• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
The Yankees just won. Discuss. LOL at two back to back errors by the Angels. haha

Next stop, Phillies.

Dave-I really think you have an extreme amount of potential to be a top player. I'm not saying that just to say that or do any form of meat riding, its true. Out of everyone that I have ever played I probably have the most trouble playing you. I've played Scar, boss, M2K, Swift, and plenty of good players and you destroy me so much more than everyone else in that list minus. Obviously not everyone tries hard in friendlies or whatever but judging by what i've seen you're a fantastic player and I think you don't give yourself enough credit. I think a big reason why you're not developing as fast as you'd like to is because you're not confident in yourself.

Oh yeah, the Angels got *****. :) haha

Aesir

Smash Master
Garrett:

My punishment, tech chasing, execution, et cetera are all pro level, yet I'm not really all that good in a national sense. Conversely, Mango plays sloppy as fuck. He "messes up" all the time, yet he's the best player in the world.

I agree that reacting quickly and effectively is really important and I maintain that one should try to play by pure reaction as often as possible. It's also important to learn/reinforce good habits so you can react and punish without thinking (muscle memory). However, "not messing up" isn't enough against exceptional players.

At the highest levels of play, Melee is really all about adaptation and controlling space. You need to have strong fundamentals as well, but if you can't/won't adapt you'll never be really good. Similarly, your tech skill means shit if you're constantly letting your opponent push you to the edge.

Also, I think Marth is underrated, but difficult to play effectively, in teams.
Bolded: Is really what it comes down to I think. I generally can execute whatever I **** well feel like, I'm just a submissive *****. =|

edit :Smooth Criminal I love you.

Cort

Apple Head
No the first time I met Mofo was in like December-Feb 2003/4 and he was doing those 0-death no DI combos with Falco and flatland infiniting Marth on FD and

that's when I knew

he would be the one
I'm glad pof's post was in the previous page

Brookman

Smash Hero
I like the team tier list.
@Brookman
Theres not many high level players (I wouldn't know...) who play Luigi & GW. I can't think of three people who main Luigi and same goes for GW...it seems like his tier list is just the top w/e right now.

lolaesir.
You must understand the similarity between what I said about gw/luigi and what garrett says about everything.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Why does everyone take Melee so seriously?

Really guys? LOL

Hasnt anyone figured out yet that I hardly play Melee anymore and I don't take this game that seriously? I honestly play Melee now MAYBE once a week. Keep in mind that I'm going to school FULL TIME, HAVE A JOB, PAY RENT, and have my own place. Yeah, Jigs is good in teams because she rests people. That's REALLY what I meant. I've been playing this game competitively for over two years almost. I'm pretty sure I know what the **** hell I'm talking about. Going to tournaments was important to me in the beginning but now i'm growing up and I don't have time to be playing Gamecube all the time.

If any of you have not noticed that I just randomly post once or twice a day to check in and say hi and possibly find a day in the week to hang out with someone and play for a few hours, than your dumb.

Bye.

Aesir

Smash Master

Really guys? LOL

Hasnt anyone figured out yet that I hardly play Melee anymore and I don't take this game that seriously? I honestly play Melee now MAYBE once a week. Keep in mind that I'm going to school FULL TIME, HAVE A JOB, PAY RENT, and have my own place. Yeah, Jigs is good in teams because she rests people. That's REALLY what I meant. I've been playing this game competitively for over two years almost. I'm pretty sure I know what the **** hell I'm talking about. Going to tournaments was important to me in the beginning but now i'm growing up and I don't have time to be playing Gamecube all the time.

If any of you have not noticed that I just randomly post once or twice a day to check in and say hi and possibly find a day in the week to hang out with someone and play for a few hours, than your dumb.

Bye.

Brookman

Smash Hero
i DUNNO GARRETT, IT LOOKED TO ME LIKE YOU PUT A LOT OF THOUGHT INTO THAT WHOLE TEAMS THING YOU POSTED ABOUT. I DONT KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE HERE TAKES IT THAT SERIOUSLY.

ALSO, GOOD JOB GROWING UP/PAYING RENT/HAVING YOUR OWN PLACE. SERIOUSLY.

LOL CAPS.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
it took me like 3 read-overs to find brookman's lowercase letter for the caps.

hey here's a though how about no one play with pof anymore because he doesn't really care about the game because he's too busy w/ life? let's be considerate here, it's clearly a childish distraction that he doesn't need right now. let's do him a favor and just not play with him anymore.

also i have been eating for nearly 20 years now i believe i am qualified to be on iron chef yes please thanls

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
You know, I've really tried to swear off reaction image posts, but I think I'll make an exception, it's a social board after all.

Really guys? LOL

Bye.

ZoSo

Smash Champion

Really guys? LOL

Bye.
Wow, 90% of the time you post to complain about how nobody talks about Melee in here anymore.

Melee literally changed my life, so yes, I take it seriously. I don't give a flying **** if you think it's a valuable expenditure of time or not.

also i have been eating for nearly 20 years now i believe i am qualified to be on iron chef yes please thanls
This.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Anyone remember that .gif of the spinning silhouette of a woman, and the description for it said it could be seen both clockwise and counter clockwise? There was a discussion of it quite awhile ago in this topic, and I just found this .gif that explains how it can spin both ways. I remember there were some who couldn't see it:

that's awesome

if you look at it just right you can see them as spinning in opposite directions at the same time

pockyD

Smash Legend
i bounced my eyes back and forth a few times pretty quickly (like half a second each time) then focused on the middle line

then i gasped

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado

Really guys? LOL

Bye.

Top Bottom