• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

_milktea

Smash Lord
you betch! follow me: _milktea

ANYWAYS

the hotel i'm staying at after genesis has 80 reserved rooms for smashers

****ING AWESOME, sheer awesomeness, i cannot WAIIIIT

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'm not wearing any shorts right now. O_O

Aiser is stupid lol.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Public Enemies was a bit disappointing. It's not a bad movie, but it's not a very good one either. Johnny Depp had some really good scenes, but there just weren't enough of them. Christian Bale was also underwhelming and his accent seemed a little forced. And Michael Mann has pretty much lost the ability to thrill in any way. It's a shame he'll never reach Heat status again.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
If that movie outgrosses Dark Knight domestically somehow so help me god I will fly to Cali and stab Michael Bay in the neck with a number 2 pencil over and over and over again because he MUST PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

SEXY

Smash Cadet
how is it his 'fault' if it makes a ton of money
just wondering arnt directors responsible for how the movie is "delievered to the audiance"? or something like that? (i really dont know)

also i thought the scene when the nest dudes jumped out of the plane into the desert, that one guy smiling at the camera ruined it

pockyD

Smash Legend
...but in any sort of non-content production/presentation aspect, if the film IS an extreme financial success, then you have to say he did a fantastic job at that... it's not like he should make a film, 'realize' that it 'sucks', then encourage people to not see it

I don't get what you would have wanted for the movie since it was so "bad" content-wise; would you have rather it only been released in maybe 50 theaters, mostly in south dakota?

I'm more angry that "meet the spartans" was #1 at the box offices at one point

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Manny, it HASN'T outgrossed Dark Knight, I was expressing my anger IF it does. But it will 100% outgross it worldwide sadly and be I think the fifth film ever to gross the 1 billion mark. Dark Knight is the second highest grossing film DOMESTICALLY with over 500 mill. If T2 crosses that SOMEHOW (I believe it won't because it sucks), then Bay will die.

Pocky it's his fault for making a bad movie. I wouldn't have minded at all if it was good. Hell, I'd root for it to make more money in that case.

SEXY

Smash Cadet
Manny, it HASN'T outgrossed Dark Knight, I was expressing my anger IF it does. But it will 100% outgross it worldwide sadly and be I think the fifth film ever to gross the 1 billion mark. Dark Knight is the second highest grossing film DOMESTICALLY with over 500 mill. If T2 crosses that SOMEHOW (I believe it won't because it sucks), then Bay will die.

Pocky it's his fault for making a bad movie. I wouldn't have minded at all if it was good. Hell, I'd root for it to make more money in that case.
oh i miss read what u wrote there thumbs.

i heard from the writers that Micheal bay locked them both in a hotel room and told them to come up with a script in a month. idk if that helps in any way <_<

pockyD

Smash Legend
yes, but being able to market a "bad" movie to half a billion dollars is no reason to hate him or even blame him (although i doubt he did much of the "marketing" anyway)

I'm pretty sure the movie got mostly poor reviews, and yet the people who were anticipating it to be terrible (i.e. you) still saw it, right? You should blame yourself!

SEXY

Smash Cadet
i think my biggest beef with the movie is the lack of creativity in the transformers being used. they reused a lot of them and i thought that was pretty bad

thumbswayup

Smash Master
You're right, I knew 2 years ago it would suck and I still saw it. I wish I hadn't but it's too late now. BUT I can stop others from seeing it or at least warn them in some way. The movie won't beat Dark Knight without word of mouth, even it's current crazy 7 day 228 mill won't help if people mostly hate it. I'm scared though because a lot of people enjoyed it. We'll have to wait until this weekend to see how it holds up.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
if the movie is that bad, how does it's success have any bearing on whether or not you kill the director?

like, how is he at any more fault if it grosses eleventy billion dollars vs. if it grosses zero dollars? his part in the movie is the same regardless of the gross as far as I can tell...

pockyD

Smash Legend
the point is that people (almost all of us included) chose to watch it despite already knowing about an overwhelming amount of negative reviews, so there is no point in trying to 'stop others from seeing it', nor even caring if anyone else saw it when you were so hypocritical to see it yourself (on the other hand, if you DIDN'T see it yourself, then you would have no credibility in bashing the movie; point being, there's no way/reason to bash its profitability)

if you didn't enjoy it, too bad

i had a great time at transformers two

thumbswayup

Smash Master
It's his name that's selling it (one of the many). He had all this time and money and unlimited power to make whatever he wanted and he makes ****. That kind of movie deserves to fail, but it never will because of the massive success and love of the first one (Pirates 2 profited in the exact same way). Bay is adding to the vicious cycle by not trying to make a great movie and instead go for a dumb crowd pleaser that fails even on those lines. Basically, he didn't have to try at all for this film to have a ****ing insane opening weekend that would recap it's losses in one god **** weekend. He knows this, the studio knows this. Instead of using this chance to break free from this, he merely goes along with it. This is the cynicism of Hollywood.

pockyD

Smash Legend
so the studio hired him to make a film that would make money, so he made a film that would try and make money by accentuating what he's already known for

**** him, he must be the root of all evil and he must be stopped

P.S. - so you liked the first one but not the second one? or do you think that the "massive success and love of the first one" was also unjustified?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Not at all. The first one was a wonderful surprise. I didn't walk in thinking what most of you did. I walked in thinking it was gonna be the biggest piece of **** ever and was shocked how much fun it was, which is really the best I could have hoped for. It was funny and had interesting LIKEABLE characters (even the bad guys, John turturro was hilarious) and some great action scenes. It was never boring for even a second.

I just despise how this all works where the second film is always guaranteed a ****load of money even if it sucks because everyone loved the first one. Same thing happened with Pirates. First one was ****ing great and everyone loved it. It made tons of money and what do they do? They pump out two piles of **** asap and the second pirates crossed the billion mark. Did it deserve it? NO IT WAS ****ING HORRIBLE yet it made so much money because people loved the first one so much.

The people are to blame as well, but word of mouth doesn't exist without them. It's a horrible system, but it's what works. That's why films like Spider-man 2 and Dark Knight are such rarities. The filmmakers knew they would make money no matter what BUT THEY ACTUALLY PUT EFFORT IN TO IMPROVE UPON THE ORIGINAL. Why couldn't Bay do that for Transformers?

pockyD

Smash Legend
maybe he put in effort but just did a bad job

anyway, you seem to really have a strange affinity for choosing to see movies that you anticipate being terrible, so i don't know why it's hard for you to understand that others just might do the same

in the end, it seems like your distaste still has absolutely zero to do with how much money it makes // will make // "should" make and really is just back to "I DIDN'T LIKE TRANSFORMERS TWO"

Top Bottom