• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
"I lied, it's actually hot."

Some of the worst lines I've ever heard are in that scene if you remember it. To this day my friends and I quote it and laugh at it's stupidity.
Darc and I used the teamname "Lloyd Irving Cafe" once >_>

<marquee>:shyguy: :smash:</marquee>

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
The full name we planned on was "Lloyd Irving and the Legend of the Hot Cold Hot Cold Hot Coffee" but the TO was one of those TOs that wouldn't announce really long names, so we shortened the message >_>

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
awwww.
TOs should make a point to always pronounce team names regardless of length or vulgarity.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
So as I am sure many of you know, the Eagles have signed Michael Vick. I happen to have tickets to tomorrows preseason game. Assuming Vick plays, how can I show my disapproval for him but support for the Eagles?

I was thinking about barking at him from the stands.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Assuming Vick plays, how can I show my disapproval for him but support for the Eagles?
He's an Eagle now! Plus he's an incredible athlete and dog fighting is ********. This country cares more about animals than we do about humans. PETA blows.

He shouldn't of went to prison. He should have been fined a crap load by the NFL (just so they look good and keep their animal loving viewers), but that's it.

I'm not a Michael Vick fan boy I just think what happened to him was ********, and I also think if the Eagles play this right we can **** some people.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm gonna go ahead and disagree, dog fighting is super ****ed up and Michael Vick, despite being an incredible athlete, is not a great football player.

OK, and another thing, I can't leave it that civil...

DOG FIGHTING IS ****ED UP. LIKE SERIOUSLY READ SOME OF THOSE GOD**** REPORTS OF WHAT THE **** THEY DO TO THOSE POOR CRITTERS FOR SOLELY THE SAKE OF THEIR OWN AMUSEMENT AND TELL ME HOW YOU SHOULD NOT GO TO JAIL FOR IT?!?!?!?!?!?

GOTM

Smash Champion
Michael Vick is not a GREAT football player, you're right. But you can't be "Michael Vick" unless you have accomplished something in this league, and not just anyone can become a name in the NFL.

Also, it's a dog. He grew up dog fighting. Everyone down there does it, no one else goes to jail. He went because he's rich as a mother ****er and they knew they'd at least make a crap load of money through court and ****.

Plus, I think if you're going to get angry over what they do to dogs for the sake of their own amusement, you should read into what they do to chickens, etc. for the sake of food. It's a lot more hostile then what they do to the dogs. But it tastes delicious.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
You really can't compare killing for food and killing for amusement as similar things.

Deer hunting is legal because it is a means of population control as well as food. The concept is much more humane.

The reason there are hunting seasons and all that stuff is because that is when they cause the most damage by walking in front of cars and stuff like that.

And he didn't bet on dogs, he provided an arena where dogs were bred to and forced to fight and kill each other for people's amusement.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
well, who said I agree with the ******** caged chicken bull**** or any of the other ****ed up **** in the meat industry?

anyway, dog fighting is still way worse in my book (still wish the meat industry were better...). the big difference between that and dog fighting in my mind is that dog fighting is torturing and killing animals purely for amusement. it serves no practical purpose, it is entirely sadistic. the fact that other people get away with it doesn't make it right for him to do it at all. i wish others didn't get away with it and nothing changes the fact that it's illegal for a good reason.

SleepyK

yeah idk hunting kind of makes dog fighting seem less of a deal
then again i come from a country where old men like to beat dogs to near-death, flay them alive and cook them as a health food

bias in this post
1) south bias. hunting is widespread and i don't like it.
2) GA bias. i've seen one of michael vicks' houses so it's kind of cool.
3) korean bias.

GOTM

Smash Champion
You really can't compare killing for food and killing for amusement as similar things.
He didn't kill a dog. He bet on a dog fight. People bet on worse things. Plus I don't know I hate how PETA warps this country into feeling THAT bad for animals.

My grandparents had a dog that was never allowed inside. They just threw scraps outside for him to eat, like the fat of the meats they cooked. Freaking people used to come over all the time and ***** about how they were treating it. It's a ****ing DOG.

I don't know maybe no one agrees with me but I think people are too soft-hearted for animals sometimes.

Edit: Yeah after reading SleepyK's post, my friend Vinh goes to Vietnam and comes back and says he ate dog all week. They have live dogs in cages and they kill them and skin them, all that **** for people when they come by and buy it. So if in THAT country they had say, chicken fights (which they do), is that bad too? I don't know screw it I'm done :laugh:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
If I don't go to jail for shooting a deer in the FACE, why should I go to jail for betting on a dog fight.
deer shot in the face is in pain for probably less than a second before dying. it lives it's life perfectly fine, and then you kill it and eat it, that's how being a carnivore works.

dog raised to fight is starved and tortured for the entirety of it's life for no reason other than for you and a bunch of your ******* friends to watch it kill another dog for your own sick pleasure.

please tell me you're at least smart enough to understand the distinction scott...

GOTM

Smash Champion
I get the distinction but I still don't agree that it's that harmful. Maybe I'm sick in the head :laugh:

Plus, barely anyone hunts to eat. It's sport for most people.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
"In addition to the controversial treatment a dog receives when he has potential as a fighter, according to a filing in U.S. District Court in Richmond by federal investigators in Virginia, which was obtained under the Freedom of Information Act and published by the Baltimore Sun on July 6, 2007, a losing dog or one whose potential is considered unacceptable faces "being put to death by drowning, strangulation, hanging, gun shot, electrocution or some other method".

WHAT THE ****

GOTM

Smash Champion
"In addition to the controversial treatment a dog receives when he has potential as a fighter, according to a filing in U.S. District Court in Richmond by federal investigators in Virginia, which was obtained under the Freedom of Information Act and published by the Baltimore Sun on July 6, 2007, a losing dog or one whose potential is considered unacceptable faces "being put to death by drowning, strangulation, hanging, gun shot, electrocution or some other method".

WHAT THE ****
I'm implementing this law for losers at my tournament. :laugh:

Edit: I'm not saying I would kill a dog. But I would shoot other animals for amusement, such as hunting and ****, as I have done it before. I just really don't understand the difference if someone shoots a dog (yeah I wouldn't do it), or shoots a deer, both for the same purpose. To kill them. In other countries they kill dogs for food, it's just here we don't.

thumbswayup

Smash Master

Edit: I'm not saying I would kill a dog. But I would shoot other animals for amusement, such as hunting and ****, as I have done it before. I just really don't understand the difference if someone shoots a dog (yeah I wouldn't do it), or shoots a deer, both for the same purpose. To kill them. In other countries they kill dogs for food, it's just here we don't.
You're right, you are sick in the head :laugh:

GOTM

Smash Champion
Let's put this into a different perspective.

Say I own a dog. I love the thing to death. It's like the cutest little pooch on the planet. I get freaked out even if the thing runs into the street because I'm afraid it's going to get run over. It means more to me than say, my smash controller.

Now someone one night decides they want to kill it. They come around back to the backyard, and my little cute dog is playing by the pool, and they shoot it with a BB gun in the face, and it dies.

I would track that sorry mother ****er down until I personally had my hands around his throat, but if he went to jail for it I would still be saying, it's a ****ing dog, don't put him in jail, just let me punch him in the god **** mouth.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer

Its more about the life these dogs had to live. Like Wes said before, when you shoot a deer it is mostly painless and the deer lived a normal life to that point.

With dog fighting they grow up in cages, aren't fed, are treated like crap from the day they are born to make them viscous animals and then if they lose they are killed. Sometimes by using one of those methods thumbs mentioned. I don't think it is hard to see the difference.

GOTM

Smash Champion
No no no, I completely agree. Raising an animal like that in that tortuous lifestyle is ****ty, I wouldn't condone that at all for any living thing.

BUT, Vick did not do this. He did not raise his own dogs, he owned a house where his cousin lived and Vick was accused for that ownership, and illegal activity going on in his property, as well as placing bets on the fights.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
illegal activity going on on his property that he clearly had knowledge of as shown by his recorded placement of bets is pretty damning in my mind, but I'll admit that I didn't wanna hear any more about the case after the initial reports, so I don't have the best knowledge of the scope of his involvement.

what happened to his cousin/other people directly involved in the dog fighting ring?

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Well that is a liability issue. When that stuff happens on your property, you are responsible. He knew about it. He supported it and provided the arena for it. IMO thats just as bad as doing it yourself.

In Philadelphia, they have been coming down VERY hard on people who make straw purchases (buying a gun for someone else) and the gun is used in a crime. IMO this situation is a similar law for a lesser crime.

GOTM

Smash Champion
what happened to his cousin/other people directly involved in the dog fighting ring?
not 100% sure but I'm sure they got the same sentence

Well that is a liability issue. When that stuff happens on your property, you are responsible. He knew about it. He supported it and provided the arena for it. IMO thats just as bad as doing it yourself.
i really dont think its just as bad, lol.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
So, if I owned a house where human beings were being tortured and forced to fight to the death, you would not consider me just as much at fault as the ones doing it even though I have full knowledge of it and even facilitate the process?

GOTM

Smash Champion
So, if I owned a house where human beings were being tortured and forced to fight to the death, you would not consider me just as much at fault as the ones doing it even though I have full knowledge of it and even facilitate the process?
absolutely correct.

i agree with wesleys sarcastic statement as well

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Omg Wes is going to hire someone to kill his wife alert the media. :p <3

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
So with spawn's post my user cp said the CT thread has 65404 posts, but spawn's is number 65401. Maybe this explains the weird behavior with the pages.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
*cog walks in*
GOTM has officially passed POF levels of ***********.

Michael Vick is not a GREAT football player, you're right. But you can't be "Michael Vick" unless you have accomplished something in this league, and not just anyone can become a name in the NFL.

Also, it's a dog. He grew up dog fighting. Everyone down there does it, no one else goes to jail. He went because he's rich as a mother ****er and they knew they'd at least make a crap load of money through court and ****.
Do not give me this "it's ingrained in their culture" bull****. That is the worst. By your logic if you are born into a situation, ANY situation, there is no point in ever trying to change anything or better yourself. Just because something is institutionalized does not make it right (see: BULLFIGHTING, SLAVERY).
I'm pretty sure it's a ****ing felony in most states so yeah people do get arrested all the time for it, but not all of them are superstar football players so of course you don't hear about it.
The protracted legal process due to the media circus probably cost the state/county where the trial was being held a LOT more than if he was just a non-famous citizen, so I have no idea where you came up they'd "make a crap load of money through court and ****."

edit: and another thing: PETA holds very little sway in regards to the USA's views on animal welfare/rights. To pretend that the outrage over what Vick did was due to a systematic pussying down of the US from PETA is ignorant at best.
He didn't kill a dog. He bet on a dog fight. People bet on worse things. Plus I don't know I hate how PETA warps this country into feeling THAT bad for animals.

My grandparents had a dog that was never allowed inside. They just threw scraps outside for him to eat, like the fat of the meats they cooked. Freaking people used to come over all the time and ***** about how they were treating it. It's a ****ing DOG.

I don't know maybe no one agrees with me but I think people are too soft-hearted for animals sometimes.
If you'd bother to read the report, Vick actually DID personally kill many dogs by specific methods including "wetting one dog down and electrocuting her, hanging, drowning and shooting others and, in at least one case, by slamming a dog’s body to the ground." Imagine trying to kill a pit bull by drowning it. Go ahead, I'll wait. Imagine having such disregard for life that after you've used an animal for profit and violent entertainment, you physically pick it up and throw it on the ground over and over until it's dead. If you think "it's a ****ing DOG." after that, I hope you get help.

Let's put this into a different perspective.

Say I own a dog. I love the thing to death. It's like the cutest little pooch on the planet. I get freaked out even if the thing runs into the street because I'm afraid it's going to get run over. It means more to me than say, my smash controller.

Now someone one night decides they want to kill it. They come around back to the backyard, and my little cute dog is playing by the pool, and they shoot it with a BB gun in the face, and it dies.

I would track that sorry mother ****er down until I personally had my hands around his throat, but if he went to jail for it I would still be saying, it's a ****ing dog, don't put him in jail, just let me punch him in the god **** mouth.
Ok, then run for public office and try to severely diminish and/or erase the existing animal cruelty laws. (for the record if anyone actually did do that they would get laughed out of dodge -- even by staunch red meat eating conservatives)

No no no, I completely agree. Raising an animal like that in that tortuous lifestyle is ****ty, I wouldn't condone that at all for any living thing.

BUT, Vick did not do this. He did not raise his own dogs, he owned a house where his cousin lived and Vick was accused for that ownership, and illegal activity going on in his property, as well as placing bets on the fights.
Once again, your facts are wrong, as all reports state he was personally involved in all aspects of the operation.

During the period when Michael Vick was in prison, two of the Vick dogs became certified therapy dogs. They comfort the sick, children and the elderly.

And since I'm a veggief@g, don't play the meat industry card with me either. I agree it's awfully myopic for Americans to condemn Vick while eating a hamburger that went through just as much to get on their plate, just as it is to feel good about yourself for using a reusable grocery shopping bag when what buy and put in it is about 100x worse for the environment. But two wrongs don't make a right.

SleepyK

lots of hunters don't hunt for the meat. they just kill them for the sport.

Top Bottom