• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Aesir

Smash Master
jesus christ no.

double or nothing is

Set 1
A > B

B: "DOUBLE OR NOTHING!"

Set 2
if A > B again, he gets double
if A < B, he gets nothing

it's a very simple concept, you're just money matching again for the amount that one player already owes the other. In the case of the one who owes money winning, nothing is achieved, since they are now even, but if the one who is owed wins, they receive double what they would have before.

S l o X

Smash Champion
jesus christ no.

double or nothing is

Set 1
A > B

Set 2

it's a very simple concept, you're just money matching again for the amount that one player already owes the other. In the case of the one who owes money winning, nothing is achieved, since they are now even, but if the one who is owed wins, they receive double what they would have before.
get that .sra to me :/

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
drSuper, you always come here when the word techno/electronic music has been mentioned! I miss you. :(

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
jesus christ no.

double or nothing is

Set 1
A > B

Set 2

Mogwai logic is ****ing ****.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Rules of Double or Nothing

Previous winner gets double
Previous winner gets nothing

I really can't fathom the reason anyone thinks different.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
you're abusing the meme, it doesn't make sense here

get that .sra to me :/
what? how? just like, bring an SD card next time you come to play with me and grab it. I don't have any way of getting **** off my wii.

ff13 is really hard compared to the other ffs
lol, ffs

also, I really highly doubt this. have you played FF1? I can't imagine a mainstream game even being remotely difficult in this day and age.

>=o Well you might as well call it a rematch then.
Pft.
-DD
it's much more descriptive than just a rematch. rematch carries no real meaning on the value of the match, double or nothing is very clear. also, successive double or nothings can result in higher value MMs being played.

i.e.
$1 MM, A > B
DoN ($1), A > B
DoN ($2), A > B
DoN ($4), A > B
DoN ($8), A < B, B gets off the hook paying nothing.

Mogwai logic is ****ing ****.
it's a definition, not logic. my logic is ****ing ****, but it's not currently on display.

Rules of Double or Nothing

Previous winner gets double
Previous winner gets nothing

I really can't fathom the reason anyone thinks different.
*high fives darc*

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
it's much more descriptive than just a rematch. rematch carries no real meaning on the value of the match, double or nothing is very clear. also, successive double or nothings can result in higher value MMs being played.

i.e.
$1 MM, A > B
DoN ($1), A > B
DoN ($2), A > B
DoN ($4), A > B
DoN ($8), A < B, B gets off the hook paying nothing.
I see what you mean there.
-DD

noodles

Smash Champion
my level is in the 50s on that one but iunno where to go . id play then not play again for months lol . i might just not be used to it but the battle system is hard in 13.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Isn't the real question why Garrett would ask for double or nothing if he was the one that won the first bet?
"In gambling, double or nothing is where a person loses a bet on an outcome and the parties agree to "double or nothing", which means that another wager is made on a new outcome with the same stakes as the original bet. If the winner of the first bet also wins the second bet, he/she has then won a total that is twice the original bet (which means that he won "double"). If the loser of the first bet wins the second bet, then he/she gets nothing and no longer owes money to the winner of the first bet. Among friends, payment on the first wager is sometimes postponed pending the result of the second wager."
So basically Garrett ****ed himself out of a dollar. Or something. lol I dunno/care

Cog, I'm an idiot, the IMAX theatre I saw was at the BOSTON Science Museum. LOL That place is the **** and it was even more so when I was younger. Virtual volley ball ftw.
Ah yeah ok. I love the Museum of Science, it's pretty ****. It's where I met Anthony Daniels lol. Saw the Star Wars, LOTR and Harry Potter exhibits too. But for the record that omni/imax theater does not play theatrical movies.
edit: Oh yeah and the company my wife used to work for had their holiday party there...rented out the whole place. We left the party area and explored the place with another couple. That night felt like an indie movie.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
It would be so sick if they did play theatrical movies in there. Pretty sure my head would explode inside that IMAX.

I saw Lance Armstrong doing some biking **** and it was pretty cool.

Another time I saw some animals and those animals were ******.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I've seen the lightning show at least 4 times. It's fantastic and I highly recommend it.

Edit: A buncha smashers should take a trip there lol. It'd be amazing.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
why did the double or nothing argument take 50 posts? >_>

also, cog, feel free to PM me with other stuff that's been answered because other than a few key things (I know the most recent episode actually did a good deal of answering more questions compared to the rest of the season, and then of course the explanation of the numbers), I guess I have missed out on what they've answered.

And then I'll tell you what I have seen, and I'll see what I missed. We're essentially playing LOST Boggle

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
drSuper, you always come here when the word techno/electronic music has been mentioned! I miss you. :(
Thus, you have summoned me! I miss everyone too!
Actually I started playing smash again a lil, I've been playing this game tremulous aaaaaa lotttttt

I missed the music posts but Justice ****ing *****
http://www.indieshuffle.com/hawa-–-d-a-n-c-e-justice-cover/

An electro-pop artist I've been digging lately is Miike Snow (specifically song Cult Logic)

Also I'm in an office and lol'd at the barrel roll thing dammit

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
why did the double or nothing argument take 50 posts? >_>

also, cog, feel free to PM me with other stuff that's been answered because other than a few key things (I know the most recent episode actually did a good deal of answering more questions compared to the rest of the season, and then of course the explanation of the numbers), I guess I have missed out on what they've answered.

And then I'll tell you what I have seen, and I'll see what I missed. We're essentially playing LOST Boggle
I'm not sure if I've ever played Boggle >_>

and like I said, I kind of have a problem with this mindset (Doc Jensen has had some good stuff to say about it) but I might just take you up on it anyways. <3 have faith in Lost

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Haha. Buying games.

I'm two gyms into Heart Gold right now.
*checks for a patch again*

-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yes, BUY...T.T

BUT

I"m guessing everyone is going to download those LEAKED Poke Mon DS Roms that came out today.
HA! They came out yesterday.
>=P!

And I kinda want to buy them...the Pokewalker seems pretty cool...

Otherwise, I don't feel compelled to buy anything until MHTri&CCPro. I don't feel like dancing around Anti-Piracy for Monster Hunter.

-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
have you played FF1? I can't imagine a mainstream game even being remotely difficult in this day and age.
This. FF 13 is not that hard from what ive seen.

Too good.

LOL

Isn't the real question why Garrett would ask for double or nothing if he was the one that won the first bet?
"In gambling, double or nothing is where a person loses a bet on an outcome and the parties agree to "double or nothing", which means that another wager is made on a new outcome with the same stakes as the original bet. If the winner of the first bet also wins the second bet, he/she has then won a total that is twice the original bet (which means that he won "double"). If the loser of the first bet wins the second bet, then he/she gets nothing and no longer owes money to the winner of the first bet. Among friends, payment on the first wager is sometimes postponed pending the result of the second wager."
So basically Garrett ****ed himself out of a dollar. Or something. lol I dunno/care
Sean wanted a rematch. Yeah, thats what I did Cog....you got me. I asked him for double or nothing after I just won. Good ****.

I might be at Battlegrounds tonight as well. If so, I'm going all Roy.
That ended fast. lol. ;) Roy is so bad. Marth just goes lol d tilt, u throw, u tilt, to whatever i want. he basically only really needs those three moves.

Top Bottom