• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

_milktea

Smash Lord
Uh oh. I can't do Saturday night though, wedding the next day that I have to leave for 7:30 AM :(. You could always hit up DJ Nintendo's?

DAZWA'S COMING TO CT?! wat

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QMEPFZa4ZQo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QMEPFZa4ZQo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just so I can keep listening to this while I view the thread.

noodles

Smash Champion
im not going to my tournament >_<

smashfest would be cool

also ill talk to dm people and try to get one for the weekend of the 26th. theres alot of time in between too so hopefully alot of people would show.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
^LOL I've never heard of someone backing out of their own tournament. That is funny.

I'm going to Southington today to play this Brawl/Melee player Arcane. Hes a cool kid. I at least have happiness in knowing he also enjoys Melee too.

You suck Lil errr haha

next weekend then? I might go to shrubbery...probably not. I don't really feel like traveling for smash right now. I need to make $ this summer, not spend it.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I wanna see how the Ben thing works out.
Also,
she kinda just got what she deserved. Also, way to fail Hydrogen Bombs. Way to fail.

Also: WTF with the Statue being a huge-*** Anubis?
-DD
It's actually Taweret. Hence the crocodile head. Goddess of childbirth, protector of family and goddess of the harvest.

LOST
I was talking to my friend Waffu about the finale, and he has come to the conclusion that this second Locke (the alive one) is the smoke monster. And that the person who met with Jacob at the beginning of the episode was the smoke monster's human form.
Since I'm like the biggest Lost fan on the boards (yeah I said that)...
I think it's pretty obvious fake-Locke is the guy from the beginning hanging out with Jacob. We'll call him Esau.
I'm not sure I entirely liked this finale. I liked parts of it. Loved the Rose & Bernard part.

The whole eternal struggle between Jacob and Esau... Jacob's been bringing people to the Island for whatever reason (start a new world/civilization?) for a long long time... Esau thinks he's destined to fail every time. All this is just a struggle between two characters we've never met. Which IMO isn't a smart move when you only have 14 episodes left. I know I'm jumping the gun a bit, but to me it's basically negating what we have seen and thought about our Losties: Jack was destined to be in struggle/partnership with Locke. Locke was SPECIAL (the island healing his spine) and had a grand destiny on/for The Island.
But nope, EVERYBODY was/is a pawn for these two ancient *******s. Locke isn't special at all, he's still dead. I really love the mythology but I really wish it was intrinsically intertwined with the characters we've spent the past 103 hours with...which it very well might be for all I know.
All the Dharmaville stuff seemed moot and kind of silly in comparison to Locke-Esau conning Ben into killing his ancient rival or whatever. And that sucks. I wanted the Dharmaville stuff to be important. I wanted Locke's mission to bring people back to the Island to MEAN SOMETHING.
And I certainly didn't want basically no RESULTS and only ACTION. (aka the bomb going off/incident happening and Jacob death....but no consequences)

I still trust Darlton tons, but I'm nervous.

Edit: Oh and WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE how much I wanted a final shot of what the reality for the Castaways is going to be, cryptic as hell or not.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
All that said, I think this ep might be one viewed much better in hindsight. I think alot of things that happened are going to be put into perspective in Season 6. In that respect, this almost felt like a premiere and not a finale.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
unknownforce is coming so melee people should try to show to it this weekend
...Why? It's a Brawl tournament with one Melee event. Kyle's probably going to be playing Brawl 90% of the time anyway, so any chance of playing Melee with him would be small.

noodles

Smash Champion
hes still playing melee though
(probably anyways)

iunno i figured id post that since alot of people probably havent seen him in awhile

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Yeah, you also figured you'd try to raise attendance for a tourney that's looking pretty bad right now, to get people who otherwise wouldn't go to attend.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i figured someone would have responded to me by now

i guess there's absolutely nothing going on in new england area worth making a trip for before and after june 26

noodles

Smash Champion
actually a tournament in ma got cancelled a few days ago and theres probably going to be around 40 people. it doesnt look bad at all

but yeah im trying to get alot of people to go to a tournament im not attending for a game i dont play much

noodles

Smash Champion

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
if your saying what i think your trying to say look at the times the posts were made. i was gonna cancel before the MA tournament was cancelled (or atleast before i found out about it)
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7371574&postcount=13

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7372242&postcount=17

ace decided he could run this for me, i am pretty lucky huh?
It's funny that you decided to hold this tourney, found out you might not be able to go, then passed on the responsibility of running it to other people who might not be able to go either, and posted just this morning that you're not going to your own tournament.

Also, all tournament hosts try to get more attendance for their tourneys, but I've never seen a host advertise for a tourney they're not even going to or running.

you guys call this fighting!? GET PERSONAL!!!! SOMEONE, MAKE FUN OF THE OTHER GUY'S TINY PEN!S!!!!!!!!!!!
Your ***** size is inversely proportional to the number of banners in your sig.

noodles

Smash Champion
It's funny that you decided to hold this tourney, found out you might not be able to go, then passed on the responsibility of running it to other people who might not be able to go either, and posted just this morning that you're not going to your own tournament.

Also, all tournament hosts try to get more attendance for their tourneys, but I've never seen a host advertise for a tourney they're not even going to or running.

Your ***** size is inversely proportional to the number of banners in your sig.
i didnt really decide to host this. the people at DM told me they were free this weekend and asked me to. i was gonna cancel and there wasnt going to be a tournament at all until ace told me he can run it. i advertised it because i WAS going to go. i wasnt really gonna post a link in here or the other ct thread since i already have. i decided to say people should go in case anyone wanted to see him.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QMEPFZa4ZQo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QMEPFZa4ZQo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jzh5028 (11:40:32 AM): I think you should bump Biz Markie twice on that page.

WWRDude (11:43:22 AM): the thread clearly doesn't have enough Biz Markie

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
i didnt really decide to host this. the people at DM told me they were free this weekend and asked me to. i was gonna cancel and there wasnt going to be a tournament at all until ace told me he can run it. i advertised it because i WAS going to go. i wasnt really gonna post a link in here or the other ct thread since i already have. i decided to say people should go in case anyone wanted to see him.
Johns, johns, johns. You accepted the responsibility of hosting this when you agreed to run it. It was your decision to say "yes". You also should have made sure that you would be able to host in on that date, or just declined if you weren't sure.

To be honest, I wouldn't care about how you do things if I hadn't seen you post this **** in Spawn's tourney's thread:
yeah its really dumb how a game not many people play anymore gets more priority over brawl.
And then this in your own thread:
lol at RI trying to figure out who the best of their state is >_<
I wonder where you get the gall to snidely criticize other tournament hosts for their decisions when you can't handle the responsibility of hosting a tournament yourself.

noodles

Smash Champion
Johns, johns, johns. You accepted the responsibility of hosting this when you agreed to run it. It was your decision to say "yes". You also should have made sure that you would be able to host in on that date, or just declined if you weren't sure.
im not johning. i cant go to it. people who decide to "run" tournaments in digital mayhem dont really do anything at all. just seeding, its always been like that
To be honest, I wouldn't care about how you do things if I hadn't seen you post this **** in Spawn's tourney's thread:
And then this in your own thread: i wasnt bashing the idea of that tournament at all. thats something i would do (itd probably be in the form of a round robin though)RI sucks at brawl. the only decent player there is melito. thats why i found it funny that they were trying to figure out who the best in RI was

I wonder where you get the gall to snidely criticize other tournament hosts for their decisions when you can't handle the responsibility of hosting a tournament yourself.
replies are in bold

i dont really think this is an argument :/

noodles

Smash Champion
i was lost without it

its funny what you can accomplish with this post

unknownforce is coming so melee people should try to show to it this weekend
congrats

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
@noodles: Yeah never mind your previous record of **** posts.

Thanks for the congratulations, I know I pulled off a wonderful job of ripping you a new one, even if you can't see it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
o.o Its a Crocodile head? and its the God of Childbirth...on an Island where kids can't be born...that's...interesting...

I also share your frustration in making everything seem unimportant, because everything is time-paradoxy. If the Hydrogen bomb REALLY changed things, then everything Locke-Esau is doing wouldn't be happening because the island doesn't exist. But its basically doing what happened in DBZ with the introduction of Trunks, which is splitting into 2 timelines, where their actions only effect the future of the time line they are in, not the time line they came from, because as they keep saying, what happened has happened. Or everything that Dharmaville is doing is completely useless because it was "supposed to happen" are the events that made the island what it was when they land there[ which seems unlikely because Hydrogen bombs rarely cause an underground station to be built].

And I wish my weekends weren't booked out the *** so I could go to these things and play Brawl+ or Melee. Whacha doin' tonight Poffy? If I could come over that might be cool. Of course it still remains to be seen if I even can. =P But we'll see.

-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
so if there's anything going on in the new englands before and after the june 26th let me know pls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRw0qL_cCM0

once again

JUST SUCK YA TEETH
jesus christ...

from the comments there:

doubleas2380 (19 hours ago)
...........we put one of these ****ing things in the White House, ugh.

...wow, I really hate the internet sometimes. Also that video blows, I hate you sleepy :mad088: <3

noodles

Smash Champion
@noodles: Yeah never mind your previous record of **** posts.
my posts arent that bad
Thanks for the congratulations, I know I pulled off a wonderful job of ripping you a new one, even if you can't see it.
no you didnt. you said things that had nothing to do with my original post and then insulted. you didnt really prove anything. i really dont care how mad you are behind your monitor

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
jesus christ...

from the comments there:

doubleas2380 (19 hours ago)
...........we put one of these ****ing things in the White House, ugh.

...wow, I really hate the internet sometimes. Also that video blows, I hate you sleepy :mad088: <3
Yea I saw that too...
Wasn't really sure what to say about that in all my of fury. Ignorance</3

my posts arent that badno you didnt. you said things that had nothing to do with my original post and then insulted. you didnt really prove anything. i really dont care how mad you are behind your monitor
o.o I think the moral of the story is make sure you can run the tournaments you set up, or don't host. DM or not, its still sorta...the thing to do?

-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
o.o Its a Crocodile head? and its the God of Childbirth...on an Island where kids can't be born...that's...interesting...

I also share your frustration in making everything seem unimportant, because everything is time-paradoxy. If the Hydrogen bomb REALLY changed things, then everything Locke-Esau is doing wouldn't be happening because the island doesn't exist. But its basically doing what happened in DBZ with the introduction of Trunks, which is splitting into 2 timelines, where their actions only effect the future of the time line they are in, not the time line they came from, because as they keep saying, what happened has happened. Or everything that Dharmaville is doing is completely useless because it was "supposed to happen" are the events that made the island what it was when they land there[ which seems unlikely because Hydrogen bombs rarely cause an underground station to be built].

And I wish my weekends weren't booked out the *** so I could go to these things and play Brawl+ or Melee. Whacha doin' tonight Poffy? If I could come over that might be cool. Of course it still remains to be seen if I even can. =P But we'll see.

-DD
Actually I changed my mind... it's not Tawaret, it's Sobek. Look him up on wikipedia. Makes more sense.

I didn't mean things seem unimportant because of the time paradox stuff, I meant they seem unimportant because apparently everybody is just pawns of Jacob and "Esau". BUT I've realized that even if they are part of those 2's "game" or "experiment", it doesn't take away what they've been through or what they are going to do. We'll have to wait but I have faith that Locke will remain important.

Top Bottom