• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

trademark0013

Smash Champion
I wasn't as open to meeting someone they had in mind until we were at the mall last month and we all checked out the same girl XD
this is why u should have jumped up when they sad theyre gonna look for a wife for u
I really do know her, she's one of my wife's best friends. But I wouldn't really set you up with her. She's a bit too immature for a serious relationship. And her parents are insane.
her name wouldnt happen to be jenny would it?
*only bengali(?) chick i kno. hopes for coincidence*

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It only snowed here like a few inches last night, so I got up early this morning to quickly shovel off our driveway and all the snow was gone. It was definitely like 10 degrees all night so I'm going to just assume that it was so dry and cold it all evaporated :dizzy: Winter is pretty much the worst, despite pretty pictures
It was the wind.

WPI has a wind tunnel between 2 buildings. I was stupid enough to walk through it on my way to class.

I hate my life and my frozen face right now.

how did you lose her? and what makes your parents think she's in Bangladesh?
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

And her parents are insane.
RUN AWAAYYYYYY

[............................fuuuuuuuu-, why were they RIGHT, though???? long story XD]
As long as your parents are sane and looking out for your best interest they tend to be right at least 90% of the time, barring some sort of change in either the girl you're dating or their opinion of her.

I learned this with an ex-girlfriend. Except I agreed with them that she was a pain in the *** not worth my time while I was dating her, I just kept her around because it was something to keep me busy...and I always found her drama/stories/problems so hilariously trivial and amusing.

I don't know whats wrong with Jam's mother, but she must not have met the criteria.
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I'm personally against it but I can see how it's so insanely cultural that it's easy to just be ignorantly against it.... deep stuff.
And the "is she hot" thing is like the very least of all worries lol

eta DD I know it was the wind :p it's just weird how it all dissipated so quickly because it was so dry instead of collecting in drifts

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
her name wouldnt happen to be jenny would it?
*only bengali(?) chick i kno. hopes for coincidence*
Haha, that's not her name. Although it would have been pretty cool if it was the same girl.

I don't know whats wrong with Jam's mother, but she must not have met the criteria.
-DD
It's not so much the criteria thing. I decided a long time ago that my mother wasn't going to influence who I dated. It's my mother's behavior that has led me to distance myself from her, not her approval (or lack thereof) for my wife.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It's not so much the criteria thing. I decided a long time ago that my mother wasn't going to influence who I dated. It's my mother's behavior that has led me to distance myself from her, not her approval (or lack thereof) for my wife.
Hence the sanity criteria!
:D
*covered all options*

@cog
I've been in my room for like, 30 minutes now.
>=[ I'm still cold. This is the worst day of my life, weather-wise.

-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I don't think I said anything about Pound 4. I was fortunate enough to mostly avoid you at that tourney.

If you'd been a nice guy all along and just suddenly started acting ********, the stuff you say about trolling me might be believable, but you've been f**king stupid and insufferable all along, even when I made ill-advised attempts to be nice to you or defend you. It's been obvious to me for a long time that your SWF "persona" is actually the real you, but you would never act that way off the boards because you want to avoid confrontation. Coincidentally, the few people who have actually spent a lot of time around you and gotten to know you are completely irritated by you. I'm not you, so I won't drop names.

I could hardly care less what you think about me, but I'm curious as to when you'll finally just give up and remove yourself from the community. I'm seriously amazed at the sheer number of people you've managed to annoy or alienate. OH wait it's fine because you were just trolling. Right.

Just Keep Swinging.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
you mean taste of the love
Definitely of the love.

/DJ Nintendo

efffff haha well good lookin out anyway XD

Cog: I'm with ya man; I'm not down with arranged marriages at all.

I don't wanna get too into it right now cuz I gotta get to work but after all the **** that I've gone through with my parents when it comes to my relationships, this is a welcome change....from...you know..being told every single day of the 2 1/2 years you spent with a (white atheist) girl that you were making a mistake and hurting your parents.

anyone's guess as to what the main stress on the relationship was >_>

[............................fuuuuuuuu-, why were they RIGHT, though???? long story XD]
Not a long story, but a...

COOL STORY, BRO!

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
yhup yhup.

does anyone want to play smash brothers today?

text 860-331-0837 and maybe we can get together for some friendly competitive gaming. <-- this is mike brookman
Obviously "friendly competitive gaming" is a euphemism for buttsecks.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
It was the wind.

WPI has a wind tunnel between 2 buildings. I was stupid enough to walk through it on my way to class.

I hate my life and my frozen face right now.

-DD
omg I had to walk through there all the time... you better get used to it or take the long way around. Actually what you can do is just walk straight through Higgins front to back.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
omg I had to walk through there all the time... you better get used to it or take the long way around. Actually what you can do is just walk straight through Higgins front to back.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Dang. I wish I knew that.

Sandra is bringing me my scarf..or two or something, tomorrow.
I should be all set.
-DD

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
In other news:

My parents are in Bangladesh right now looking for my wife.
whoa whoa whoa...a bengali/bangladeshi form georgia? one of my best friends is from bangladesh and goes to georgia tech. you wouldn't happen to know a mahfuz, eh? now i'm REALLY pissed i haven't met you yet! soon enough...

I had to choose between maintaining my relationship with my wife or my mother. That was a pretty easy choice for me.
no arbitrary relations for the one and only jamil. man is loyal and moral in all the right places for all the right reasons. *pound*

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Breaking news:
Sandra is now "not allowed to go to college" by decree of her mother, because Sandra did not check over all of her 11 year old brother's homework, and make sure he did his, while she was searching for a college to take her without a SSN.

In the meantime, Sergio, the little brother, has been given a new PC, a PS3, and CoD:MW2.

Parenting isn't her mother's strong suit, I've learned.

-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
*pound* to my Four Swords brother.

Tried Continuum Shift Hazy?

EDIT- You'd all better be watching Caprica!

toasty

Smash Hero
LOL where is he originally from?

I might know him by a different name since most brown kids have a nickname that friends/family/family friends refer to them as and then a proper name which is their legal name found on all relevant documentation...my dad, for example, is called "Mukul" by friends and family but that name isn't found anywhere on any documents. Instead, his legal name is Muhammad Ali Siddiky [yeahhh son, Muhammad Ali XD...but that a**hole totally lied to me as a kid and said he was a boxer ;__;]

in all likelihood, I don't know this Mahfuz...but if his dad is a doctor then I might know his dad hahaha

oh and someone mentioned it before, but yeah I'm definitely lucky that my parents are actually really ****ing chill and are all about "my best interests"...and they're relatively sane...so let's see what happens!

They come back in a week...

It's weird that I'm actually anxious about this. I would have been totally against it a few years ago.

edit: DD that's terrible >_<

pockyD

Smash Legend
is your race of people scarce enough that you don't get confused when people ask you if you know a specific person? (seriously asking)

like if someone asks me if i know ching chong bing bong just because i'm chinese or rusty wrangler because i'm from texas, it's very amusing to me

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I just downloaded Tatsunoko VS Capcom. Totally maining megaman and Ryu.

I dont know tier list yet. I just love my Sf characters and megamans awesome.

toasty

Smash Hero
is your race of people scarce enough that you don't get confused when people ask you if you know a specific person? (seriously asking)
I'm kinda on the tail end of that generation where asking if I know Akhmed Dasguptaroychowdury isn't terribly strange.

Well, no...I take that back.

It rarely yields results NOW but when I was growing up there was definitely a good chance that either I knew them or my parents at least knew of theirs. But in the last 15 years there has been a significant influx of Bengali immigrants. But if the person is around my age, I give it a shot anyway.

Oh and the reason I noted that his friend's parents being doctors would increase the chances of me knowing them is because for about 15 of the first 21 years of my life, I would go with my family to the annual BMA* meeting in the summer (Bangladesh Medical Association...now BMANA to add "North America"). So a lot of Bangladeshi doctors from all over the continent would go to these with their families; I basically had friends all over the country that I "grew up with" by seeing them each summer and I would also meet a lot of new kids each year...it was pretty amazing =D [haven't been to one in years but I think it's in Vegas this year around 4th of July so **** yeaaaah I'm goin XD]

*Read if you're interested :)
It's a conference that was founded by my dad and some of his classmates/upper classmen at Dhaka Medical College who ended up moving to the States. They convene each year to share research and plan/execute charity work [a product of which is Project Bangladesh - http://projectbangladeshonline.org/ which builds/funds free clinics in the slums/villages of Bangladesh]. The conference is also intended to keep the community close as well as keeping others connected to the Bangladeshi community who might not have one relatively close to where they live. There's Bangladeshi food/dancing/songs and stuff put on by adults/kids throughout the weekend so it helps to keep the culture alive and educate Americanized brownies like myself on "where we come from."

Toasty should totally get on AIM.

Like srsly
I just closed my store at 11:30, when I started writing this post...but now I'm about to go to SleepyK's for a fest ^_^
big perm ftw
*pound* =D

Top Bottom