• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
LOL ok good, I'm actually glad you didn't see that.

And movies are similar to anime in that most of them are bad. It's true, there are a lot more bad movies than good ones. Doesn't stop the medium from being amazing and entertaining when it's potential is fully realized. There just happens to be a lot less good anime than good movies haha

'Ejo'

Smash Rookie
I live in that big fat state Other Name: Larx
If you're referring to Inglorious Basterds I am putting you on my ignore list.
the first 15 minutes of the movie was just talk talk talk. the second part of the movie was like lets kill them ****ers and that was a good part. the next part was more talk talk talk talk talk. the part after that was the killer of my one sided brain becaue it was more talk talk talk talk and it was practically all in german. i mean it was like me watching crouching tiger hidden dragon again with no sword fighting. even though i should man it out and watch the rest. I find the amount i watched so far to be very sucky.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
well i'm sorry but most of the movie is in german and i just kept falling asleep when they just talk talk talk talk IN GERMAN. if the whole movie was in english maybe i could at least finish it and see all the good parts but no i kept dying at a boring part.
There isn't a single boring moment in that movie. The issue here isn't that the movie sucks, but rather that you have a problem with films in a language other than your own. If that's the case then don't even watch it in the first place. It's a great film, so you're missing out because of a dumb reason.

Also you really shouldn't be watching a Tarantino film if you don't enjoy a lot of dialouge in movies.

'Ejo'

Smash Rookie
There isn't a single boring moment in that movie. The issue here isn't that the movie sucks, but rather that you have a problem with films in a language other than your own. If that's the case then don't even watch it in the first place. It's a great film, so you're missing out because of a dumb reason.

Also you really shouldn't be watching a Tarantino film if you don't enjoy a lot of dialouge in movies.
i take away this post because it was gay

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
my friends (whose opinion I do NOT trust fully for the record) said it was very good. I am shocked at how they could like it if it truly is that bad.
Transformers/Transformers 2.
/topic

Swift forgot The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

Just saw it recently. Good flick!
Amen! So amazing.

Speaking of great anime, a great hentai is Rapeman. Its not even erotic, its just so bizarre...its like watching Captain Falcon wear a scarf over his face and **** people.
-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I love you thumbs, but I'm with Ejo on this one. My friend put it best: Inglorious Basterds is just Quentin Tarantinto jerking himself off for 2 1/2 hours. That movie could have easily been an hour shorter. It still would have been terrible, but at least it wouldn't have been too long.

That bar scene was frakking absurd.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Also have to highly rate Minami Ke. Great kind of light-hearted show.

On the total flipside the lady introduced me to this really effed up anime called Clubbed-To-Death Angel Dokuro-chan. Needless to say, the title pretty much explains the plot.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I was going to see Avatar tonight with Iron Chief (old Maine smash dude), but car issues = no ride :(
:( it's ok, seeing it tomorrow or Saturday will also be ****.

I love you thumbs, but I'm with Ejo on this one. My friend put it best: Inglorious Basterds is just Quentin Tarantinto jerking himself off for 2 1/2 hours. That movie could have easily been an hour shorter. It still would have been terrible, but at least it wouldn't have been too long.

NO Jam not you too :(:(:(:(

Well, do you dislike Tarantino in general?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
NO Jam not you too :(:(:(:(

Well, do you dislike Tarantino in general?
Pulp Fiction is amazing. I think of Tarantino as a guy who made one amazing film and a bunch of mediocre ones. Him and Spike Lee are in the same category for me: I can't figure out why anyone continues to give them money.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Pulp Fiction is amazing. I think of Tarantino as a guy who made one amazing film and a bunch of mediocre ones. Him and Spike Lee are in the same category for me: I can't figure out why anyone continues to give them money.
I guess when you put it like that it makes a little more sense. Pulp Fiction will always be his crowning achievement, but I found IG to be such a great film. I even saw it twice in theaters and I rarely do that with any movie. To each his own I guess.

SEE AVATAR TO REDEEM YOURSELF

lol jk but not really you better go see it

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Oh don't worry, my wife and I have already made plans to go see it this Sunday. Just gotta find a baby sitter.

'Ejo'

Smash Rookie
When i first heard of Avatar i thought it was the Last air bender but then when i saw the commercial for the first time i was like THE **** is this ****. Mom said "we're seeing that tomorrow and you have to go" and i was like "the hell i am" and she was like "you're going or no christmas for you" and i was like "but we're jewish" and she was like "don't make me lock you in the basement again" and i was like "****ing better not" and she's like "OH i will" and i said " I'LL join the military if you do" and she was like "go ahead i dare you" and i was like "FINE" and so i went out and joined the navy"
my mom was like "you mother ****er, It's *** beating time now" and i was like "I'm ****ing 20 years old. you can't do this **** to me anymore" and she was like "The hell i can't, I brought you into this world i can take you out of it" and I was like "you're full of it" and she's like "boy I will beat you so hard that you won't remember which one is your head and which is your ***"I can run away before that happens" and she's like "can't run away from my Dakota T-76 Sniper Rifle" and I'm like "WTF why the hell do you have that?" and she was like "for this moment" and i'm like "FINE I'll go see that ****ing movie!!!" and that is the reason i'm going to go see AVATAR

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I just played the Bayonetta demo. It's pretty cool; I think I'll buy it when it comes out in January.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
LOL the Tony Soprano impression was ON. POINT. Especially that random *** yell hahaha

:(

I think my feelings are hurt...

Different strokes, I guess...

Reservoir Dogs was the first Tarantino film I saw and I ****ing loved it...Pulp Fiction was hyped like craaazy and I had seen parodies of various scenes and heard a good chunk of awesome dialogue before I ever saw the movie....so I was kinda let down :( It's still good, but I'm sad I didn't get to go into it with a fresh mind not knowing what to expect [the Tarantino style of ****ing timelines in the ***, for example]

IB was AWESOME. The actor who played the "villain" was brilliant. Pitt was a total ham, but he was meant to be, so that was entertaining as hell to watch. There was a good amount of way-over-the-top stuff but it was filmed in an over-the-top way; it was meant to be "ridiculous."

oh well...can't please everyone...

I will say this, though:

It ain't no Tropic Thunder.

[btw, for anyone who says THAT movie is bad, I'm willing to bet that you saw the extended/unrated version on DVD...you know...the one with the deleted scenes that weren't in the original theatrical release because they were....terrible? Which is why they were deleted in the first place?! If you ever have the option to, watch the DVD of Tropic Thunder that has the movie poster as its cover, with the Black/Downey/Stiller on the cover...****ing brilliant movie.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i don't get how you can't enjoy reservoir dogs, jam. just seems like something you would like.

and if you think spike lee is a bad director watch get on the bus and get back to me. school daze and jungle fever are also really good...it's too bad he became a freedom fighter for stupidity this decade.

i have a friend who i just found out has never seen office space, the jerk, the matrix, and like 5 other movies in the same vein. movie watching party soon...speaking of the subject.

sigh...film/pre-law major. anytime i talk i feel like i'm either paraphrasing or being pretentious. oh well.

BUT HEY VIDEO THREAD TO MY TOURNAMENT
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258850
or check out www.youtube.com/hazygoose
:D i miss east coast. i suck again now.

Top Bottom