• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I never said that statistical records proved that IKM2 was better. you should talk........you and P.O.F are talking about how the music made the video better gtfo.
W-----O-----W.

So, basically what you are saying is that musical selection has absolutely little to no value in creating a video? Is that what you're saying?
No, what he is saying is that music isn't as important as content. Music is pretty important in a combo video, but not nearly as much as the actual footage.

IKM1 and IKM2 entertained me more than Darkrain's combo video. Some of Darkrain's combos were super impressive, his technical ability and spacing and all that stuff. But a lot of Darkrain's stuff is fairly conventional. Scar, who isn't as good as Darkrain, put some crazy unconventional falcon stuff in his video. Scar is flashy, Darkrain isn't. He does what works, perfectly.

A combo video to me is all about entertainment. You don't watch a combo video to get insight on a character. You watch to gasp to laugh and to be amazed. Scar's definitely provided more of that.

Scar's Content > Darkrain's content.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Wow, i loved this post Cogsmooch. <3

Dark Rains music was better, it got progressively better as it went on, hes winning in about a good 90% of the clips which shows hes a dominant player, it was not corny, (he did not random falcon kick, taunt or do something stupid in the middle of the video just for fun) the name for the video was beyond perfect, and it wasn't too long where I it got to the point where I got sick of watching it. There are a good five combo videos I can think of on the top of my head that would be a good 3X better if they were shorter. A combo video is not just about the "combos" there are other little aspects that help make a great video.

It's like making a movie. You need the right score, story line, introduction to get your viewers interested and a nice way to end it. IKM II has a better ending...thats about it.
I never said that statistical records proved that IKM2 was better. you should talk........you and P.O.F are talking about how the music made the video better gtfo.

I like how you said you wrote things down and then dun mention any of them. You might as well not have said that you wrote anything down. Its not like what you wrote is of any importance anyways its subjective just as my thoughts on sequences are. I will quote myself and leave it at that.

THIS IS WHY I BELIEVE IKM2 was better. That and the production value in comparison with darkrains.
No, what he is saying is that music isn't as important as content. Music is pretty important in a combo video, but not nearly as much as the actual footage.

IKM1 and IKM2 entertained me more than Darkrain's combo video. Some of Darkrain's combos were super impressive, his technical ability and spacing and all that stuff. But a lot of Darkrain's stuff is fairly conventional. Scar, who isn't as good as Darkrain, put some crazy unconventional falcon stuff in his video. Scar is flashy, Darkrain isn't. He does what works, perfectly.

A combo video to me is all about entertainment. You don't watch a combo video to get insight on a character. You watch to gasp to laugh and to be amazed. Scar's definitely provided more of that.

Scar's Content > Darkrain's content.
I can't believe I'm agreeing with POF.

Basically, video is an aural and visual medium. We agree that whose combos are more enjoyable than whose is mostly subjective. Which leaves the rest of the presentation to debate over. IKM2 was too long and had baaaad music. MR was the opposite.
The end.
Let's all hug.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer

Basically, video is an aural and visual medium. We agree that whose combos are more enjoyable than whose is mostly subjective. Which leaves the rest of the presentation to debate over. IKM2 was too long and had baaaad music. MR was the opposite.
The end.
Let's all hug.
*Hugs

I really don't care that much. Scar is my bro, and I gotta stand up for his video (I did mean everything I posted). Any other video discussion and I probably wouldn't have said anything.... unless you are bashing OH GIRL!, in which case **** off.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
*Touches beard*

Sorry about ditching you and Darc at AB, you guys went off to play Bawrl on a laggy projector next to the Artists Alley, so I went to grab something to eat with CT. >_>
No problem ha. Yeah we looked over and were like WHERE DID THEY GO?? lol Like I said AMAZING hanging out with you :)

*Hugs

I really don't care that much. Scar is my bro, and I gotta stand up for his video (I did mean everything I posted). Any other video discussion and I probably wouldn't have said anything.... unless you are bashing OH GIRL!, in which case **** off.
Dude he did that team combo with you, you can meatride him from here to ragnarok

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
moved from frumpy shrubbery thread cause I think this belongs here:

I give lots of dudes blue balls
so, fun fact about the drive back from DC to Philly on 95. once you cross over into PA, one of the first streets that you see crossing over 95 is called "blueball ave." and suffice to say that seeing that street name on my way back from my girlfriend's house made me chuckle at least a few times.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
moved from frumpy shrubbery thread cause I think this belongs here:

so, fun fact about the drive back from DC to Philly on 95. once you cross over into PA, one of the first streets that you see crossing over 95 is called "blueball ave." and suffice to say that seeing that street name on my way back from my girlfriend's house made me chuckle at least a few times.
lol that's awesome. I love seeing weird street names.

Also I love quoting so I can see my new sig.

pockyD

Smash Legend
The end.
Let's all hug.
music and length are ALSO agreeably subjective

P. O. F.

Smash Ace

The end.
Let's all hug.
*Hugs

Ironically enough, I have not "favorited" your combo video Pakman...which is weird, because its one of my favorites (no meat riding intentional here) because its a good video with some great/fun audio that stays true to what you are showing the community. It's simple but at the same time, interesting.

Oh yeah, and The Shining is ****ing sick. I also find the original "The Omen" and "Burnt Offerings" to be incredible as well.

The orignal nightmare on elm street and halloween are amazing too....but from there everything else sucks. lol

Does anyone here think that the Ice Climbers have an advantage against Sheik on most neutrals?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I don't know I think after "Drag Me to Hell" comes out we might have a new number 1.....

Ok maybe not.
LOL
I do hear it's good, though.

Does anyone here think that the Ice Climbers have an advantage against Sheik on most neutrals?
Considering sopo can CG her yes. But it's more even than most think.

Mogwai: I'm not really into horror movies at all, but those two are classic CINEMA.

Top Bottom