• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
JV is pretty amazing at Third Strike, you can always play with him.

SF IV is campy, but no more so than any other Street Fighter game (and I would argue less so than 3S). If you want a game that really rewards offensive aggression though, pick up BlazBlue.
Definitely going to call him tomorrow, haha.

Jam, when I move into my condo and get my ps3 finally set up we need to play wifi w sf iv...i havent played you much. I main Ken and Zangief now.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I haven't played SF IV in a while either. I had some problems with my PS3 and had to format it, and as you're probably aware, you can't copy SF IV save data. I was so pissed off that I just swore off the game the pretty much.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Yeah, I had the yellow light of death so I got mad pissed when I had to get all my save data again....

I practically completed all the trials on normal and am about 5% through on hard. lol.

I have done all the survival and time attack though.

noodles

Smash Champion
welcome to the ct thread vintage. let me know if you ever wanna play considering i might be the closest smasher to you XD.

whats up with the weird name colors? looks hot

vintage

Smash Cadet
Welcome to CT! There's a few of us in Hartford who still play Melee, just shoot me a PM sometime.
Thanks. I've actually got some friends still up in Hartford from my undergraduate program. Ill send you a PM before the next time I go visit them.

welcome to the ct thread vintage. let me know if you ever wanna play considering i might be the closest smasher to you XD.
Thanks. And, seriously? Closer than North Haven? Where you at?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured that one out on my own. :p

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Third Strike has its own set of problems. I play a little and I think it's pretty good, but while SFIV is Street Fighter for fans of the series, Third Strike is just something else entirely. Don't play it unless you want to build meter and play footsies the whole time. It also lacks the amazing balance of SFIV (god Chun is so stupid).

All other fighters are equally inferior to Melee in my eyes. *shrug*
When you are at the better than average, less than pro stage of third strike, it gets to be pretty aggressive. I feel like the parrying system in 3S allowed for more movement options.

SF4 is only kind of balanced. If you don't know exactly what you ae doing mediocre Zangiefs, and Sagats will obliterate you. 3S FOREVER!!!!

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
zomg, someone older than ME! So, tell me, what do I have to look forward to over the next 3 years?
It's pretty much all shit. You'd think I'd be kidding, but you lose touch with all your college friends, are forced into career paths you don't care about, and are too saddled with debt to do anything about it.

I actually turn 29 in 22 days.

And it's not really that bad lol

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
SF4 is only kind of balanced. If you don't know exactly what you ae doing mediocre Zangiefs, and Sagats will obliterate you. 3S FOREVER!!!!
I can definitely see this. Sometimes I lose to stupid Sagats and I'm just like....really? He was a pretty bad player.

This forum deserves a better class of random posting, and I'm gonna give it to em

You'll see, I'll show ya!
Still obsessed with Dark Knight? Really? It's not that amazing dude.....

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Haha it's on my mind because a free film outdoor film festival that happens every year and runs for about 2 weeks showing all the popular movies of the year before is showing Dark Knight on Saturday :) I attend a few of their showings every year. The screen is huge and the weather is usually very nice around this time so it's always fun. They showed Spider-man 2 two years ago I think and it was such a great experience seeing it again.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Yo guys, long time no see!

I'm here in Korea, right now it's 1:00 AM here, and it is craazzzy.

Food is mad cheap, netbooks are deathly expensive, and everyone is really cool here in Korea.

The local arcade close to my district has only Tekken 6 as a good arcade cabinet, and I was shocked to see CvS2 there too (but the sticks were worn down to oblivion).

I played about two smashers in Korea, and they are surprisingly decent even though they've been in Korea a lot of their life.

I really need to step up my Korean, it'll be good to ask directions to a subway station at 3 AM and understand their directions. At least hypothetically it's good in my opinion.

But even with all these amazingness, I still rep it down in NE, it's been my home for so long, and I just want to make a shout out to all my people in NE, you guys better still have that sick nasty magic at smash when I get back.

Keep you guys posted.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Yo guys, long time no see!

I'm here in Korea, right now it's 1:00 AM here, and it is craazzzy.

Food is mad cheap, netbooks are deathly expensive, and everyone is really cool here in Korea.

The local arcade close to my district has only Tekken 6 as a good arcade cabinet, and I was shocked to see CvS2 there too (but the sticks were worn down to oblivion).

I played about two smashers in Korea, and they are surprisingly decent even though they've been in Korea a lot of their life.

I really need to step up my Korean, it'll be good to ask directions to a subway station at 3 AM and understand their directions. At least hypothetically it's good in my opinion.

But even with all these amazingness, I still rep it down in NE, it's been my home for so long, and I just want to make a shout out to all my people in NE, you guys better still have that sick nasty magic at smash when I get back.

Keep you guys posted.
How is T6? My friend wants to get into the scene pretty bad when the game comes out. So I imagine I will have to come along for the ride.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
lol I don't post THAT many gifs. Maybe you're confusing me with Mogwai again :p
I just meant that you're not obsessed with TDK just because you posted a gif of it

i think that was the joke

p.s. get unpranked, having the same color name is not helping Operation Become Different People in Cog's Mind
lol

DJ glad you're doing good!

****ing Les Paul died!! wtf

noodles

Smash Champion
so degrassi is by far the most addicting show ive seen. someone should link to a site that streams it so i dont have to stay up till 6 to make sure i dont miss any XD.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I personally can never look forward to another birthday again. They're all just one step closer to 30/old age/death now that I no longer have any limitations due to age. I think my 22nd bday will be the last I enjoy getting older because for some reason being 22 sounds cool to me, I have no idea why.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
When you are at the better than average, less than pro stage of third strike, it gets to be pretty aggressive. I feel like the parrying system in 3S allowed for more movement options.
I agree, but only if you're playing other people at a similar skill level to your own. If you play somebody really good, they're just gonna walk back and forth hitconfirming you regardless of how good you are.

I can definitely see this. Sometimes I lose to stupid Sagats and I'm just like....really? He was a pretty bad player.
Sounds like you need to get better.

You're not cool at all dude.

How is T6? My friend wants to get into the scene pretty bad when the game comes out. So I imagine I will have to come along for the ride.
I've heard it's pretty bad, but I haven't played it.

****ing Les Paul died!! wtf
What a shocker! I mean the guy was only a hundred!

It's good to hear from you, DJ. I'm glad you're doing well.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Who am I bringing for Snes again?

Darc, Lil, Mike$, Cort if he can get here...?

...Awsmsean said he wants to go if he can switch days with people at work. If he can go then he's driving since he has a Kaiba van.

Top Bottom