• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's pretty much SSB64 in a nutshell.

Guts is such a beast. He should've been in Brawl.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Dthrow > knee combos Puff at killable percents even with full DI away. You just have to be quick about it, sort of.

Also, I once grabbed Dudutsai at 0% and did dthrow > knee > knee > knee and he died. Good times.
really? I could be wrong I guess but I really thought puffs were learning to avoid it altogether. or do more falcons just do the uair these days because it's easier. either way, **** YOU SLIQ for resting out of it

Someone get me a picture of Cog's face and I'll do it during my game development class of epic boredom.
-DD
it's a good thing I have this floating around

DO IT NOWWW I'll love you forever

I played sf4 for the first time ever last weekend and found it OK. That's my contribution.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
really? I could be wrong I guess but I really thought puffs were learning to avoid it altogether. or do more falcons just do the uair these days because it's easier. either way, **** YOU SLIQ for resting out of it

it's a good thing I have this floating around

DO IT NOWWW I'll love you forever

I played sf4 for the first time ever last weekend and found it OK. That's my contribution.
LOL Why you have that picture confuses me, but I'll get started.
-DD

Aesir

Smash Master
watching Justin Wong Rufus the **** outa people at SNES was pretty entertaining. This one dude was playing Abel, and in the 2nd set, Justin back to back perfected him. Rufus is so dumb, why is that super fat, goofy mother****er the Falco of SF4?
Because it's Justin Wong?

I always thought Akuma was the falco of SF.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
That would be sagat.
No, Ryu does not Kara tiger knee cancel. Sagats super also is easier to punish if whiffed than Ryus due to the fact that it's a projectile. You can jump over both but if you block Ryus you HAVE TO block the whole thing.

You can combo Sagats Super Combo into his ultra....stupid. Thing is though, you should never do this because his EX moves are all amazing.

Sagat does everything Ryu does but camps better, and kara cancels out arguably the best attack in the game (tiger knee)

I think Ryu has the best Ulra in the game though...for sure. Sagat is maddd broken and stupid though because his damage output and offensive options are up the guzzoooo

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I want to put it on a shirt.

But wait do you need one with my full head not cut off at the top?
Uhh... well, I made it before I noticed this post...hope you're a Futurama fan!

if you need the full head
Joey put it best.

Not enough beard in this photo.
<3

I always thought Akuma was the falco of SF.
I hate it when Akuma shines me into a DAir. So hard to avoid. >_>;
Yea, I know my SFIV ****.

-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Rufus's jump kick from a cross up combos into his ultra lol. I did it to my roommate last night. It was dumb.

Aesir-I agree. Akuma is the Falco of SF

Edit-I also forgot to mentioni'vebeen playing SF EX3 plus lately too. Its not competitive...but its fun. Garuda is amazing.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Happy birthday Darc.

Garrett- I'm playing poker with my dad and the guys.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
You can't avoid it at med-high percents. MAYBE puff can avoid it at low percent. I have only played a very small amount of falcon players who can react fast enough to knee after seeing the DI, and because puff can choose to DI up and towards, down and away, falcon will usually wait and uair instead of choosing one of the two at random and hoping the knee connects.

Plus, if Puff DI's up and towards, at most percentages and assuming falcon is fast enough, falcon would be smarter to uair because of the opportunity for a 2nd uair, unless puff is at killing percent and the knee would finish. If Puff DI's down and away, falcon can combo more easily after the initial knee/uair (again, depending on percentage)

I assume you are talking about Sliq resting out of dthrow on FoD, and that only happened because falcon took too long to react.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Uhh... well, I made it before I noticed this post...hope you're a Futurama fan!

Joey put it best.

<3

I hate it when Akuma shines me into a DAir. So hard to avoid. >_>;
Yea, I know my SFIV ****.

-DD
lol good stuff

You can't avoid it at med-high percents. MAYBE puff can avoid it at low percent. I have only played a very small amount of falcon players who can react fast enough to knee after seeing the DI, and because puff can choose to DI up and towards, down and away, falcon will usually wait and uair instead of choosing one of the two at random and hoping the knee connects.
maybe that's why I see it more
Plus, if Puff DI's up and towards, at most percentages and assuming falcon is fast enough, falcon would be smarter to uair because of the opportunity for a 2nd uair, unless puff is at killing percent and the knee would finish. If Puff DI's down and away, falcon can combo more easily after the initial knee/uair (again, depending on percentage)

I assume you are talking about Sliq resting out of dthrow on FoD, and that only happened because falcon took too long to react.
I've seen sliq do it on all stages. I don't know the frame data or anything so I can't comment on whether or not it's legit or whatever

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Oh that's cool thanks for telling me about that thumbswayup

Sliq rested out of dthrow at 6% (from the dthrow)

....now to figure out when you can't do that.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
People need to share their favorite Pandora channels because entering in good bands in Pandora doesn't necessarily mean that you end up listening to good bands all around.

Edit: Thumbs I want to stay in MD for like a few days to a week right before Pound 4 (as long as I could stay really lol week being the maximum) just chillin' with my bros ( fellow smashers). Is there anyone that'd house me or no? I know you're living at someone else's house so you probably couldn't. What about EE/boss/someone? :D

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
it's like a shine.
it'll work every time if the falcon doesn't space his knee and tries to jump inside jigglypuff's fajita to knee.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
People need to share their favorite Pandora channels because entering in good bands in Pandora doesn't necessarily mean that you end up listening to good bands all around.

Edit: Thumbs I want to stay in MD for like a few days to a week right before Pound 4 (as long as I could stay really lol week being the maximum) just chillin' with my bros ( fellow smashers). Is there anyone that'd house me or no? I know you're living at someone else's house so you probably couldn't. What about EE/boss/someone? :D
I think Skyheart may be able to, I'll ask him and let you know.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I already said Pendulum is an awesome station. There are a few dud songs that you need to thumbs down, but its all good.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Butterfly in the sky
I can fly twice as high
Take a look
it's in a book
a reading rainbow

REEAAAAAAAAAAAADING RAAAAAAAAAAAAINBOW
=[ I love that show.

<3 Mogwai.

This is seriously TROUBLING: http://www.geekologie.com/2009/08/wonderful_news_robots_learn_ho.php read the whole thing.
Wow. That's pretty amazing...
>_> Good thing robots can't mate on their own...nor would mating really even work that way...
<_< But yea, its still interesting.
-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
why are you guys playing these subpar games when you could be playing smash
Street Fighter Third Strike
Street Fighter IV
Final Fantasy II/IV
Syphon Filter II (<3 old memories)
Marvel VS Capcom II

are far beyond sub par games. I'm playing all of those back and forth now and really don't find myself playing Melee much now. That, and I've been packing for my move. :)

Edit-The Animatrix sucked, along with Matrix II and III.

As soon as I walked out of the theater when I saw two I was like, "****, that was too long for such a bad movie. Ya know what sucks? The next ones going to be even worse...."

I was wrong about one thing though, three was better than two. One was definitely the only good thing ever to come out of the Matrix though. Amazing film. The video games were also horrible as well. The fighting system in Enter The Matrix was cool for about ten minutes...than it just got dry. Kind of like how Max Payne was.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
well, between the two terrible movies, I can convincingly say that I thought Matrix II was better than Matrix III. at least they weren't bashing me over the head with Jesus in Matrix II...
True, I just thought that the overall action in III was better than II. The defense of Zion or whatever at the end was sick when they were in those war like robot things. Neos fight w Smith was dumb (time to fly guys!) but I hated the action in II much more so than three. "Yeah, I'm gonna fight over 500 agent smiths and beat them all. On top of that I have a spider sense now and know whens somethings wrong."

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
2 is better than 3 but they both are AIDS.
edit: the problem with those 2 weren't that Neo was overpowered, it was that he wasn't overpowered enough. The end of the first one promised that he could literally change the code and do ANYTHING in their world now. And then the second one opens with him still punching and kicking them.

Another amazing cog suggestion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StSFL2aa2no doesn't hurt that I want to devour the fajitas in that band. bought a shirt once from the blond and was like DUHHHRR

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I saw II and III so long ago, but I remember that I hated the II one MUCH more and the reason was mainly because of that ****ing French man and his bull**** boring 10 minute rant about absolutely nothing. God I hated him. When Trinity and Morpheus broke into his club in III and I saw his face I almost left the movie theater. I was so happy he barely got a few words out before she pointed the gun at his face and his scene ended. Pseudo philosophical garbage.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
2 is better than 3 but they both are AIDS.
edit: the problem with those 2 weren't that Neo was overpowered, it was that he wasn't overpowered enough. The end of the first one promised that he could literally change the code and do ANYTHING in their world now. And then the second one opens with him still punching and kicking them.

Another amazing cog suggestion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StSFL2aa2no doesn't hurt that I want to devour the fajitas in that band. bought a shirt once from the blond and was like DUHHHRR
That brunette on the keys is pretty cute.

:3

Top Bottom