it up online and take some initiative.

Oh yeah. And Monster Hunter Frontier. Aww yeah.
-DD
<3 When can we hang out? When are you going job hunting etc?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
<3 When can we hang out? When are you going job hunting etc?
I think I got a job today up in Wallingford.

I'm going to my high school today around 2:30 in middletown to play with those kids. Probably going to one of their houses after.

Also thinking of doing custom paintjobs on some controllers soon. Trying to make a good design though! D:

-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
T.T Why?
Its so much fun to make. I don't know about playing, but people seem to enjoy it.

Also,
2Pac is 2Gud.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZZku4oR4bI
>_>;
-DD
I dunno much about it, tbh.
But. I view it kind of like fan fiction. It just seems to me that these people are kind of desparate to apologize for brawl... it's like they're simultaneously saying it sucks and defending it. I just don't see the point of a SUPER SRS PROJECT to replace Brawl's physics/game mechanics with Melee's. Do you really want to play an L-canceling ROB that bad? It's always going to look like some weird freak frankenstein of a game that is somehow worse than both melee & brawl.
But, whatever. I just don't want to see any P:M or B+ or B- or whatever setups at my melee tournies :mad::mad::mad:

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Dreamcast is not horrible. It was not great but it doesn't suck. It was wayyyyy ahead of its time and came out before ps2...it had good sonic and sports games but it was toooo easily exploited, modded, and it was not marketed properly/well hence why it failed. You can literally download an iso to a cd-r and put it in the drive and it would load the game. Lol.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Sagat? Rufus? Akuma? Rog? Gief?
sure, sagat could combo into ultra easily. He also had the best projectile in the game, some of the best damage output in the game, he was an all around beast. Rufus was just stupid broken.. i could go on forever about that dumb character. Akuma? LOL! yeah.. his ultra is not what made him top tier. So you should edit your post and just delete that. Rog's ultra is whatever... that's not what made him top tier.

Me either, you just said ultras that are not powerful don't make a character good.....
that's not all I said about chun that made her good. Her footsies got improved, along with with a better AA. Not to mention 0 nerfs while most of the cast actually got nerfs? that's a buff in itself

Have you played Ryu? Rufus? Sagat? Rog? How stupid easy is it for these characters to land an Ultra? Combo Ability into Ultra is important.
sure, they're easy.. but that's not all those characters have. Look at cammy, she has a few setups to ultra.. why is she bad? Sakura, Ken, Viper, they all have many ways to combo into their ultra.. why are they not top tier?

:D

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Why is Rufus broken?
not broken, just ******** lol. Idk, he's just really annoying.. (this is all SF4, not super.. i havn't fought any rufus players yet in super) ex messiah kick has STUPID invincibility and you can fadc it into ultra1 for STUPID damage xD his dive kick is unreal... best dive kick in the game, along with a safe special (galactic tornado, which is -1 on block except for the EX version which is -2) which means that his pressure game is real good. He's just all around ********... lots of health, does alot of damage.. screw that fat ***.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yup! That trailer played when I saw Iron Man 2 and I freaked out. Nolan's the best, can't ****ing wait!

ps he's signed on to direct the next Batman movie ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
not broken, just ******** lol. Idk, he's just really annoying.. (this is all SF4, not super.. i havn't fought any rufus players yet in super) ex messiah kick has STUPID invincibility and you can fadc it into ultra1 for STUPID damage xD his dive kick is unreal... best dive kick in the game, along with a safe special (galactic tornado, which is -1 on block except for the EX version which is -2) which means that his pressure game is real good. He's just all around ********... lots of health, does alot of damage.. screw that fat ***.
don't forget j.HK -> EX Snake Strike in vanilla is basically an ultra combo in itself :laugh:

Top Bottom