• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Pakman-definitly get fancier footwork by Chromeo if you like MSTRKRFT, they remix one of the songs on the album.
10 steps ahead of you.

Guy I work with is sharing it so I grabbed the files from him.

Good stuff.

I am personally a big fan of Zebrahead. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
that's cause it's not 1999 anymore *used to be in a ska band in the late 90s*

haha, too good

hmmm here are some random bands that people may find catchy

Fight Like Apes
Ra Ra Riot
Tokyo Police Club
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Star****er
Peter Bjorn and John
Mates of State
M83
Los Compesinos
The Dandy Warhols
Dananananakroyd

i dunno, check em

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Personal favorites:

Shiny Toy Guns
Under the Influence of Giants
DM Ashura (amazing)
Tupac (if you like rap he's the pinnacle)
Gary Jules
Joshua Radin
Nonpoint
Jimi Hendrix
Bob Marley

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
guys I hate POCKYD
:( :) :( :)

I beg to differ -_-

not to say I hate tupac or anything, but you can certainly do much better imo.
tupac is overrated imo. If he were a poet who wrote books and all that good stuff then I'd image him being better at than probly all the rappers. He wasn't really a rapper to me honestly. Just a guy with interesting and down to earth stories and nice beats. For the most part I feel as if he did not have the lyrical and subtle talent that someone like BIG did. Big was everso clever and real at the same time. Tupac to me was striaght forward and presented less lyrical proess. Im not saying he was a horrible rapper, but I just saw his talents as more applicable elsewhere.(writing poetry stroy telling.)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I have different issues with biggie, but you can't really debate his talent, mother****er could put a rhyme together in an interesting way.

EDIT: you are dm brandon, you will be banned shortly, cheers.

P.S. Common's poetry > Tupac's poetry to me, but that might just be me.

FrostytheSnowThug

Smash Cadet
I have different issues with biggie, but you can't really debate his talent, mother****er could put a rhyme together in an interesting way.

EDIT: you are dm brandon, you will be banned shortly, cheers.
Wow, dude. I don't understand what I have ever done to you. Remind me to remedy this, and give you something to dislike me for. ^_^

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Armin Van Buuren, Above and Beyond, Ratatat, DJ Tiesto, Paul van ****, Bloody Beetroots (cornelius is tooooo gooodz).

br4n

Smash Apprentice
It's one of my favorites ever, too. I never get sick of it, it's so friggin dense and amazing. When I saw them last summer they only played ONE song from it (paper thin walls) which was so disappointing...
im going to see them this summer, first time, really excited. this is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about is amazing too. pretty much anything before good news im really into, not to say the last two albums were bad. they just didnt have what the rest of them did.

br4n

Smash Apprentice

haha, too good

hmmm here are some random bands that people may find catchy

Fight Like Apes
Ra Ra Riot
Tokyo Police Club
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Star****er
Peter Bjorn and John
Mates of State
M83
Los Compesinos
The Dandy Warhols
Dananananakroyd

i dunno, check em
[/QUOTE]

peter bjorn and john are amazing, i saw them last year rolling face, it was intense.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Well I'm sorry to say this but almost all the songs they played were from good news... and on. :/ but who knows that might be just the show I saw. (and I saw yeah yeah yeahs and wolf parade that day so it wasn't a total loss :) )

br4n

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm sorry to say this but almost all the songs they played were from good news... and on. :/ but who knows that might be just the show I saw. (and I saw yeah yeah yeahs and wolf parade that day so it wasn't a total loss :) )
yeah yeah yeahs are tight, karen o is like the most intense women ever

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Armin Van Buuren, Above and Beyond, Ratatat, DJ Tiesto, Paul van ****, Bloody Beetroots (cornelius is tooooo gooodz).
marc, you should get satellite radio, literally all of them, do live shows on a regular basis, well not so much ratatat but they play them alot

definatly prime choices when it comes to dance / trance

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
You guys need to say Sonata Arctica, Lordi and A7X more.
Come on guys really
and tarot, and metallica hasn't been said enough times.
People say coheed and cambria is good, I don't like them but they're worth listening to

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Contrary to popular opinion, Coheed is neither good nor worth listening to.

Random unrelated thought: I sometimes get paranoid about my weight, but then I step on a scale and realize that I'm the same weight as I have been for the past like, 6 years.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
D: I kinda like Coheed and Cambria.

Probably because when I didn't get a PSP Game for my PSP I was sitting and listening to "Blood Red Summer" over and over again from the PSP's demo disc.
-DD

Edit//

After the surgery my weight dropped to ~125. Then I started eating and I'm about ~140 again.

LOL.

Sandra said I looked unhealthy when she saw me or something.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Marvel vs Capcom 2 is going to be on XBox Live and PSN.

Most likely.

Rumors of this happening have been flying around like crazy. It was almost basically confirmed by some company (on accident), they made a "Marvel vs Capcom Tournament Edition Arcade Stick" for PS3 and 360, and it used MvC2 artwork. There's been rumors of it being "Marvel vs Capcom 2 HD Remix" but I think that's wishing for much.

I'd really prefer Marvel 3 though =(

EDIT: That tu4ar side is ran by Capcom, btw.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad Seatbelts/Yoko Kanno, The Mars Volta and The Fall of Troy were mentioned.

Dave why do you hate Coheed so much? Hah. I've seen them in concert 3 times and they're awesome. They've gone downhill a bit since their earlier stuff, but it's all good. My favorite album is their second (IKSoSE:3). Which songs/albums are you basing your opinion off of or is it everything? :-P

65daysofstatic are amazing electronic post-rock. I think everyone would be able to appreciate this band, even if you don't like electronica/rock genres: http://www.myspace.com/65propaganda

The Dear Hunter is also a great experimental alt-prog rock band: http://www.myspace.com/thedearhunter

Also, ****ing Rush is ****ing awesome.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So I let Sandra know I was going on a music binge, and now I'm downloading the following:

`System Of A Down
Panic! at the Disco
`Black Eyed Peas
`Daft Punk
MSI
Fall Out Boy
Green Day
All American Rejects
`Linkin Park
Flo Rida

Fratellis
`Sweetbox
`Paramore
`KanYe West
`Gorillaz
`switchfoot
yellowcard
`Aqua
Blink182
Eminem
Simple Plan
thousand foot krutch

I just c/p'd his from my notepad file, the ` means I've downloaded/started downloading a complete collection of their music already.

This is all her suggestions, though, all the stuff I'm taking from you guys I'm doing in bits a pieces. Its hard to watch samples on Youtube when your bandwidth is being *****.
-DD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
marc, you should get satellite radio, literally all of them, do live shows on a regular basis, well not so much ratatat but they play them alot

definatly prime choices when it comes to dance / trance
I need satellite radio nao. AVB was in NY a few weeks ago, it was like 70$ a ticket otherwise I would've gone. T_T

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Contrary to popular opinion, Coheed is neither good nor worth listening to.

Random unrelated thought: I sometimes get paranoid about my weight, but then I step on a scale and realize that I'm the same weight as I have been for the past like, 6 years.
David. I have something to tell you.
I think In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3 is a great album. After that they are all complete **** though.

Top Bottom