• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

pockyD

Smash Legend
In the current manifestation of entertainment and media, racism is more socially offensive then murder and torture. Whether that is morally wrong or right is another matter but I still think the statement holds water.
i'm aware of that, which is what i'm arguing against

i'm not saying people 'aren't' more offended by racially charged characters than explicitly violent acts (it's plainly obvious even in the last few posts that this isn't the case); i'm saying they SHOULDN'T be

When you pay to see "Transformers" you expect to see people die and stuff blow up.
should vegetarians be offended that the agent dude worked in a butcher shop? should people affected by the swine flu be offended that someone randomly said "swine flu" for no reason as they descended into the basement (which was really stupid by the way -_-)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Vegetarians should probably steer clear of Gangs of New York then

The modern day references to swine flu and President Obama were ******** beyond belief. More cringe worthy moments.

pockyD

Smash Legend
out of the constructicons?

"However, the movie reveals that Devastator can be formed by a member from each of the seven Contructicon models in a present area" (wikipedia, most reliable source ever) (meaning that there are multiple instances of every constructicon "model"

i didn't watch transformers very much as a kid (even to this day i get optimus prime and megatron confused in casual non-transformer-related conversation (since they come up oh so often)) so i didn't really feel 'cheated'

SEXY

Smash Cadet
out of the constructicons?

"However, the movie reveals that Devastator can be formed by a member from each of the seven Contructicon models in a present area" (wikipedia, most reliable source ever) (meaning that there are multiple instances of every constructicon "model"

i didn't watch transformers very much as a kid (even to this day i get optimus prime and megatron confused in casual non-transformer-related conversation (since they come up oh so often)) so i didn't really feel 'cheated'

yes and no, the construction vehicals they re-used was one thing. but Scrapper got re-used 3x. (
once by being killed to revive megatron, once at the end, and once for the devastator forming.)
rather then coming up with additional transformers they just got lazy and reused the same ones.
the 13 protoforms at the end i can get by since they were "protoforms" and not distinct transformers
but still...

also Jolt was a very last minute addition.
so you know they didnt even think ahead enough with the script on how Optimous got combined with Jetfire.
so more yeah... :(

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Enough of these depressing arguments :(. Somebody play me in street fighter 4 on 360. I know some of you facks have it, so add me. My GT is PC Kira , yeah.. yeah.. mad gay i know LOL. I'm also leaving for Minnesota on Wednesday for a while, so add me before i leave !

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yes, because people who have been murdered will certainly complain about Tarantino films.
I know a few people who fall into this catagory.

ALSO!
PC! I won a piplup doll out of a crane game and thought of you.

Then I gave it to some Korean chick who wanted it and thought of Dustin.
-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
My ps3 got the yellow light of death today. I'm really ****ing pissed off. Now I'll have to get a new crummier version of the ps3 and not have backwards compatability.

Ideas anyone? What should I do? I have about a million options

remove my HD from it....get another 60GB ps3 and risk it ****ing up again?
remove my hd and get a new ps3 and keep my ps2 memory card data, ps3 data, etc in a new model with no backwards
just get a new ps3
send it into sony and see if they can fix it (my warranty is probably voided...its a launch ps3 i got in nov 06

Ideas? Thoughts?

I'm also at loss of a Blu Ray player now as well......and a DVD player in my room. :(

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Almost positive you can still send it into Sony.

Even if it isn't under warranty, it'll still be cheaper than buying a new PS3.
-DD

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
it sure is great to be teaming with DARC at GENESIS
LOLLL Lovage, I'm teaming with Sensei if he doesn't get a partner. I guess if you don't find a partner and he doesn't find a partner and someone sexy from EC doesn't want to team then I'll team with you. Bleh. That was a mouthful.

and now my PSP is hacked thanks to a certain sexy Mewtwo of a man.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
LOLLL Lovage, I'm teaming with Sensei if he doesn't get a partner. I guess if you don't find a partner and he doesn't find a partner and someone sexy from EC doesn't want to team then I'll team with you. Bleh. That was a mouthful.

and now my PSP is hacked thanks to a certain sexy Mewtwo of a man.
I am pretty sure Sensei and I are teaming. So you can be Darc Love.

why are SCAR and PAKMAN not teaming
Scar is teaming with Wife.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
never post again

yes and no, the construction vehicals they re-used was one thing. but Scrapper got re-used 3x. (
once by being killed to revive megatron, once at the end, and once for the devastator forming.)
rather then coming up with additional transformers they just got lazy and reused the same ones.
the 13 protoforms at the end i can get by since they were "protoforms" and not distinct transformers
but still...

also Jolt was a very last minute addition.
so you know they didnt even think ahead enough with the script on how Optimous got combined with Jetfire.
so more yeah... :(
You are a terrible, terrible nerd. fyi.

I want Norcal commentary on Darc matches :bee:

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
LOOOOOL I had forgotten about that scene. Certainly it wasn't just that that made you hate the movie?
Nah it was just the whole thing overall: A major plot point being Ludacris saying Chinaman over and over again and then running over one. Matt Dillon fingering Thandie Newton (cause THAT'S A RACIST THING TO DO). Don Cheadle being like OH I'MA SAY A RACIST COMMENT NOW. The fact that it needed to pretend to SHOOT A CHILD in order to elicit emotion.
That movie is for white people to watch and then feel like they are less racist or something.

Top Bottom