• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
Me and Aiser would like to know who's interested in a CT/local smashfest in the very recent future. Maybe next week or this week?

We could hold it in my basement, I've got two TV's, and maybe we could get more. Kkkkkk thanks. And we could bring chips and pig out .

I live by Uconn.

Or anyone else want to host it =P?

(Lilian's basement is small.)
pretty sure shminkledorf is wanting to go to this

_milktea

Smash Lord
HEY. CALLING MAINE/MASS/NH SMASHERS.

Do you guys remember Wuwu and Zec? Zec's a good Fox from Chicago and Wuwu is a Falco from NH.

They'll be in NH this weekend, and they want people to play from either Massachusetts, Maine, or New Hampshire. Just this weekend.

Hit him up here:
xckzs <----That's Wuwu's sn.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
so is there any time before june 22nd or after july whatever that is good for me to plan a huge roadtrip?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Fail plan.

Hmm, I wonder if I should register online..
Were you referring to my sneaking in as a fail plan?

And are you talking about registering for AB online? Because it's too late to do that.

like the definition of a straw man argument (tho I didn't read the whole thing)

HEY. CALLING MAINE/MASS/NH SMASHERS.

Do you guys remember Wuwu and Zec? Zec's a good Fox from Chicago and Wuwu is a Falco from NH.

They'll be in NH this weekend, and they want people to play from either Massachusetts, Maine, or New Hampshire. Just this weekend.

Hit him up here:
xckzs <----That's Wuwu's sn.
I remember Wuwu from a random Lobster/MST.... he was cool and good.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
And are you talking about registering for AB online? Because it's too late to do that.
Yeah it is. Shame too, because those of us who registered (like myself) got sent an email linking to a barcode to print out. They're using barcode scanners for express registration this year!

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I heard they are hiring at outside company that does large event registration for this year.
I'm normally not the one to cheat and try to use an old pass (because they all look so similar every year) but after the 10 hours in line bull**** last year I feel like they deserve it.

I wonder if attendance will drop?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Blend in with the crowd at the beginning of the line. No one ever notices. I've said before that's how we only had to wait 10 minutes in line at Otakon LOL it may be wrong, but there's no ****ing way I'm waiting three hours in the burning heat.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind the wait as much if it's inside and with AC >_> it was like 100 degrees outside at Otakon and the line went around every building for five blocks. FIVE BLOCKS, I hate cutters too, but it was a friend that did it and I would have kicked myself later had I not joined him.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind the wait as much if it's inside and with AC >_> it was like 100 degrees outside at Otakon and the line went around every building for five blocks. FIVE BLOCKS, I hate cutters too, but it was a friend that did it and I would have kicked myself later had I not joined him.
It's cool. I think we've talked about this before.

Lil: then what day were you planning on going?

_milktea

Smash Lord
I have no idea anymore. Friday is an option but my little brother who was gonna come has prom that day..

So maybe I'll skip the beach Saturday and go to AB? I have no idea :/..if one day is even worth it.

Sliq

Smash Master
Now I heard that milktea was killed by a meteorite. I suppose that was a rumor.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Thumbs-What do you think about Meta Knight? Do you think he should be banned? Can I get like an honest paragraph/opinion on this from you? I'm interested. I think Meta is beatable but I think he does warrant a ban. He alters EVERY characters and initial playstyle and forces any character to be extremely defensive and campy. (to put it in short.)

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Joey and I are going to have so much fun at AB

We already have a game plan.

Edit: Sliq plays Jigglypuff and his name is Justin. EH?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Funny you should ask. During the early days of Brawl, my crusade for the MK ban was well known on the boards to say the least LOL I pretty much used every chance to make a post about his broken nature, lack of bad matchups, and insane camping abilities on counter-picks.

But then I realized that I had no greater feeling playing Brawl than when I defeated an MK in tourny. It was like I did the impossible. Shortly after, I quit Brawl because of the match I had with Hat when he went ROB and spammed/camped his way to victory without any previous use of the character.

These last few months (quit back in November) I've attended very few Brawl tournies, mostly just the big ones like COT4 and Apex. In this time I've come to realize that MK is my second favorite matchup (Snake's my first). This is mostly due to the fact that during the first 6 or so months of Brawl, MD/VA was renowned for it's unreal amount of MK usage. We had Forte, who practically invented MK, here and people learned how to use him watching him play. We also had Plank, Korn, even Azen at times, and a few other notable players who I can't remember at the moment who mained him.

Needless to say, I became good at the matchup. Hell, I even got used to it. It became the standard at each tourny every week for me to face at least two MKs in my bracket. Not much I could do, so I eventually stopped complaining and just played against the **** character. Eventually NL defeated MK with Diddy at Esticle (and then later at a C3) and it showed me that MK was indeed beatable.

Currently, I have very mixed feelings on this. Had you asked me last week I would have said I'm indifferent and could care less if he's banned or not. But I saw something at Apex that made me think twice. The people that were watching will remember this, one of the matches on the live stream early on was Dojo vs Jash. Now, Jash is certainly the best TL in the world. He beat Boss' Luigi in a mm (or was it tourny? they did both and I only saw one of them). In that match vs Boss I saw some incredible things that I didn't even know TL could do. I was very impressed with how he played, so much so that I want to pick up TL for fun now! A while after this match, I witnessed him play Dojo, and my heart broke.

Basically, Dojo nearly three stocked him both games and this is how he did it: got him to the edge, knocked him off the stage, daired him twice and Jash couldn't make it back. He did it all three stock for both games at mid percent. I felt horrible for Jash, you could tell by the look on his face that he had given up once Dojo got him offstage. It was the simplest, stupidest, least skillful, most pathetic thing I've seen an MK do to a character.

It doesn't even matter that Dojo is the 2nd best MK, when all you have to do is hit down on the c stick twice. I know that Dojo plays Santi a lot and has plenty of TL experience, but almost everyone I've talked to says Jash is better than Santi and he was HELPLESS against Dojo. It was disgusting.

That's not to say I entirely agree with banning MK. I'm still 50/50 on it, but that match at Apex has made me lean more towards a pro ban opinion. But I will say MK has no matchups that aren't in his favor or even. He goes even with Snake, Diddy, ICs, and maybe a few others. There isn't a single character who has more than a 50:50 matchup with him, which is pretty stupid. I was really happy that Ally won Apex, just cause I like watching other characters beat an MK.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Funny you should ask. During the early days of Brawl, my crusade for the MK ban was well known on the boards to say the least LOL I pretty much used every chance to make a post about his broken nature, lack of bad matchups, and insane camping abilities on counter-picks.

But then I realized that I had no greater feeling playing Brawl than when I defeated an MK in tourny. It was like I did the impossible. Shortly after, I quit Brawl because of the match I had with Hat when he went ROB and spammed/camped his way to victory without any previous use of the character.

These last few months (quit back in November) I've attended very few Brawl tournies, mostly just the big ones like COT4 and Apex. In this time I've come to realize that MK is my second favorite matchup (Snake's my first). This is mostly due to the fact that during the first 6 or so months of Brawl, MD/VA was renowned for it's unreal amount of MK usage. We had Forte, who practically invented MK, here and people learned how to use him watching him play. We also had Plank, Korn, even Azen at times, and a few other notable players who I can't remember at the moment who mained him.

Needless to say, I became good at the matchup. Hell, I even got used to it. It became the standard at each tourny every week for me to face at least two MKs in my bracket. Not much I could do, so I eventually stopped complaining and just played against the **** character. Eventually NL defeated MK with Diddy at Esticle (and then later at a C3) and it showed me that MK was indeed beatable.

Currently, I have very mixed feelings on this. Had you asked me last week I would have said I'm indifferent and could care less if he's banned or not. But I saw something at Apex that made me think twice. The people that were watching will remember this, one of the matches on the live stream early on was Dojo vs Jash. Now, Jash is certainly the best TL in the world. He beat Boss' Luigi in a mm (or was it tourny? they did both and I only saw one of them). In that match vs Boss I saw some incredible things that I didn't even know TL could do. I was very impressed with how he played, so much so that I want to pick up TL for fun now! A while after this match, I witnessed him play Dojo, and my heart broke.

Basically, Dojo nearly three stocked him both games and this is how he did it: got him to the edge, knocked him off the stage, daired him twice and Jash couldn't make it back. He did it all three stock for both games at mid percent. I felt horrible for Jash, you could tell by the look on his face that he had given up once Dojo got him offstage. It was the simplest, stupidest, least skillful, most pathetic thing I've seen an MK do to a character.

It doesn't even matter that Dojo is the 2nd best MK, when all you have to do is hit down on the c stick twice. I know that Dojo plays Santi a lot and has plenty of TL experience, but almost everyone I've talked to says Jash is better than Santi and he was HELPLESS against Dojo. It was disgusting.

That's not to say I entirely agree with banning MK. I'm still 50/50 on it, but that match at Apex has made me lean more towards a pro ban opinion. But I will say MK has no matchups that aren't in his favor or even. He goes even with Snake, Diddy, ICs, and maybe a few others. There isn't a single character who has more than a 50:50 matchup with him, which is pretty stupid. I was really happy that Ally won Apex, just cause I like watching other characters beat an MK.
hahaha barlw kid logic is amazing

Top Bottom