• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
this talk about cat3 reminds me of that episode in a sitcom where they do flashbacks for the duration, which reminds me of my first major tourney(probly my 2nd tourney)......*dream fade effect*

I took a bus to newark and I had been sitting next to a hot chick until we stopped in NY for the lay over. Then I sat alone and got to stretch for a bit. I was near the bathroom so the smell was kinda funny.

I got in late and pockyD picked me up from newark and I stayed the night in parispany.

The day started and I played friendlies with reik and zanguzen. Later that day I got turned down my DA Dave for friendlies and ***** by HBK in friendlies for about an 1hr(all fox marth). I think the tourney was delayed because we were waiting on chu or wes. I they both came really late and I got to play lots of ppl. I was so excited that I didn't eat for the whole day.

Chu came in eating something I think and Wes came in with D1 loud and reppin NY. He came in and immediately played friendlies and talked about how everyone in NJ played falco. If I remember correctly "Why nigg@s always gotta bust the gun?!?!?.......dis nigg@ gi-joe with falco son"

So the tourney started and I think that I got mistaken for the NJ swift that had quit recently cuz I got an easy match first round. I won then watched chillin go off on jfox in fox dittos. Then I faced zanguzen on the same TV. The match started and he didn't lazer. He ran into the middle of YS , turned around and began Utilting. I got confused and dash danced right into it. I dun remember too much after that. I got ***** and remember hearing Jfox cheering for me.

I then got to face kiwii in losers along with a cheering forward. I waveshined > drilled kiwii across FD game 2 and forward looked at me, and said "DAT **** DUN WORK!". I beat kiwii and then lost to someone who I forgot.

Best of all...I saw Reik versus Chillin..........Holy **** was that one of the best sets I've ever seen in person. game 1 was YS and Chillin Won, but reik combo'd pretty well and made it close. Game 2 was FD and holy **** was this one of the best games I've see at the time. reik had taken chillin's first stock with a 6/10 combo and people started watching, the crowd got larger by the second and reik 0-deathed chillin's stock finishing with that Fsmash (reading the tech towards the stage). Shizwiz eat your heart out(he wasn't even around at the time iirc). The crowd exploded and muz had to kick ppl out of the tight room. the majority of the group watching watched through a window as reik won after chillin went BACK to FD. Reik had to be laughing inside when he ewnt back.....everyone knows that reik's fav stage is FD.

I got dropped off by mogwai in newark and my bus never came. I had to stay at the wyndam the night and leave in the morning. Mom was kinda pissed but I was at a great tourney.

Foward almost beat m2k that day, i tihnk he choked or something. I remember being in the background of doyoungs video for like 2 sec.

the end

yes the story is cool, BRO!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
i just wasted my morning reading the posts between 5:30 last night and 11:30 this morning and I can safely say that it completely wasn't worth it. people need to stop getting PoF trolled. I mean, come on people, he said that MattDotZeb is the most consistent TO in the community, how are you taking him at all seriously?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
i just wasted my morning reading the posts between 5:30 last night and 11:30 this morning and I can safely say that it completely wasn't worth it. people need to stop getting PoF trolled. I mean, come on people, he said that MattDotZeb is the most consistent TO in the community, how are you taking him at all seriously?
this is why you just post a picture of an 80s toy or something when he posts. I'm finding it much more satisfying than arguing with him.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
omg, swift, do you still only do 15 posts/page? that **** is SOOO not CT
ima lamo :cool:

this is why you just post a picture of an 80s toy or something when he posts. I'm finding it much more satisfying than arguing with him.
when u do that the page switches too quick =(

speaking of pictures......the best derailment post in the history of smashboards belongs to Cort. Cort I would search for that post but holy **** it was a while ago and you have like >9000 post. It was back when you and Mike took up the pages up here.

noodles

Smash Champion
Inui encounters Enemy Blastoise
Inui uses Down Throw to Fair
But it missed
Enemy Blastoise uses Hydro Pump
It’s not very effective…
Inui’s belly absorbed the attack!
Inui uses mindgames
But it failed
Enemy Blastoise uses Ice Beam
But it doesn’t affect Inui
Inui uses Inescapable Chain Grab
But it missed
Enemy Blasoise uses Heat
Inui uses WAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
Enemy Blastoise becomes furious
Inui uses Fire Emblem Stat
Enemy Blastoise’s Fury rose
Enemy Blastoise uses you-lost-to-DoYoung-in-tourney
A critical hit!
It’s super effective!!!
Inui’s pride lowered
Inui has low HP
Inui uses Limit Break: Logic
Inui explains how he “beats” Mew2King’s Marth
Enemy Blastoise starts bashing his head off the wall, not understanding how this is possible
Inui explains how Mew2King’s Fox is his easiest character to beat
Enemy Blastoise’s Confusion grew, it may hurt itself
Enemy Blastoise uses Skull Bash!
Enemy Blastoise bounces off Inui’s belly!
Enemy Blastoise has been hit by recoil!
Inui further explains how Mew2King’s Pichu beat his Sheik with almost only Nair
Enemy Blastoise is in great pain, and wishes for his death
Inui finishes off his attack with how, based off various friendlies through the United States, he’s somehow better than Isai
Enemy Blastoise’s brain implodes
A critical hit!
It’s super effective!!!
Enemy Blastoise Fainted
Inui gained 745 Exp Points
completely worth searching. it was pretty funny

edit: this is from 07 o_0

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
this talk about cat3 reminds me of that episode in a sitcom where they do flashbacks for the duration, which reminds me of my first major tourney(probly my 2nd tourney)......*dream fade effect*

I took a bus to newark and I had been sitting next to a hot chick until we stopped in NY for the lay over. Then I sat alone and got to stretch for a bit. I was near the bathroom so the smell was kinda funny.

I got in late and pockyD picked me up from newark and I stayed the night in parispany.

The day started and I played friendlies with reik and zanguzen. Later that day I got turned down my DA Dave for friendlies and ***** by HBK in friendlies for about an 1hr(all fox marth). I think the tourney was delayed because we were waiting on chu or wes. I they both came really late and I got to play lots of ppl. I was so excited that I didn't eat for the whole day.

Chu came in eating something I think and Wes came in with D1 loud and reppin NY. He came in and immediately played friendlies and talked about how everyone in NJ played falco. If I remember correctly "Why nigg@s always gotta bust the gun?!?!?.......dis nigg@ gi-joe with falco son"

So the tourney started and I think that I got mistaken for the NJ swift that had quit recently cuz I got an easy match first round. I won then watched chillin go off on jfox in fox dittos. Then I faced zanguzen on the same TV. The match started and he didn't lazer. He ran into the middle of YS , turned around and began Utilting. I got confused and dash danced right into it. I dun remember too much after that. I got ***** and remember hearing Jfox cheering for me.

I then got to face kiwii in losers along with a cheering forward. I waveshined > drilled kiwii across FD game 2 and forward looked at me, and said "DAT **** DUN WORK!". I beat kiwii and then lost to someone who I forgot.

Best of all...I saw Reik versus Chillin..........Holy **** was that one of the best sets I've ever seen in person. game 1 was YS and Chillin Won, but reik combo'd pretty well and made it close. Game 2 was FD and holy **** was this one of the best games I've see at the time. reik had taken chillin's first stock with a 6/10 combo and people started watching, the crowd got larger by the second and reik 0-deathed chillin's stock finishing with that Fsmash (reading the tech towards the stage). Shizwiz eat your heart out(he wasn't even around at the time iirc). The crowd exploded and muz had to kick ppl out of the tight room. the majority of the group watching watched through a window as reik won after chillin went BACK to FD. Reik had to be laughing inside when he ewnt back.....everyone knows that reik's fav stage is FD.

I got dropped off by mogwai in newark and my bus never came. I had to stay at the wyndam the night and leave in the morning. Mom was kinda pissed but I was at a great tourney.

Foward almost beat m2k that day, i tihnk he choked or something. I remember being in the background of doyoungs video for like 2 sec.

the end

yes the story is cool, BRO!
Done! For the one, maybe 2 people that use less than 40 per page.

Cool story bros before cool story hoes.
>_> hmm...

Cool story bros before cool story hoes.
OH I GET IT.
-DD

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
that was a great story, swift!
was chillin vs reik recorded?

also hi, Woz. we miss ya.

SleepyK

if he's serious then it's just stupidity

man, i have so many fond memories of smash tournaments.
i love you guys.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Lol @ Cat 3 memories. I was actually friends with her at the time and recall giving her a piggy back ride with her broken leg. And Chu took off his shirt and I ran away at lightning speed.

Anyways.

I GOT SUNDAY OFF. YEAH MOTHER ****ERSSS MASS MADNESSS!!!!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
so um for this weekend, is it just me, _milktea, and swiftbass going to Mass Madness? Cort, wanna come? Lil, what type of car do you have? I wanna bring my setup, but it'd be uncomfortable if my TV can't fit in the trunk.

EDIT: unless it's just the 3 of us, then it can ride backseat.

SleepyK

GET SERIOUS

ARE YOU OKAY?

BUSTA WOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLFFFFFFFfffff

Top Bottom