• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

noodles

Smash Champion
i admit the tournament thing was a mistake, but saying that unknownforce is going to the tournament incase people wanted to see him shouldnt have triggered that conversation.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
i didnt really decide to host this. the people at DM told me they were free this weekend and asked me to. i was gonna cancel and there wasnt going to be a tournament at all until ace told me he can run it. i advertised it because i WAS going to go. i wasnt really gonna post a link in here or the other ct thread since i already have. i decided to say people should go in case anyone wanted to see him.
Johns, johns, johns. You accepted the responsibility of hosting this when you agreed to run it. It was your decision to say "yes". You also should have made sure that you would be able to host in on that date, or just declined if you weren't sure.

To be honest, I wouldn't care about how you do things if I hadn't seen you post this **** in Spawn's tourney's thread:
yeah its really dumb how a game not many people play anymore gets more priority over brawl.
And then this in your own thread:
lol at RI trying to figure out who the best of their state is >_<
I wonder where you get the gall to snidely criticize other tournament hosts for their decisions when you can't handle the responsibility of hosting a tournament yourself.
i dont really think this is an argument :/
no you didnt. you said things that had nothing to do with my original post and then insulted. you didnt really prove anything. i really dont care how mad you are behind your monitor
I really don't see how anyone could misinterpret or completely miss the point I'm trying to make here, unless that someone has the reading comprehension of a child in second grade.

Let me reiterate: You make some incredibly stupid posts with regards to Spawn, saying that he's making a dumb choice by not having a Brawl event at his tourney, and also the TO of the RI tournament by implying that it's stupid and a waste of time to figure out who's the best in RI at Brawl. It's their choice what to do with their tournaments, keep your snide opinions to yourself.

Now you agree with DM to have this tournament, and then due to circumstances (forseen or unforseen) you are unable to attend, which to me seems irresponsible, unless you had no idea something would come up on this weekend.

In short, I really disapprove of your insulting remarks (whether intentional or unintentional) about Spawn and the TO of the RI tourney, and how it seems you handled this upcoming tourney at DM. Also, saying that Kyle was attending your tournament seemed to me like a shameless plug. I might have been mistaken on that part, but the rest I don't regret.

I up-throw rest my case.

noodles

Smash Champion
I really don't see how anyone could misinterpret or completely miss the point I'm trying to make here, unless that someone has the reading comprehension of a child in second grade.

Let me reiterate: You make some incredibly stupid posts with regards to Spawn, saying that he's making a dumb choice by not having a Brawl event at his tourney, and also the TO of the RI tournament by implying that it's stupid and a waste of time to figure out who's the best in RI at Brawl. It's their choice what to do with their tournaments, keep your snide opinions to yourself.

Now you agree with DM to have this tournament, and then due to circumstances (forseen or unforseen) you are unable to attend, which to me seems irresponsible, unless you had no idea something would come up on this weekend.

In short, I really disapprove of your insulting remarks (whether intentional or unintentional) about Spawn and the TO of the RI tourney, and how it seems you handled this upcoming tourney at DM.

I up-throw rest my case.
i can say my opinions whenever....theyre opinions, doesnt matter whether or not you disapprove of them. you should pick a better time to call me up on posts, like when i posted them. you called my post in spawns thread, if you still had a problem with it you shouldnt have let the conversation die, and not bring it up some random time a week later.
i cant make my tournament. mistakes happen. i was gonna cancel it but ace was nice enough to "run" it for me. it still works out and if it lets people play this weekend id rather have someone who probably wouldve helped me with seeding anyways then to cancel. problem?

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
(Not worth reading)
problem?
There was no reason to push it further because you didn't pull the "it's my opinion" card. I didn't have to call you out in your tourney thread because Kevin beat me to it.

Problem? How about I think you're irresponsible and a tool in general?

Most people would have a contingency plan just in case, and make sure that they would be able to attend their own tournament. Doesn't seem like that happened here.

You're pulling the "it's my opinion" card now? Too little, too late. It's already been established that your opinions about other people's tourneys aren't worth **** because it's the TO's call to do whatever they want with their tourney, not yours.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I think like most people missed my post where I'm coming up the weekend of the 26th.

You guys better hold something. Preferably a tournament on the beach.

noodles

Smash Champion
well then thats good for you. i made a mistake. regardless it worked out and the tournament is still being held.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I wonder where you get the gall to snidely criticize other tournament hosts for their decisions when you can't handle the responsibility of hosting a tournament yourself.
I'm sorry Noodles, but this is true. You criticize other people for their lack of tournament placing, way they run their tournaments etc but you hardly enter and you just bakced out of hosting a tournament and placed it in the hands of someone who "might be able to go." With all do respect, start taking responsibility for your tournaments. You also did not complete an online tournament here in the community a few months back and you still got the "tournament director" status.

I think like most people missed my post where I'm coming up the weekend of the 26th.

You guys better hold something. Preferably a tournament on the beach.
Umm, we'll be playing Brawl and Melee sir. I might host a Melee tournament.....not sure.

Cort

Apple Head
Wait, noodles criticizing OTHERs about tournament placing?

Don't you like, have to at least pass pools before you do that kinda stuff?

noodles

Smash Champion
I'm sorry Noodles, but this is true. You criticize other people for their lack of tournament placing, way they run their tournaments
ive never criticized anyones tournament placing. prove me wrong,otherwise stop making stuff up.i dont think suggesting brawl over ssb64 is criticizing the way someone runs a tournament either etc but you hardly enter and you just bakced out of hosting a tournament and placed it in the hands of someone who
"might be able to go."
you got this from reading one of variola's posts. ace is going and hes bringing icy and tom
With all do respect, start taking responsibility for your tournaments.
i ****ed up i get it. geezus i cant help it. tournaments still being ran regardless
You also did not complete an online tournament here in the community a few months back and you still got the "tournament director" status.
no one wanted to play in it anymore because matches werent getting played thats not my fault at all.
in bold again i guess

noodles

Smash Champion
Wait, noodles criticizing OTHERs about tournament placing?

Don't you like, have to at least pass pools before you do that kinda stuff?
i already told you. i didnt go to apex. and on top of that i dont think i ever "criticized" anyone because of their results

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
i dont think suggesting brawl over ssb64 is criticizing the way someone runs a tournament either

you got this from reading one of variola's posts. ace is going and hes bringing icy and tom
If my opinion mattered, I'd have all Brawl tournaments be Melee tournaments instead, but I know better. I don't go around to Brawl tourney threads saying "You're making a dumb choice holding a Brawl tourney, Melee's a much better game". Tournament organizers decide what to hold. If people don't show up, that's on the TO's head.

I thought Ace was iffy on going because of gas issues based on this post you linked: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7372242&postcount=17

If he is definitely going, that's cool.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
NO COGSMOOCH

NOOOOO

and lolol biz markie was clearly on drugs in that video i posted.

kevinm beeyamen and give me a real infraction!

_milktea

Smash Lord
Everyone says to do Mirror's Edge.

On another note, my English/grammar sucks so, bare with me:

Can you guys help recommend me anything to bring to college that is extra helpful that..only a college kid who has dormed already would know? Nothing obvious like..towels XD. I don't know how to explain/ask. Halp.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

Can you guys help recommend me anything to bring to college that is extra helpful that..only a college kid who has dormed already would know? Nothing obvious like..towels XD. I don't know how to explain/ask. Halp.
Condoms

i m clevar
Haha!

Don't listen to Darc. It's the man's job to supply them anyways. If the female is supplying them then there should probably be some sort of quarantine put on her ******, unless she has a good reason for having them.

Uh, bring books you haven't read/may want to re-read, for those days you don't want to spend on a computer or doing your work.
-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Haha!

Don't listen to Darc. It's the man's job to supply them anyways. If the female is supplying them then there should probably be some sort of quarantine put on her ******, unless she has a good reason for having them.

Uh, bring books you haven't read/may want to re-read, for those days you don't want to spend on a computer or doing your work.
-DD
cell phone charger, gamecube controller, bottle opener, jackets, **** to hang on your walls, etc.

also, it's both party's responsibility to be safe about sex. there's nothing wrong with a girl providing condoms.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I'm posting so it won't do that annoying thing where it says there's another page but it just links back to the top of the current page.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord

Alarm clock or something to wake you up in the morning. Shower caddy to carry your soap and stuff. Also bring a couple over-the-door coat hangers which you can also hang on a bunk bed, like this: http://p.office1000.com/hi/4/1/4166.jpg

Usually there'll only be one or two coat hangers on the inside of the closet doors, but you don't want to hang your wet towel on the inside of your closet because stuff will probably start growing in there.

Something I did with my roommate a year ago was to attach a little whiteboard to the inside of the door, so that we could leave each other messages about where we were or what we were doing without having to call or text to find out. Not necessary, but it had its uses.

Top Bottom