• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I thought that the idea of making Final Fantasy a fighter was just........cringe worthy.

That's like saying lets take Street Fighter and make it into an RPG. Leveling up Kens Shoruken and Guiles Sonic Boom lol.

Does anyone in CT have ANY idea what there plans are for pound 4? I'm registering this month and I need to hear from people what they are planning on doing?

If any of you go "It's too early....." Then I won't be making plans with you. Prices are going up, its going to be arguably one of the biggest tournaments ever, etc.

The larger the group of people doing the same thing = The more $ saved

If you aren't going to pound 4, you should quit smash.

edit: ff 6 is good. i dont think its one of the best though

4, 8, and 5 are better imo.
true, but apparently it's quite good
not to mention genre benders have been done before. MMX command mission was pretty ok for a RPG (not top notch of course, but it didn't suck)
it wouldn't be crazy to have a fighting game rpg or something, really. Namco x Capcom was pretty good too.
imo the big reason the idea of dissidia puts some people off is because it appears to be square enix milking their biggest cash cow, but it's rare for Squix to half-*** a game. Even silly spin offs.

pof, do you have any idea how big a group has to be to acquire a group discount for flights by chance? although i'd imagine some of CT would be driving...

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Does anyone in CT have ANY idea what there plans are for pound 4? I'm registering this month and I need to hear from people what they are planning on doing?

If any of you go "It's too early....." Then I won't be making plans with you. Prices are going up, its going to be arguably one of the biggest tournaments ever, etc.

The larger the group of people doing the same thing = The more $ saved

If you aren't going to pound 4, you should quit smash.
Why do you take Melee so seriously?

Really Garrett? LOL

Havent you figured out yet that I hardly play Melee anymore and I don't take this game that seriously? I honestly play Melee now MAYBE once a week. Keep in mind that I'm going to school FULL TIME, HAVE A JOB, PAY RENT, and have my own place. Yeah, Jigs is good in teams because she rests people. That's REALLY what I meant. I've been playing this game competitively for over 6 years almost. I'm pretty sure I know what the **** hell I'm talking about. Going to tournaments was important to me in the beginning but now i'm growing up and I don't have time to be playing Gamecube all the time.

If you have not noticed that I just randomly post once or twice a day to check in and say hi and possibly find a day in the week to hang out with someone and play for a few hours, than your dumb.

Bye.

edit: ff 6 is good. i dont think its one of the best though

4, 8, and 5 are better imo.

SleepyK

lawl hay luuk guyz im zoso ur all nards 4 playn smush baroz lololol

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I thought that the idea of making Final Fantasy a fighter was just........cringe worthy.

That's like saying lets take Street Fighter and make it into an RPG. Leveling up Kens Shoruken and Guiles Sonic Boom lol.

DD I might get back into Dissidia sometime soon, if I do I'll let you know so we could play.
:D Okiedokie.
:3 Mah Golbez is broked.
I like Sephiroth better though D:

Cool story bro is quite possibly the most ******** meme ever.....

However DESU on the other hand :D

-DDD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Havent you figured out yet that I hardly play Melee anymore and I don't take this game that seriously? I honestly play Melee now MAYBE once a week. Keep in mind that I'm going to school FULL TIME, HAVE A JOB, PAY RENT, and have my own place. Yeah, Jigs is good in teams because she rests people. That's REALLY what I meant. I've been playing this game competitively for over 6 years almost. I'm pretty sure I know what the **** hell I'm talking about. Going to tournaments was important to me in the beginning but now i'm growing up and I don't have time to be playing Gamecube all the time.

If you have not noticed that I just randomly post once or twice a day to check in and say hi and possibly find a day in the week to hang out with someone and play for a few hours, than your dumb.

K, but every other tournament will not be as big as Pound 4. I don't travel oos often and this tournament is my best choice for traveling oos. I purposely did not attend Genesis because I knew Pound 4 would be the better event. I chose wisely.

If I'm going to travel OOS....it's going to be for pound 4. Plus, I spoke to my boss about taking this weekend off and he said it's going to be slow because Quinnipiac will not be on campus so my tips will be significantly lower.

Evidentally you are still not getting my point. There is a difference between constantly going to events and playing Melee all the time and going when it works around your schedule and is convienent to devote a few days off once in a blue moon.

So

Pros:
I'm not missing out on work
it's going to be the biggest OOS TOURNEY OF THE YEAR
If I go with a group of people it will be cheaper than driving like I always do.
I havent gone to an OOS event since ROM
It will be three days of Melee

Cons:

I will be spending close to $400.00 and will have to probably dip into my bank account.

I don't like to dip into my account, I have 15K and like to keep it that way. :)

This

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252055

PS Pakman-Is it me or does Tekken 6 suck online so much?

SF IV online is sooo fun nowadays. People are so scrubby. LOL, i'm going to jump into you when you have your Ultra as Ken.

Zangief and Akuma are the stupidest match ups ever. I think I MIGHT prefer fighting Sagat as Ken than those two. I love how Zangief wins with one button, L1. Lariat, SPD, Ultra, super, banishing flat. lol.

Abel is also really fun to play but his lack of anti air options just make me never want to play him in a serious match.

I feel great when I **** people online w Ken. Yay for low mid tier. haha

Someone find a way to play SF3 online? K. Thanks.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Not me. I drive for my job and already tack on plenty of miles as it is on my car. I'm willing to put forth $20.00 for gas at bare minimum for whoever wants to drive though.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Tekken 6 is awful online. I am lucky enough to have a few friends who play a lot. So I do in person matches quite a bit. Arrogant is a beast at the game. Him and I have had some pretty good battles.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
^ Pretty much anyone who punches/jabs well pretty much ***** online because the lag is always horrid from what i've experienced. I main Hwoarang, Baek, and Lee (All kickers) and spacing is ****ing impossible and I get ***** hardcore. If you do not space properly in Tekken (like most fighters) you get ***** and juggled to no end. Obviously its most important w kickers because they demand exact distance to win.

This just in: Listening to new John Mayer and I like it. It's mad chill..

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Tekken 6 is awful online. I am lucky enough to have a few friends who play a lot. So I do in person matches quite a bit. Arrogant is a beast at the game. Him and I have had some pretty good battles.
You should get Arrogant to post in here more.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
K, but every other tournament will not be as big as Pound 4. I don't travel oos often and this tournament is my best choice for traveling oos. I purposely did not attend Genesis because I knew Pound 4 would be the better event. I chose wisely.

If I'm going to travel OOS....it's going to be for pound 4. Plus, I spoke to my boss about taking this weekend off and he said it's going to be slow because Quinnipiac will not be on campus so my tips will be significantly lower.

Evidentally you are still not getting my point. There is a difference between constantly going to events and playing Melee all the time and going when it works around your schedule and is convienent to devote a few days off once in a blue moon.

So

Pros:
I'm not missing out on work
it's going to be the biggest OOS TOURNEY OF THE YEAR
If I go with a group of people it will be cheaper than driving like I always do.
I havent gone to an OOS event since ROM
It will be three days of Melee

Cons:

I will be spending close to $400.00 and will have to probably dip into my bank account.

I don't like to dip into my account, I have 15K and like to keep it that way. :)

This

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252055

PS Pakman-Is it me or does Tekken 6 suck online so much?

SF IV online is sooo fun nowadays. People are so scrubby. LOL, i'm going to jump into you when you have your Ultra as Ken.

Zangief and Akuma are the stupidest match ups ever. I think I MIGHT prefer fighting Sagat as Ken than those two. I love how Zangief wins with one button, L1. Lariat, SPD, Ultra, super, banishing flat. lol.

Abel is also really fun to play but his lack of anti air options just make me never want to play him in a serious match.

I feel great when I **** people online w Ken. Yay for low mid tier. haha

Someone find a way to play SF3 online? K. Thanks.
:):):):):):)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
It's true Joe will **** you up pretty badly not as bad as my friend Zack will though.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
why does the one guy starring in Twilight:new moon look like such a bro? He rly doesnt seem to fit the part look wise.

oh yeah

community is still amazing and by amazing I mean Donald Glover, Danny Pudi and Chevy Chase get off

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I have Street Fighter AC (but nobody to play it with :() if you guys need it.

SleepyK

just curious pof, do you know anybody who actively misses work to play smash?
not calling in sick or anything, like actually skipping work.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
just curious pof, do you know anybody who actively misses work to play smash?
not calling in sick or anything, like actually skipping work.
I have taking PTO(Personal Time off) for smash tournaments. I know Cactuar missed like a week or two of work when he was in Cali for OCD.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
why does the one guy starring in Twilight:new moon look like such a bro? He rly doesnt seem to fit the part look wise.
which one, the asian werewolf guy? if so, the funny thing is, there's a guy in the new england brawl community who looks a lot like him, to a point where some of us call him "that guy from twilight." the kicker is, he's a wolf main (JJ Wolf) >_>

oh yeah

community is still amazing and by amazing I mean Donald Glover, Danny Pudi and Chevy Chase get off
awwwwww yea

SleepyK

which one, the asian werewolf guy? if so, the funny thing is, there's a guy in the new england brawl community who looks a lot like him, to a point where some of us call him "that guy from twilight." the kicker is, he's a wolf main (JJ Wolf) >_>

awwwwww yea

the coincidence is hilarious

ZoSo

Smash Champion
NO IT'S NOT LIAR.

Sorry didn't mean to fly off the handle like that.

Hey Jam who's your favorite character in FINAL FANTASY VI?

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I second the notion of Umaro being super pro.

Nah, it's Celes. She was my avatar for a solid four-five months before I decided to drop my religious beliefs and support the Big Bang (lololol).

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
NO IT'S NOT LIAR.

Sorry didn't mean to fly off the handle like that.

Hey Jam who's your favorite character in FINAL FANTASY VI?
the answer is OBVIOUSLY umaro

what a beast
It's so hard to choose, I literally love them all, even Strago. But if I MUST choose, I'd pick Terra, with Celes, Locke and Shadow all tied for a very close second. Seriously, FF VI had some of the best characters from the series.

My final team varied between a few combinations:
1) Terra, Celes, Edgar, Umaro (This was the first time I beat the game and didn't get Gogo)
2) Terra, Edgar, Gogo, Umaro (Terra + Gem Box and Economizer, with Gogo Mimicing her meant 4 Ultimas for 4 MPs. Too good)
3) Terra, Edgar, Shadow, Umaro (This was the team I used last, when I realized just how amazing Shadow is with the Genji Glove and Offering)

I always kept Terra as my magic user, and Edgar because of the chain saw. I used Umaro for the first time on my first play through when I went through the Fanatic's Tower. It was just so great to have a character that totally destroyed all the magi-queers.

Top Bottom