• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Someone should come over and play Melee with me today.

I have all day off.

PM me or post if interested. Anytime works, just need to know ahead of time.

I'm fiending Melee.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Did anyone hate Godfather part II as much as I did?
Yeah man. Because Robert Deniro and Al Pacino were absolutely horrible in that movie. It was so stupid to show Italys history and the history of the Corleone family. I didn't want to see Michaels father raised at all. Completely pointless.

Are you kidding me? I might've accepted that you hated Part III because plenty of people do. But Part II? Are you on crack?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah man. Because Robert Deniro and Al Pacino were absolutely horrible in that movie. It was so stupid to show Italys history and the history of the Corleone family. I didn't want to see Michaels father raised at all. Completely pointless.

Are you kidding me? I might've accepted that you hated Part III because plenty of people do. But Part II? Are you on crack?
Dude, I LOVED De Niro in the film as the young Corleone. In fact, the whole movie should have been about his rise to power. Instead two thirds of it is about Michael and a bunch of lackluster characters that I couldn't possibly care less about.

You want to explain to me how I'm supposed to possibly like a movie with such an uninteresting story and annoying enemies like Pentangeli and Hymen Roth? Or the horrible twist that it was Fredo that betrayed Michael. Everything involving De Niro was great, too bad it's only about a third of the film. I hated the rest so much.

and before I saw part II, I rewatched The Godfather and I absolutely loved it all over again. My eyes never left the screen once in three hours. EVERY character in it was great, EVERY character had an important role in the story. EVERY character was memorable. During Part II, however, I constantly looked at the time wondering when the movie was going to end. It was painful watching it at one point. I think this is because I saw the first one right before. I bet if I hadn't I would have enjoyed part II just a little bit more. But as it is, compared to the first one, part II is a staggering disappointment. I will never watch that movie again.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Why do people like Inglorious Basterds?

I'm not being sarcastic or facetious, and I'm not going to argue with your opinions. I really want to hear why people like that movie, because I just don't see anything enjoyable in it.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I'm a huge Tarantino fan (as are most people in this thread it seems). Pulp Fiction is one of my very favorite films, and I greatly enjoyed Kill Bill and to some extent Reservoir Dogs (although it's overrated imo). I dunno, I just love the way Tarantino makes movies. His style is so unique and fun that I'd love just about any story he decided to tell. It just happens that the story in Inglorious Basterds was a great one.

Jam, are you really telling me there wasn't a SINGLE scene in the movie you liked? Come on you had to have enjoyed at least one moment in it.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Then you're never going to understand why anyone likes it.
There are plenty of things I don't enjoy that I can understand why others do. That's what I'm asking: Why do you enjoy this, because it's not readily apparent to me.

I'm a huge Tarantino fan (as are most people in this thread it seems). Pulp Fiction is one of my very favorite films, and I greatly enjoyed Kill Bill and to some extent Reservoir Dogs (although it's overrated imo). I dunno, I just love the way Tarantino makes movies. His style is so unique and fun that I'd love just about any story he decided to tell. It just happens that the story in Inglorious Basterds was a great one.

Jam, are you really telling me there wasn't a SINGLE scene in the movie you liked? Come on you had to have enjoyed at least one moment in it.
I think Pulp Fiction is a great movie as well.

As for scenes, there were alot of scenes that started off well (The Bear Jew scene, the tavern scene) that went off the tracks for me.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
There are plenty of things I don't enjoy that I can understand why others do. That's what I'm asking: Why do you enjoy this, because it's not readily apparent to me.

I think Pulp Fiction is a great movie as well.

As for scenes, there were alot of scenes that started off well (The Bear Jew scene, the tavern scene) that went off the tracks for me.
What was wrong about the tavern scene? I think it's one of the best scenes in the film.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
What was wrong about the tavern scene? I think it's one of the best scenes in the film.
Find a flaw in the opening scene. Seriously. Try.
Both scenes had the same problem: They were too long. Both scenes could have been half as long as they were and communicated the exact same thing, more effectively I think. Inglorious Basterds would have been majorly improved with better editing.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Dude, I LOVED De Niro in the film as the young Corleone. In fact, the whole movie should have been about his rise to power. Instead two thirds of it is about Michael and a bunch of lackluster characters that I couldn't possibly care less about.

You want to explain to me how I'm supposed to possibly like a movie with such an uninteresting story and annoying enemies like Pentangeli and Hymen Roth? Or the horrible twist that it was Fredo that betrayed Michael. Everything involving De Niro was great, too bad it's only about a third of the film. I hated the rest so much.

and before I saw part II, I rewatched The Godfather and I absolutely loved it all over again. My eyes never left the screen once in three hours. EVERY character in it was great, EVERY character had an important role in the story. EVERY character was memorable. During Part II, however, I constantly looked at the time wondering when the movie was going to end. It was painful watching it at one point. I think this is because I saw the first one right before. I bet if I hadn't I would have enjoyed part II just a little bit more. But as it is, compared to the first one, part II is a staggering disappointment. I will never watch that movie again.
Of course it's not going to be better than the first godfather....that's a given. You could pretty much say that about any movie ever made for the most part aside from the Alien and Terminator series. Fredo betraying Michael was pretty much a given and you'd have to be dumb as crap to not see that coming. Theres just little bits of amazingness in that movie. The fact that he kills his own brother and hides it behind the rest of his family is pretty **** if you ask me.

I also really enjoyed the segment about his wife in Italy and how they got married and she died etc etc. The movie was more over just a little history of the Corleone family more so than progressing the story IMO. It all depends on how you look at it I guess. It was definitely better than Part III though. That's a fact. The only part about III that I liked was when the Helicopter raided the ballroom.

I'm attending that.

And Apex

and Cat 5

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Of course it's not going to be better than the first godfather....that's a given. You could pretty much say that about any movie ever made for the most part aside from the Alien and Terminator series. Fredo betraying Michael was pretty much a given and you'd have to be dumb as crap to not see that coming. Theres just little bits of amazingness in that movie. The fact that he kills his own brother and hides it behind the rest of his family is pretty **** if you ask me.

I also really enjoyed the segment about his wife in Italy and how they got married and she died etc etc. The movie was more over just a little history of the Corleone family more so than progressing the story IMO. It all depends on how you look at it I guess. It was definitely better than Part III though. That's a fact. The only part about III that I liked was when the Helicopter raided the ballroom.
But that's what I've been trying to say, the majority of people ACTUALLY THINK PART II IS AS GOOD AS, IF NOT BETTER, THAN THE GODFATHER. I think those people are insane personally. Yeah, I'm going a bit farther and saying I also strongly disliked the film because of the hype surrounding it also. And if we could see Fredo's betrayal a mile away, doesn't that weaken the point of it in the first place? Did you see ANY of the betrayals in the first Godfather coming? Did ANY of what happened feel shallow and uninteresting?

Jam- what Mogwai said. The length of those scenes was perfect for what ended up happening in both of them. That was kind of the point.

gotpho

Smash Cadet
Why do people like Inglorious Basterds?

I'm not being sarcastic or facetious, and I'm not going to argue with your opinions. I really want to hear why people like that movie, because I just don't see anything enjoyable in it.
I like it but not as much as Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. As usual, the way he delivers the dialouge is very intense. The scenes are also filled with a lot of suspense. The only problem I had with this movie is that the dialouge didn't really developed the characters. I really didn't give a crap when a character died and the humor was a bit dry.

Also...it wasn't brutal enough :ohwell:

panzy

Smash Rookie
yep, new smasher here =) thanks to DD for showing me this thread. I'm really new to the smash community so I look forward to posting here. I live in MA, not Connecticut, but that's okay.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
yep, new smasher here =) thanks to DD for showing me this thread. I'm really new to the smash community so I look forward to posting here. I live in MA, not Connecticut, but that's okay.
What town in MA are you in? Don't think you told me =P.

ALSO:

I usually hate Brawl Machinema(sp?), but this is just too good...and only a minute long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxRT---DUDU

-DD

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Why did I not find out until two days ago that G&W's up-b hits frame 1?

If I'm not mistaken, that makes it the fastest out of shield in the game. Too good.

Top Bottom