• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
That's kinda the story of how I came to be Pro-MK Ban, except it was during the ECRC Finals, M2k v. Azen, and then M2k did that exact thing to beat Azen even though Azen had been ****** him the entire match.
Oooooh yeah, I remember you saying something about that and how M2k gimped his Lucario with dair. What a horribly gay tactic lol

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
You did that yourself? Good stuff. My uncle did sandblasting/etched glass for a while... he was really good.

Gentlemen, TONIGHT:
AWESOME PICTURE IS AWESOME.

I can't wait.

Sometimes I am so filled with HATE I don't know what to do with myself:
http://www.latfh.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0
._. What causes the hate? The white people acting stereotypically "black"?
I don't even notice that anymore LOL.

Oooooh yeah, I remember you saying something about that and how M2k gimped his Lucario with dair. What a horribly gay tactic lol
Yea...its not so effective in Brawl+ because I think they changed the trajectory of the DAir...but it still happens if you DI bad...

But still...M2k made me cry...and I wasn't even playing.
-DD

noodles

Smash Champion
yeah i think so.

people are using matches to show that mk should be banned, so melee people are showing them what theyre saying?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
to be more specific in my satire:

ThumbsWayUPHISOWNASSAMIRITE!?!?!?! said:
Currently, I have very mixed feelings on this. Had you asked me last week I would have said I'm indifferent and could care less if he's banned or not. But I saw something at Apex that made me think twice. The people that were watching will remember this, one of the matches on the live stream early on was Dojo vs Jash. Now, Jash is certainly the best TL in the world. He beat Boss' Luigi in a mm (or was it tourny? they did both and I only saw one of them). In that match vs Boss I saw some incredible things that I didn't even know TL could do. I was very impressed with how he played, so much so that I want to pick up TL for fun now! A while after this match, I witnessed him play Dojo, and my heart broke.

Basically, Dojo nearly three stocked him both games and this is how he did it: got him to the edge, knocked him off the stage, daired him twice and Jash couldn't make it back. He did it all three stock for both games at mid percent. I felt horrible for Jash, you could tell by the look on his face that he had given up once Dojo got him offstage. It was the simplest, stupidest, least skillful, most pathetic thing I've seen an MK do to a character.

It doesn't even matter that Dojo is the 2nd best MK, when all you have to do is hit down on the c stick twice. I know that Dojo plays Santi a lot and has plenty of TL experience, but almost everyone I've talked to says Jash is better than Santi and he was HELPLESS against Dojo. It was disgusting.
Currently, I have very mixed feelings on this. Had you asked me last week I would have said I'm indifferent and could care less if Fox's banned or not. But I saw something at Event52 that made me think twice. The people that were watching will remember this, one of the matches on the live stream early on was Cactuar vs Darkrain. Now, Darkrain is certainly the best CF in the world. He beat HungryBox's Jiggs in a tourney. In that match vs HBox I saw some incredible things that I didn't even know CF could do. I was very impressed with how he played, so much so that I want to pick up CF for fun now! A while after this match, I witnessed him play Cactuar, and my heart broke.

Basically, Cactuar JV 4stocked him in the deciding game and this is how he did it: got him to the edge, knocked him off the stage, kept him off the stage and Darkrain couldn't make it back. He did it all four stock for that game at mid percent. I felt horrible for Darkrain, you could tell by the look on his face that he had given up once Cactuar got him offstage. It was the simplest, stupidest, least skillful, most pathetic thing I've seen a Fox do to a character.

It doesn't even matter that Cactuar is the 2nd best Fox, when all you have to do is hit down on the control stick and b. I know that Cactuar plays Scar a lot and has plenty of CF experience, but almost everyone I've talked to says Darkrain is better than Scar and he was HELPLESS against Cactuar. It was disgusting.

lmao, that was almost too easy to convert :laugh:

noodles

Smash Champion
Cactus took Darkrain's last 3 stocks off without BEING HIT ONCE.
ive seen it. nair is such a good move XD
to be more specific in my satire:

Currently, I have very mixed feelings on this. Had you asked me last week I would have said I'm indifferent and could care less if Fox's banned or not. But I saw something at Event52 that made me think twice. The people that were watching will remember this, one of the matches on the live stream early on was Cactuar vs Darkrain. Now, Darkrain is certainly the best CF in the world. He beat HungryBox's Jiggs in a tourney. In that match vs HBox I saw some incredible things that I didn't even know CF could do. I was very impressed with how he played, so much so that I want to pick up CF for fun now! A while after this match, I witnessed him play Cactuar, and my heart broke.

Basically, Cactuar JV 4stocked him in the deciding game and this is how he did it: got him to the edge, knocked him off the stage, kept him off the stage and Darkrain couldn't make it back. He did it all four stock for that game at mid percent. I felt horrible for Darkrain, you could tell by the look on his face that he had given up once Cactuar got him offstage. It was the simplest, stupidest, least skillful, most pathetic thing I've seen a Fox do to a character.

It doesn't even matter that Cactuar is the 2nd best Fox, when all you have to do is hit down on the control stick and b. I know that Cactuar plays Scar a lot and has plenty of CF experience, but almost everyone I've talked to says Darkrain is better than Scar and he was HELPLESS against Cactuar. It was disgusting.

lmao, that was almost too easy to convert :laugh:
you finished this really fast. it fit really well though

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
It was the simplest, stupidest, least skillful, most pathetic thing I've seen a Fox do to a character:
Yeah I'm sorry but your satire falls completely apart here. Especially because Cactus didn't shine spike him once.
edit: and the perfect spacing, impecable move choice, and incredible patience and mindgames Tuar had isn't even in the same league as down airing with MK

pockyD

Smash Legend
i just know that if you start a long essay with "i could care less" in the first two lines, there is no way you should expect the rest of it to be taken seriously

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Yeah I'm sorry but your satire falls completely apart here. Especially because Cactus didn't shine spike him once.
edit: and the perfect spacing, impecable move choice, and incredible patience and mindgames Tuar had isn't even in the same league as down airing with MK
w/e, players can still be "good with MetaKnight." The fact that Dojo is the 2nd best Metaknight is hugely relevant when talking about the relative ease with which he ***** a mid tier character for the purpose of this comparison.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I would like to start a motion that Fox needs to be banned because of Cactuar vs. Darkrain
w/e, players can still be "good with MetaKnight." The fact that Dojo is the 2nd best Metaknight is hugely relevant when talking about the relative ease with which he ***** a mid tier character for the purpose of this comparison.
Except the difference is what Cactuar did to Darkrain took no skill whatsoever, just about 1 button of input every two seconds. In fact, he just picked up Fox the month before he fought Darkrain. Now, what Dojo did was inhuman and incredibly hard. He practiced MK for three years with M2k and got the timing for every move down perfectly and utilized all the moves to shut down Santi. Man, he certainly used more tech skill than I've ever seen before from a MK user mirite?

lmao sorry Mogwai, but that was one of the most moronic comparisons you could have made :laugh:

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Oh, right. I wasn't paying much attention to the point you were trying to make, was busy farming goats while browsing the boards.

...lol

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Except the difference is what Cactuar did to Darkrain took no skill whatsoever, just about 1 button of input every two seconds. In fact, he just picked up Fox the month before he fought Darkrain. Now, what Dojo did was inhuman and incredibly hard. He practiced MK for three years with M2k and got the timing for every move down perfectly and utilized all the moves to shut down Santi. Man, he certainly used more tech skill than I've ever seen before from a MK user mirite?
I don't see how this is an effective attack against my argument. I'm using satire to say that claiming what Dojo does was skill less sounds just like people *****ing that all cactuar had to do was nair vs. Darkrain. You can say that that's all he had to do all you want, but there's a lot more that goes into that sort of domination.

lmao sorry Mogwai, but that was one of the most moronic comparisons you could have made :laugh:
saying that what the 2nd best player in the world did didn't take any skill is such a scrubby thing to say, even for Brawl... I'm trying to point that out to you. Replace MetaNiteLuver213 for Dojo and sure, you have a point, but I'm just trying to point out how ****ing stupid it is to say that your opinion can be swayed by a great player using the best character in the game ****** a notable mid tier player.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
While that is true, it doesn't change the fact that Dojo merely hit down on the c stick at two times during Jash's recovery to kill him ALL three stocks. Perhaps if Cactuar just back threw shine spiked Darkrain all four stocks your argument would have been valid. But he didn't so it's not.

You weren't there, had you watched it you would have felt the same way. It took little skill to do what he did. Any ****ing MK could do that or learn to do that in no time. How many Foxes do you see JV 4 stocking Darkrain? How many Foxes do you even see BEATING Darkrain at all!?! I main Fox. I've used him for around 2 years and what I saw Cactuar do was absolutely insane. I couldn't replicate it even if I practiced for another year straight. How ****ing sad is it that any good MK right now could gimp Jash like that? ANY GOOD one could because any good MK knows how to dair. Plank could have easily won against him too and he doesn't play Brawl much anymore. You saw his match with Puffster? Take a look at the dair camping, he clearly has the move mastered LMAO

Don't know why you're even trying to make such a comparison when you know as well as anyone else how much longer it takes to be good at Melee.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
trufax, Plank is my favorite brawl player to watch :laugh:

the whole problem with trying to ban something because it's "easy" is that "easy" isn't really something that can be nicely quantified. If we ban MK for being easy to play, why can't we ban DDD too? I think he's a fat **** and super easy to play and ruins my fun, what's the difference? When banning something, you need clear cut criteria with which to measure similar things that aren't being banned.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Oh, right. I wasn't paying much attention to the point you were trying to make, was busy farming goats while browsing the boards.

...lol
Thought I'd share a few pictures of my goat farming.

This is my creator, Thallium. If you look closely at the name under the sprite you'll see my guild title, "Shine Bear". lol smash reference.

This next one shows my jelly blob pet killing the evil red-eyed goats. If you look closely you'll see that I named him Robert Plant.

And here you can see Robert Plant ****** this herd of about 8-10 goats with lightning bolts.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'll repeat, we're better off banning the non-mk characters than banning mk, since all they do is cause people to john about their character all day long

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I never stated in my original argument that MK should be banned because he's "easy" to play. I told that story to illustrate MK's overwhelming advantage offstage against almost all of the cast. In a game where edgeguarding isn't as effective because everyone will make it back 100% of the time with just their double jump if they don't die off the side that is incredibly broken. That was just the point of the story. I'm still undecided about whether to ban him or not.

edit-

Guys, keep fighting. If you get different enough maybe I can tell you apart one day.
LMFAO I might sig this

**** you thumbs, your **** is whack and I'm gonna **** you without a mouse next time we play craft!
LOL you probably will.

Top Bottom