• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

ZoSo

Smash Champion
PFFFT more like Atma Weapon + Valiant Knife.

even Strago.
lol

My final team varied between a few combinations:
1) Terra, Celes, Edgar, Umaro (This was the first time I beat the game and didn't get Gogo)
2) Terra, Edgar, Gogo, Umaro (Terra + Gem Box and Economizer, with Gogo Mimicing her meant 4 Ultimas for 4 MPs. Too good)
3) Terra, Edgar, Shadow, Umaro (This was the team I used last, when I realized just how amazing Shadow is with the Genji Glove and Offering)

I always kept Terra as my magic user, and Edgar because of the chain saw. I used Umaro for the first time on my first play through when I went through the Fanatic's Tower. It was just so great to have a character that totally destroyed all the magi-queers.
How do you not use Gau?! He's so broken!!!

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
PoF are we doing our 5 game Money Match at RoM? Ill bring my ps3 if you bring a ps2 with 3s.

How much are we putting down?
I wish. I'm not going to ROM. We'll do it sometime when you go to Wes's and i'll come up.

just curious pof, do you know anybody who actively misses work to play smash?
not calling in sick or anything, like actually skipping work.
Not to sound like a tool but from my experience most smashers that I know really don't work often/are too young to or can't find a job.

I have taking PTO(Personal Time off) for smash tournaments. I know Cactuar missed like a week or two of work when he was in Cali for OCD.
This.

pto is normal

cactuar doesn't count, imo.
he's a cactus.
K

@Trade- That's Eric "Mangenius" for ya

also,

DID SOMEONE MENTION FINAL FANTASY VI?!
I can go to your tournament. :)

Hey Jam who's your favorite character in FINAL FANTASY VI?
This was funny. lol font size.

the answer is OBVIOUSLY umaro

what a beast
Umaro sucks. He can't even learn Ultima for cryin' out loud.

Arguably the worst character ever in a FF....along with Gogo. No story line/development for these two. They were just mad random.

Edit my team was definitely celes, cyan, sabin, and terra.

Budais Avatar is ****.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
PFFFT more like Atma Weapon + Valiant Knife.

lol

How do you not use Gau?! He's so broken!!!
I'm too lazy to get his rages! I hate the Veldt, honestly.

Arguably the worst character ever in a FF....along with Gogo. No story line/development for these two. They were just mad random.

Edit my team was definitely celes, cyan, sabin, and terra.

Budais Avatar is ****.
Mimic more than made up for his lack of story.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I bought Modern Warfare II tonight....about to go play it. Alex told me its pretty cool. I loved the first one. So ****ing good. One of the best shooters of all time. A game that deserved its hype.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
jam, you should have a sf4/bb set up at your tournament so i can ignore everyone to play those

also add this to the rule set:

if a player gets falcon punched, he loses the game automatically. in doubles, his team loses the game. if a person hits his own partner they forfeit the game

onett should be legal only if falcon is on the stage

if a player gets falcon punched into a car or after getting hit by a car, their smash career is over and they must retire

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
ya that's what i figured w/ smashers and jobs. most are too young/ just don't have jaerbs

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
That has to be covered under some kind of warranty. I am thinking about getting the MW2 bundle. 400 bucks for a 250 GB HD 2 controllers MW2 and a headset.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Yeah I heard they extended the warranty to 3 years. I did buy it from a coworker and not direct... but I don't know if that matters, I think I just need to register the system using the serial number or whatever.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
the veldt sucks, but it's music is ****.
Check this out MogMeister

jam, you should have a sf4/bb set up at your tournament so i can ignore everyone to play those

also add this to the rule set:

if a player gets falcon punched, he loses the game automatically. in doubles, his team loses the game. if a person hits his own partner they forfeit the game

onett should be legal only if falcon is on the stage

if a player gets falcon punched into a car or after getting hit by a car, their smash career is over and they must retire
I'll bring my PS3 for BB, and someone can bring a copy of SF4 if they have it. I'll also implement your rules post haste.

Yeah, but he starts with Stray Cat, which is all you need.
I might give the game another run-through in December, so I'll give the little rascal a shot.

lol all this talk about a game I've never played. *prepares to get flamed*
FLAMES TO YOU SIR :mad:

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
i hear a lot of people talking about SF4 :D i don't have many smashers on my friends list, just some NY and ME smashers. Add me if you have a 360, gamertag is PC Kira. I can play some matches later tonight, on my way home from Minnesota currently.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Yeah I was kidding it's not really a tough decision. :)

Top 5 baby, pushing Lil out of the top 10
User Name Posts
Cort 3,974
DarkDragoon 2,863
Aesir 2,546
thumbswayup 2,432
CogSmooch 2,417
Khaly 2,406
SPAWN 2,336
trademark0013 2,324
Jam Stunna 2,148
_V_ 2,139
_milktea 1,996

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
someone can bring a copy of SF4 if they have it.
I'll bring my copy.

I also have a new main in Blaz Blue now (though i havent played it in close to a month) Hakumen. Hes ****ing awesome.

i hear a lot of people talking about SF4 :D i don't have many smashers on my friends list, just some NY and ME smashers. Add me if you have a 360, gamertag is PC Kira. I can play some matches later tonight, on my way home from Minnesota currently.
We totally need to play. I've gotten so much better since we last played. I literally use everyone now minus like Gen and Viper.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
We should play some matches of Melee when you get back so that you don't suck when you show up at RoM :p

**** Cog is catching up to me, I've been slacking!
moar liek Cog's been ******!

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
We should play some matches of Melee when you get back so that you don't suck when you show up at RoM :p
Yeah, i think i'll be off Friday, so if you're free that day we can get some matches in. I'm not going to be entering at RoM so i basically gave up on caring about being good haha. I'm still down to play for fun though :)

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'll bring my copy.

I also have a new main in Blaz Blue now (though i havent played it in close to a month) Hakumen. Hes ****ing awesome.
I used to hate fighting Hakumen when I got the game, but then I learned how to play against him so it became okay to fight him. Now there's this absurd 8-hit combo going around that literally takes away half of Litchi's life, so I'm back to hating him.

I haven't played SF 4 in so long, so when I play I'm just going to stick to the basics. Which means spamming crossups and EX legs with Chun Li.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
one low short in to ex legs
two low shorts into ex leeeegs
three low shorts into ex leeeegs
and combo that into ullllltraaaaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dk3ta1YOpI
best post you've ever made. I died laughing. Never saw that.

Yeah, it's just been so long that I can't actually link the EX legs to ultra anymore :(

Why why why did she go back to charge
Err I hate how she ***** the balls off of Ken.

My least fav match ups for him are Zangief, Akuma, Chun, and Guile. I've played so many Sagats and Ryus that i'm just starting to get used to their bull****.

Zangief is ****ing unwinnable. It's so dumb. My hadoukens have the worst ending lag out of everyone minus rose so its hard for him to zone really well. I use them more for wakeup mind games than zoning. Kens pokes are ****kkinnn rappppeeee. I love when people jump into me too. lol.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
you totally should check out his other ones, they're all pretty ok. Chun is probably the funniest though.

one time when we were rotating ranked matches on xbl, one of my friends (a zangief main) ran into some super scrubby rufus player.
"all zangief has to do is crouching jab, it stuffs out everything rufus has"

he won the set by crouching and hitting one button.

we ran into the rufus again and he quit before the match started.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Gief is so beast haha i get terrified vs a good one :/ but then i can just switch to sagat and he's not scary anymore. other than that im usually happy using boxer vs everyone else. i used to think boxer ***** Gief when i was a scrub too, i just never fought good enough people though.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
lol all this talk about a game I've never played. *prepares to get flamed*

my 360 red-ringed. after like a grand total of like 30 hours using it. fml
i opened the box, red ring. not even kidding.

but i'm definitely down for playing sf4, i'm a meh abel.

progducto

Top Bottom