• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
so we really need to set up a nicktoons station at a tournament someday.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
When I worked at comcast, I lived on the gameshow network. It was the only watchable channel on daytime television. I really enjoyed press your luck and block buster.
well stated. i had free digital cable for 3 months, which was extremely disappointing except for nhl on versus and the gameshow network any other time.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I feel your pain Mogwai, I didn't have cable when I was a kid either. My afternoon TV watching consisted of Sailor Moon at 3:30 on UPN.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I have the VR Troopers Toys still. Get at me.

along with Ghostbusters, X men, spiderman, power rangers, batman, star wars, centurions, bravestar, heman, Stretch armstrong, and Pee Wees playhouse.

Melee.....who wants to play????

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'll play, come on over Garrett. ;P I got school at 8am Wednesday though so you have to leave at like 10pm. Aka, you'd get to play for like 2 hours. xD

S l o X

Smash Champion
too much old around these parts

rugrats, ren and stimpy, animaniacs, some looney tunes stuff uhhh angry beavers and doug at one point and most of all rocket power

a lot more but i really didnt have tv until i was 5+ (moved to ct) and most i cant remember off the top

tmnt turtles in time was the game i played as a kid

get@me oldies

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I'll play, come on over Garrett. ;P I got school at 8am Wednesday though so you have to leave at like 10pm. Aka, you'd get to play for like 2 hours. xD

If we could do that teleport thing like Star Trek I'd be all over that ****. When are you free on Tuesdays and Thursdays? After 2pm i'm golden pretty much 90% of the time.

I was supposed to see this girl Jen tonight but shes got two big tests tomorrow. gay.

panzy

Smash Rookie
Rofl Nick is a pretty good guy when you realize his trolling is the same as endearment. I don't think I've seen him take a match too seriously, though. I mean, I almost beat his M2 with Bowser once.

In terms of the school.. well first off it is unisex. 100% male students. It sucked at first but then I got past it. Not that I enjoy being surrounded by dudes all day, but there's a lot less drama. Best part about it is that we play SSBM or B+ (nearly) every day after school. **** gets competitive, although most of the guys don't employ too much tech. We decided that the president of the club doesn't actually know how to play and that he just Sandbags. I should get him to start learning... and posting here.

Location is in my posts, cutie. ;]
gah hotness!!! All male must suck but yeah, less drama. I can live with that.

Dude. A club? You people are SO LUCKY! All I have is a friend who I play Brawl with (he doesn't play melee =/) but he's busy with his job/college stuff/life which kinda sucks. I have 2 other legit smashers in my school, one which switched to brawl and one that is still with melee. He actually showed me MILK and encouraged me to go. He couldn't make it tho. So yeah. That's the smash scene around here. CPUs ftw! (except not)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I love when girls have two big tests...

if you know what i mean.

Also, I'm usually free after 3pm on Tuesdays/Thursdays so that works out perfectly since it takes an hour to get here. I don't have class on Thursday/Friday so you could probably crash here if you came on a Thursday.

arcane9211

Smash Apprentice
How's the Smash scene at UConn? I'm probably transfering there in the fall (already got in).

...Not that this factors into my decision...

Need a roommate, too -_-

Octave

Smash Ace
gah hotness!!! All male must suck but yeah, less drama. I can live with that.

Dude. A club? You people are SO LUCKY! All I have is a friend who I play Brawl with (he doesn't play melee =/) but he's busy with his job/college stuff/life which kinda sucks. I have 2 other legit smashers in my school, one which switched to brawl and one that is still with melee. He actually showed me MILK and encouraged me to go. He couldn't make it tho. So yeah. That's the smash scene around here. CPUs ftw! (except not)
The club is great cause you can do homework in between matches (although most of the time I'm distracted by "that ****ing epic thing that just happened that we're all going to scream about for the next thirty seconds" that happens... about every thirty seconds.) and most of us know what we're doing. Me as ICs and my friend as Peach played for a continuous 45 minutes yesterday. Didn't get any homework done lol.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Luck had nothing to do with it! First I had to lead a hostile takeover of the previous regime running the club and playing lots of Halo and MTG and chess, having them abandon ALL OF IT and streamline smash was...a hurdle. I still don't consider a full victory since they still play on a few banned stages and with a couple items on, which I've just actually been informed of decreasing.

But after I got the teacher in charge of it to love smash, I had pretty much won. I also managed to gain position of club "President" without ever being elected, and removing the policy of election by naming myself the sole Emperor, and took it upon myself to name those who would take care of the club in my place.

When I went back to visit I was still considered of a higher authority than the actual president, so I guess it all works out.

I feel like the United States would be run better if I were in charge like that.

>=D
-DD

Octave

Smash Ace
*Wall of Text*
-DD
Lmfao this is too true. Remember in (your) sophomore year when all we did was play Guitar Hero 2 and Magic? Oh and Pokemon. You bred those Eevees for itamz. Did you ever get your shiny Umbreon? :o

Anyway it's a great time with the occasional freshman that gets ticked at losing and throws the controller that our current president was kind enough to donate.... God I hate that kid. Oh, those spoony freshmen.

Edit: I hated Flapjack at first and then it grew on me. Great show. Can't stand Chowder though, and Spongebob is ****ing irritating after a while.

panzy

Smash Rookie
lololol @DD and Octave XD i really should do something like that im my school.... lazy though

and parents. they videogames. and other stuff gets in the way too. blah blah blah XD
Is this like a daily thing though? You ever have any legit tourneys? Cuz i wouldnt mind getting in on some of that ;)

panzy

Smash Rookie
Lmfao this is too true. Remember in (your) sophomore year when all we did was play Guitar Hero 2 and Magic? Oh and Pokemon. You bred those Eevees for itamz. Did you ever get your shiny Umbreon? :o.
OHMIGOD pokemon is da ****! I still love it XD second best game eva (after melee, duh). AR is the way to go. I used to breed but yeah. took too long. and IVs were never up to expectations

Octave

Smash Ace
lololol @DD and Octave XD i really should do something like that im my school.... lazy though

and parents. they videogames. and other stuff gets in the way too. blah blah blah XD
Is this like a daily thing though? You ever have any legit tourneys? Cuz i wouldnt mind getting in on some of that ;)
It is daily (today the teacher wasn't there but we took the TV to another room anyway. we're supposed to have supervision but f that.) We never have tourneys but I'm going to try to get the four or five of us that are relatively serious about the game up to GROAT up in Uxbridge.

OHMIGOD pokemon is da ****! I still love it XD second best game eva (after melee, duh). AR is the way to go. I used to breed but yeah. took too long. and IVs were never up to expectations
I was EV training all vacation. Absol with 386 ATK, Swords Dance and Life Orb is absolutely amazing. I could probably OHKO a M2 with Sucker Punch. Starting my Salamence right now. I wanted to train it from Salamence alone so I'm jacking my brother's AR and getting rare candies.

Top Bottom