• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
If it makes you feel any better thumbs, I watched it recently and loved it.
I GIVE YOU A HUG

I love you thumbs, but I'm with Ejo on this one. My friend put it best: Inglorious Basterds is just Quentin Tarantinto jerking himself off for 2 1/2 hours. That movie could have easily been an hour shorter. It still would have been terrible, but at least it wouldn't have been too long.

That bar scene was frakking absurd.
Suddenly our anime conversation makes a lot more sense.

I don't understand how someone could watch Do The Right Thing and come away unaffected.

For the record, my top 3 Tarantino are:
PF
IB
RD
in that order.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I love you thumbs, but I'm with Ejo on this one. My friend put it best: Inglorious Basterds is just Quentin Tarantinto jerking himself off for 2 1/2 hours. That movie could have easily been an hour shorter. It still would have been terrible, but at least it wouldn't have been too long.
That seems like a better description of Kill Bill.

I haven't seen IB.

I finally saw the Hangover. I liked it, but I don't think it lived up to the hype I got from everyone around me.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
When i first heard of Avatar i thought it was the Last air bender but then when i saw the commercial for the first time i was like THE **** is this ****. Mom said "we're seeing that tomorrow and you have to go" and i was like "the hell i am" and she was like "you're going or no christmas for you" and i was like "but we're jewish" and she was like "don't make me lock you in the basement again" and i was like "****ing better not" and she's like "OH i will" and i said " I'LL join the military if you do" and she was like "go ahead i dare you" and i was like "FINE" and so i went out and joined the navy"
my mom was like "you mother ****er, It's *** beating time now" and i was like "I'm ****ing 20 years old. you can't do this **** to me anymore" and she was like "The hell i can't, I brought you into this world i can take you out of it" and I was like "you're full of it" and she's like "boy I will beat you so hard that you won't remember which one is your head and which is your ***"I can run away before that happens" and she's like "can't run away from my Dakota T-76 Sniper Rifle" and I'm like "WTF why the hell do you have that?" and she was like "for this moment" and i'm like "FINE I'll go see that ****ing movie!!!" and that is the reason i'm going to go see AVATAR
Looool.
I think I'll draw what was in my head as I read that later.
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Reservoir Dogs was the first Tarantino film I saw and I ****ing loved it...Pulp Fiction was hyped like craaazy and I had seen parodies of various scenes and heard a good chunk of awesome dialogue before I ever saw the movie....so I was kinda let down :( It's still good, but I'm sad I didn't get to go into it with a fresh mind not knowing what to expect [the Tarantino style of ****ing timelines in the ***, for example]

IB was AWESOME. The actor who played the "villain" was brilliant. Pitt was a total ham, but he was meant to be, so that was entertaining as hell to watch. There was a good amount of way-over-the-top stuff but it was filmed in an over-the-top way; it was meant to be "ridiculous."

oh well...can't please everyone...

I will say this, though:

It ain't no Tropic Thunder.

[btw, for anyone who says THAT movie is bad, I'm willing to bet that you saw the extended/unrated version on DVD...you know...the one with the deleted scenes that weren't in the original theatrical release because they were....terrible? Which is why they were deleted in the first place?! If you ever have the option to, watch the DVD of Tropic Thunder that has the movie poster as its cover, with the Black/Downey/Stiller on the cover...****ing brilliant movie.
I've seen RD twice, and while I liked it, I don't think it deserves all the praise it gets. Sure it's good, but it sure as HELL isn't close to Pulp Fiction. I really have no idea how one could not realize the amazingness of PF, it's one of the best films ever made.

Glad to see you loved Tropic Thunder, I saw that in theaters and laughed till I cryed. But holy **** you bring up a good point, one of my co-workers said he saw it with his wife on dvd and hated it. The rest of our office was like @_@ wtf is wrong with you?! LOL you might have just explained why.

That seems like a better description of Kill Bill.

I haven't seen IB.

I finally saw the Hangover. I liked it, but I don't think it lived up to the hype I got from everyone around me.
It's one of those movies you had to see for yourself in theaters, meaning not knowing whether it was going to be hilarious or stupid. I saw it opening day, and even with the great reviews it was receiving I was unsure if it could really push the envelope. But it did, I think that's one of the best comedies I've ever seen.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
This thread is so ridiculous, it's mad funny.

FIRST OFF IMO there is an insanely boring part in Inglorious Basters and it's when they're laying down the whole story for the ***** that owns the movie theater. That **** was boring as hell.

Secondly, the bar scene was AMAZING! It was so tense and you didn't know what the hell was going to happen. The movie needed more of the basterds because they were in like half the movie.

Now for Anime, ya'll trippin. The bad anime out there definitely outweighs the good, especially in America. But if you actually watch more of the animes that don't make it here, you'll see a lot of good anime. I suggest:

GURREN ****ING LAGAAN! (This is probably my favorite anime of all time, and they did show it on the sci-fi channel but **** that.)
Lucky Star (Comedy spoofing other animes, hilarious.)
Ouran Host Club (Just amazing.)
Higurashi (Some ****ed up **** with mad twisits)
Umineko (Super natural mystery anime)

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I GIVE YOU A HUG

Suddenly our anime conversation makes a lot more sense.

I don't understand how someone could watch Do The Right Thing and come away unaffected.

For the record, my top 3 Tarantino are:
PF
IB
RD
in that order.
Do the Right Thing was fine (not great, just fine) until the end. The same with Bamboozled, the same with He Got Game. Spike Lee isn't the worst director, but I think he's definitely more famous for being a black director than a good director.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
A 7 part series reviewing The Phantom Menace: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI
Maybe because I was 18 when it came out it's different but this thing is freaking brilliant. Yeah it's 70 minutes long but no johns I just watched the whole thing and I'm at work. Really good stuff.
I watched all of that with some New England Brawl ppl on the NEBrawl xat (xat's a chatroom where everyone can watch the same youtube vid at the same time), and it's very hilarious.

I was dying at :02 on the very first video. Seriously LOL

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I watched all of that with some New England Brawl ppl on the NEBrawl xat (xat's a chatroom where everyone can watch the same youtube vid at the same time), and it's very hilarious.

I was dying at :02 on the very first video. Seriously LOL
that's a really cool idea for a website, I didn't know that existed

also it gets better as it goes on, the last few segments are kinda amazing lol

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
A 7 part series reviewing The Phantom Menace: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI
Maybe because I was 18 when it came out it's different but this thing is freaking brilliant. Yeah it's 70 minutes long but no johns I just watched the whole thing and I'm at work. Really good stuff.
Watched the first 2 and so far so good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SPBJRzW2HM

the end of this gave me shivers when i first saw it.
I loved Toonami and those promos were awesome (music, voices, clips, everything). I loved Space is the Place (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRtSNyXzWzs) and Pardon Our Dust (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNp_LqsKBuk&feature=related).

I recently got Outlaw Star on DVD and am almost finished watching it with my girlfriend. I also have Gundam Wing, Trigun, and Escaflowne... all of which I had my gf watch and she liked them all (yayz!). She has Bebop so I don't need that, hah. I owe my original fondness of anime to Toonami (and partially the Sci-Fi channel which showed anime movies on the weekends in the morning way back when). Edit: Actually I think they played an anime movie every Saturday morning and an MST3K episode every Sunday morning... awesome.

Happy birthday Garrett!

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Ya'll *****s all need to watch Gurren Lagaan and Lucky Star definitely doesn't suck.

About Bayonetta, I have it pre-ordered and I am SO excited for it. I have high expectations and think it'll be better than anything from the DMC, God of War, and Ninja Gaiden series. (Besides MAYBE DMC3)

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
yeah. gurren progan is so beast. i'm about to start akagi, and if anyone wants to play mahjong against a black guy, let me know. japanese preferably (tenhou.net)

me being an religious literature major, i'm definitely looking forward to the dante's inferno game.

S l o X

Smash Champion
started watching gurren lagann and i is like.
any other recommendations? :\ (akagi was pro even though i didn't know/dont know how to play mahjong.
Theres another one by the...same guy? except its like...rock papers scissors, drags a bit but I liked it.
/: **** whether.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
yeah. gurren progan is so beast. i'm about to start akagi, and if anyone wants to play mahjong against a black guy, let me know. japanese preferably (tenhou.net)

me being an religious literature major, i'm definitely looking forward to the dante's inferno game.
Prog please never ever get rid of your Wicker Man sig.

OMFG that movie was literally having me in hysterics in ways unmatched since I first saw Mitch Hedberg live.

NOT THE BEEEESS!!! NOOO!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
YESSSS @ SciFi Channel Anime!!!

That's where I discovered Vampire Hunter D, IRIA The Zeiram Project, and a bunch of others [man that was a HELLA long time ago!]

Good times =D
Sci-Fi channel was the place I first saw anime as well (not counting Sailor Moon, DBZ and Pokemon). It was many years ago when they showed anime movies on Saturday nights. The very first one I saw was Tenchi Muyo in Love. I still love that movie, and I even own it.

Ya'll *****s all need to watch Gurren Lagaan and Lucky Star definitely doesn't suck.

About Bayonetta, I have it pre-ordered and I am SO excited for it. I have high expectations and think it'll be better than anything from the DMC, God of War, and Ninja Gaiden series. (Besides MAYBE DMC3)
I hope you're right. Bayonetta is the first 3-D beat-'em up that I'm buying, and I was really impressed by the demo.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I hope you're right. Bayonetta is the first 3-D beat-'em up that I'm buying, and I was really impressed by the demo.
The Japanese release has been getting amazing reviews overseas so I am pretty sure it will be. But DMC 3 is one of the best games I've ever played so I'm not so positive it'll be better than that. Here's a little snippet from one of the reviews Bayonetta got giving it a perfect score:

"It's a beautiful and graceful fighting game that lets imagination loose, and winks before slapping Dante, Kratos and every other hero back to the drawing board."

I also don't know how anyone can dislike gurren lagaan.

Top Bottom