• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
What's that rap song that remixes Party in the USA?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Oh yeah anything by Super Mash Bros is mad legit.

One of their songs is called, "Broseidon, Lord of the Brocean"

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Well its a preference thing. Some people don't use the control stick to jump and don't enjoy doing it accidentally. I know playing Lucario I'll take tapjump off because I don't want to accidently USmash/UAir, so I'll just hold up as I land and then tap A like a mother****er.
-DD
q11. Tap Jump ON or OFF?
On. The benefits of OFF are only the easiness of doing up attacks (usmash/utilt) without jumping. Try harder to avoid it, I never go ‘crap’ I just randomly jumped, because IT DOESN’T HAPPEN. Your hand coordination will learn to not JUMP. Deal with it.
But WHY have it on then? Well in the previous question I talked about dolphin slash as an out of shield attack. If you have tap jump off you have to LOWER YOUR SHIELD (from a jump or letting go of the button) TO ACTUALLY DO THE DOLPHIN SLASH, MAKING THE INVINCIBILITY FRAMES USELESS. With tap jump on, while holding the shield, just aim the joystick up and press b, you’ll buffer straight into it, never literally being ‘hittable‘. BRILLIANT. Tap jump also has effects on your shield breaker (q16).
If you're really good with your hands (either changing your control config or doing perhaps? uncomfortable things) (i.e. Tap Jump OFF with awesomeness) here's a topic with information on how to do it: HERE!
I loved this. Its so true. It applies with the gay MK as well with rising uair made easier and upb oos.

The Brawl community is so stupid sometimes. They are entertaining fellows.

However, I find that the Brawl players who KNOW and UNDERSTAND Melee is the better fighter are the more cooler crowd.

bolt, slox, sox-Kid who gave us a ride back from pound? He was mad cool yo.

Also, Swift is obsessed with the "yo I heard you like yo yos" picture. Its muy chistoso though haha

trademark0013

Smash Champion
@spawn

if u wanna get pumped for smash just listen to dont stop me now

my pump song of the week is daddy yankee - grito mundial

the video makes me wanna play soccer too. you should check it out

but if u wanna talk pop, quote me and i'll respond with a list fo what to check out.

and yea talk to swift about harder electronica

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
@spawn

if u wanna get pumped for smash just listen to dont stop me now

my pump song of the week is daddy yankee - grito mundial

the video makes me wanna play soccer too. you should check it out

but if u wanna talk pop, quote me and i'll respond with a list fo what to check out.

and yea talk to swift about harder electronica
It's not for smash. It's for other stuff that I'll talk to you at TBG if you wanna know. Bring your external/put a list in here if you don't mind.

I'm going to have my laptop with me/externals so people should bring any of their music that they want to share to TBG

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I loved this. Its so true. It applies with the gay MK as well with rising uair made easier and upb oos.

The Brawl community is so stupid sometimes. They are entertaining fellows.

However, I find that the Brawl players who KNOW and UNDERSTAND Melee is the better fighter are the more cooler crowd.

bolt, slox, sox-Kid who gave us a ride back from pound? He was mad cool yo.

Also, Swift is obsessed with the "yo I heard you like yo yos" picture. Its muy chistoso though haha

S l o X

Smash Champion
/: but hes cute

hey mogwai want to upload your .sra (from Wii64, which I'm GUESSING you use for your Smash64 on your Wii. .sra = your save file from it) for me? hope you have it :/

directory: ?:\wii64\saves

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Sup people. Dunno if there is some way to introduce myself, but yeah, I'm trying to get into Smash more competitively...and happen to be from CT.

So, hi!

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Hey where you from in CT? There's a meetup this Friday from 5pm to 3am in Vernon. :) Glad to meet you and hope you stick with smash. Also, CT mostly plays Melee so I hope you're into Melee.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Hey where you from in CT? There's a meetup this Friday from 5pm to 3am in Vernon. :) Glad to meet you and hope you stick with smash. Also, CT mostly plays Melee so I hope you're into Melee.
I'm from Torrington. I moved here from Long Island (unfortunately) about a year ago.

And yes, I do still play Melee. I play both, and I guess more so Brawl because of MLG picking it up, but yeah I play both consistently.

I'm hoping I can get to some of these meetups and what not soon. Can't tomorrow (as in, this friday, that's what I think you are refering to) because I'm going to a school function.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
With Zero Suit you're supposed to play with tap jump off, because it's REALLY important that you retain jumps for multiple uairs, and because her up+B out of shield isn't important, or used at all lol

It varies from character to character, really. Is that character's up+B OOS useful (Marth, Meta Knight, Samus, Bowser, Game and Watch, Sonic, etc), or do they have odd uses for tap-jump (100x easier MK uair chains)? Otherwise it's generally a better idea not to use it.

Also, a good way of comparing Marth's tapjump up+B vs shield-dropped up+B is to test it by shielding ROB's d-smash. OOS will beat it, shield-dropped will get hit before it even comes out.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Lucario has a useless UpB OOS. Hence Dazwa's explanation works just fine.
I can't think of any Melee characters to have tapjump off for...Sheik maybe?
-DD

S l o X

Smash Champion
DJ Eggz - To wonderland

get @ him

i love will smith

greatest actor / man alive

oh and rapper of course

so who am i teaming with at jams tourney: hazygoose bday extravaganza :D

Octave

Smash Ace
It's not for smash. It's for other stuff that I'll talk to you at TBG if you wanna know. Bring your external/put a list in here if you don't mind.

I'm going to have my laptop with me/externals so people should bring any of their music that they want to share to TBG
Does an iPod work?

Sup people. Dunno if there is some way to introduce myself, but yeah, I'm trying to get into Smash more competitively...and happen to be from CT.

So, hi!
Welcome to the thread! We have cookies!.. Well when I haven't eaten all of them :lick:

I'm from Torrington. I moved here from Long Island (unfortunately) about a year ago.
What's wrong with Long Island?
What's wrong with CT? :(

Edit: My pump up musicBetween the Buried & Me - Foam Born: The Backtrack + The Decade of Statues

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
POKEMON HEART GOLD LEAKED GET THE **** OUT MOTHER ****ERS HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAhaAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!
-DD

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Pendulum's entire "Hold Your Colour" album is a masterpiece.

Do NOT, however, listen to "In Silico," unless you like disappointment.

Though, Slam is a great track. Not their best, but I'm convinced they made it simply for combo videos.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Lol no no no I have nothing against either LI or CT. I just lived in Long Island so long that I really didn't want to move and it really hurt when I did.

No worries now, though, haha.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Yo, I'll legitly play Brawl with whoever. I'm just worst at that than I am at Melee and I don't enjoy it nearly as much. My list of enjoyment goes like this: Melee > SSB64> Brawl + > Watching any of the past 3 > Brawl. I only play fast characters like Diddy though, everyone else is basically Jiggs.

^random rant

Anthony Detres <- add me on facebook. dont mind my picture, that's gonna change sometime next week :D

Top Bottom